In the Name of God بسم الله

Open Club  ·  189 members

The Hadith Club

Divine Hadith of Allah (swt) *AL QUDSI*

Intellectual Resistance

• Advanced Member

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

This thread is a work in progress, to compile every reliable Hadith al-Qudsi from Kitab al-Kafi (Usul and Furu'). Al Qudsi traditions are from the Almighty and inspired to the Prophet (saw) who conveys the Hadith in his own words. Given these are attributed to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and are , despite not being Quran/that kind of revelation, it is important to only select ones we can have some level of confidence with respect to the reliability of the particular tradition. 

• Advanced Member

Hadith al-Qudsi one

“Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, has said, ‘I Swear by My Majesty, My Glory, My Greatness, Beauty and Height of My Highness, if anyone of My servant acts as I wish instead of his own wish in anything of worldly matters I will make him feel rich in his soul and concentrate on his affairs of the next life. I guarantee to provide his sustenance from the heavens and earth, and I will be for him (to support) in all of his dealings with each and every merchant.’” 
محمد بن يحيى ، عن أحمد بن محمد ، عن ابن محبوب ، عن العلاء بن رزين ، عن ابن سنان ، عن أبي حمزة ، عن أبي جعفر عليه‌السلام قال قال الله عز وجل وعزتي وجلالي وعظمتي وبهائي وعلو ارتفاعي لا يؤثر عبد مؤمن هواي على هواه في شيء من أمر الدنيا إلا جعلت غناه في نفسه وهمته في آخرته وضمنت السماوات والأرض رزقه وكنت له من وراء تجارة كل تاجر. 

صحيح

• Advanced Member

Hadith al-Qudsi two

“The Messenger of Allah (saw) has said that Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, has said, ‘Among My believing servants there are those whose religious lives can only be at their best with wealth, comfort and good health. I try them by means of wealth, comfort and good health and this makes their religious affairs to be in the best condition. Also among My believing servants there are those whose religious lives are only at their best with poverty, destitution and ailing health. I try them by means of poverty, destitution and ailing health and this helps their religious lives to be in the best condition. I know what is good for the religious matters of my believing servants. Among My believing servants there are those who strive to worship Me. They wake up from sleep leaving their comfortable pillow for Tahajjud (special prayer at night). They experiences fatigue and I allow slumber overcome them on one or two nights, a trial from Me to see if he continues, he goes to sleep and wakes up upset and angry over his own self. If I allow him to do the way he wants to worship, he may develop a sense of conceit (unwanted pride) that can lead him to mischief in his deeds. This may bring about his destruction. It can so happen due to his happiness with whatever his soul desires. He may begin to feel as if he has excelled all worshippers and has surpassed the limits of defective worship. In so doing he moves away from Me even though he thinks that he is getting closer to Me. Therefore, they must not rely on their good deeds that they do to receive rewards from Me. Even if they strive hard, tire themselves and finish their lives worshipping Me they fall short, in worshipping Me truly, in their quest for My generous rewards, My bounties in paradise and high positions near Me. They must only trust in My mercy, be happy with My generosity and always be hopeful about Me. In such cases My mercy will reach them as well as my approval and forgiveness and my pardon will provide them cover; I am Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful, and thus I have taken such names.’” 
محمد بن يحيى ، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى ، عن ابن محبوب ، عن داود الرقي ، عن أبي عبيدة الحذاء ، عن أبي جعفر عليه‌السلام قال قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله قال الله عز وجل إن من عبادي المؤمنين عبادا لا يصلح لهم أمر دينهم إلا بالغنى والسعة والصحة في البدن فأبلوهم بالغنى والسعة وصحة البدن فيصلح عليهم أمر دينهم وإن من عبادي المؤمنين لعبادا لا يصلح لهم أمر دينهم إلا بالفاقة والمسكنة والسقم في أبدانهم فأبلوهم بالفاقة والمسكنة والسقم فيصلح عليهم أمر دينهم وأنا أعلم بما يصلح عليه أمر دين عبادي المؤمنين وإن من عبادي المؤمنين لمن يجتهد في عبادتي فيقوم من رقاده ولذيذ وساده فيتهجد لي الليالي فيتعب نفسه في عبادتي فأضربه بالنعاس الليلة والليلتين نظرا مني له وإبقاء عليه فينام حتى يصبح فيقوم وهو ماقت لنفسه زارئ عليها ـ ولو أخلي بينه وبين ما يريد من عبادتي لدخله العجب من ذلك فيصيره العجب إلى الفتنة بأعماله فيأتيه من ذلك ما فيه هلاكه لعجبه بأعماله ورضاه عن نفسه حتى يظن أنه قد فاق العابدين وجاز في عبادته حد التقصير فيتباعد مني عند ذلك وهو يظن أنه يتقرب إلي فلا يتكل العاملون على أعمالهم التي يعملونها لثوابي فإنهم لو اجتهدوا وأتعبوا أنفسهم وأفنوا أعمارهم في عبادتي كانوا مقصرين غير بالغين في عبادتهم كنه عبادتي فيما يطلبون عندي من كرامتي والنعيم في جناتي ورفيع درجاتي العلى في جواري ولكن فبرحمتي فليثقوا وبفضلي فليفرحوا وإلى حسن الظن بي فليