Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Mohammadi_follower

What do think about demonstrations in Iran

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

On 12/29/2017 at 11:22 AM, alidu78 said:

On some anti Islamic Republic website we read that there are actually many demonstrations against the Islamic Republic chanting "death to rohani and forget about gaza care about Iran". 

Could someone from Iran could advise me if these protestor are many or marginals? 

If one looks at www.presstv.ir there are no reports of demonstrations and everything seems to be calm within Iran. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Silas said:

I don't think it would take much to normalize relations between the US and Iran (and the west in general).

Both sides would have to make concessions: Iran would have to relax some of its laws and soften its approach toward political and ideological dissent, dismantle any attempts at creating a nuclear weapon, and improve relations with the Arab states and Israel

The US would have to end all sanctions, recognize the legitimacy of the Iranian government, and formulate a formal treaty

The current situation is bad for all sides and makes zero sense. A vast majority of Americans (and people in the west) have absolutely no ill-will towards Iran or its people, and many believe that Shia Islam is the "true" Islam, unlike the violent radicalism of the Salafists/Wahhabists.

really, americans and westerners think shia islam is true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

really, americans and westerners think shia islam is true?

Salam this is true but the problem is between two governments policy Iran was a shia country before revolution but had the best relation with USA & Israel gov people of america & Iran can accept each other but governments cant accept each other Doctrine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what is going on is getting very exaggerated and I think there are foreign groups that have interested in exaggerating the situation.

Furthermore, it is no surprise that poverty, unemployment and inflation is on the rise because this is exactly what the aim of the sanctions directed towards Iran is all about.

The sanctions are there to make life harder for every day people, this will naturally cause and unrest and unhappiness among the citizens of the nations which will ultimately build an opinion against the sitting government, because people blaming the sitting government is the go to answer for all your problems. Yet nobody stops to think what role the sanctions put on Iran by foreign powers because Iran does not wish to be a lap top nation has to do with the harder life conditions.

Iran lacks nothing in terms of natural resources or opportunities or educated people that would cause such economical unrest so one must ask themselves what is the major cause of the situation? Yes, there is corruption, much like in the rest of the world, but it is not the major cause for this situation, it is the sanctions and it is exactly what the aim of the sanctions are.

Furthermore, as far as I have understood it, the demonstration in Mashhad were originally done by pro-ahmadinejad people against rohani but was then hijacked by anti IR groups as they saw the opportunity and then it was bloated x 1000 by western media because they hate the Iranian government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, andres said:

Demonstrations in support of the government and against foreign meddling in internal affairs (there is a big history of that).

And it was a hundred times bigger than the demonstrations few days ago, did it get the same western media cover?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Demonstrations in support of the government and against foreign meddling in internal affairs (there is a big history of that).

And it was a hundred times bigger than the demonstrations few days ago, did it get the same western media cover?

Presstv says the huge demonstrations today are in memory of a pro-Islamic demonstratio december 9th 2009. Do Iranians have a tradition to conmemorate every 8th year?

Edited by andres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@andres

Please see bellow:

5 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

8 years ago a group of people disrespected Ashoura and Ayatollah Khamenei in Iran. People came to streets on 30th Dec 2009 and supported Ayatollah Khamenei and Islamic Republic of Iran. Those people who protested against Ayatollah Khamenei and Islamic Republic were guided by US government and some European embassies in Iran.

Anyway, from 2009 to present, people always come to streets on Dec 30 to support Ayatollah Khamenei and Islamic Republic.

The reason I said tomorrow is a big day is because of these protests yesterday and today that are guided by US for sure. You'll hear the news later on. Please pray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, andres said:

I cannot see that presstv say there were demonstrations a few days ago. What it says is that the huge demonstrations today are in memory of a pro-Islamic demonstratio december 9th 2009. Do Iranians have a tradition to conmemorate every 8th year?

Hi it happens every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IbnSina said:

I think what is going on is getting very exaggerated and I think there are foreign groups that have interested in exaggerating the situation.

Furthermore, it is no surprise that poverty, unemployment and inflation is on the rise because this is exactly what the aim of the sanctions directed towards Iran is all about.

The sanctions are there to make life harder for every day people, this will naturally cause and unrest and unhappiness among the citizens of the nations which will ultimately build an opinion against the sitting government, because people blaming the sitting government is the go to answer for all your problems. Yet nobody stops to think what role the sanctions put on Iran by foreign powers because Iran does not wish to be a lap top nation has to do with the harder life conditions.

Iran lacks nothing in terms of natural resources or opportunities or educated people that would cause such economical unrest so one must ask themselves what is the major cause of the situation? Yes, there is corruption, much like in the rest of the world, but it is not the major cause for this situation, it is the sanctions and it is exactly what the aim of the sanctions are.

Furthermore, as far as I have understood it, the demonstration in Mashhad were originally done by pro-ahmadinejad people against rohani but was then hijacked by anti IR groups as they saw the opportunity and then it was bloated x 1000 by western media because they hate the Iranian government.

 

I agree with above points and this is probably overblown by anti-IRI groups. At the same time, I think it should be the #1 job of any government to try to make life better for the people of the country thru economic improvements, trying to keep inflation low, and diversifying the economy, which creates security. 

Many governments in the area, not just Iran, have heavily relied on revenue from petroleum  / natural gas in order to pay for government expenditures. Now that the era of reliance on this income is coming to an end (because of alternative energy sources and the glut of oil on the market), they should try to think how they can diversify and increase trade so that the economy can stabilize. Maybe they are already doing this, I don't know. 

 

Also I have looked at some of the clips of the anti government protests on BBC. It looks like a few hundred people. These are protests, but doesn't seem to be 'massive' or 'widespread' as most Western news outlets are reporting. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, andres said:

News from  bbc and Presstv are both propaganda. Bbc run by buisness and Presstv by the Iranian Priests. Lets see what happens. 

BBC is sponsored by the english government.

PressTV is sponsored by the Iranian government.

Of course they are going to share the news that are in their favor, this is nothing new.

The difference is that the british government has a long history of meddling in Iranian internal politics/affairs and manipulating it thru various malicious ways (see operation Ajax as one of numerous examples). So their agenda is clear. The british government is the cause of much chaos all around the world, see what role it had in the upbringing of house of saud(la), the chaos created after the division of Africa, etc.

If you want to take it further, you could ask yourself who influenced the british government to act this way? Why do they care whats going on Iran this much?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a small minority that is unhappy with the financial situation in Iran, I have heard this before. That they dislike Hezbullah because, that money is "theirs".
I am sure some have a right to be angry.
This is a classic enemy tactic.To use money against us. They use this excuse in Lebanon against hizbullah. They say "Lebanon has a bad economy because of hizbullah, if you get rid of them the economy will improve.",  "Saudi will not invest in Lebanon as long as hizbullah is in power". These are the same tactics they used in Kufa. And they worked. 

Instead sheep should turn to the real people keeping them poor, USA and Co. Iran is the most sanctioned/cut off country on earth besides Nkorea. It has been this way for alomst 40 years now. How do you expect an economy to survive for so long let alone strive?

 

Edited by kirtc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kirtc said:

Instead sheep should turn to the real people keeping them poor, USA and Co. Iran is the most sanctioned/cut off country on earth besides Nkorea. It has been this way for alomst 40 years now. How do you expect an economy to survive for so long let alone strive?

 

False. Sanctions against Iraq in the 90s are the worst in modern history, ever. Nothing that has been done to Iran even comes close to that.

It is said a million Iraqis died due to UN sanctions.

In fact, Iraq just had a few sanctions removed just a few weeks ago, related to the 90s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctions_against_Iraq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, andres said:

Presstv says the huge demonstrations today are in memory of a pro-Islamic demonstratio december 9th 2009. Do Iranians have a tradition to conmemorate every 8th year?

lt is Dey 9 epic, not Dec 9.

Also, lsIam does not have "priests" anymore than Jews have them. Priests -like a haruspex- are a Western and pagan thing. lslam has imam who lead prayer and scholars that fatwa an opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...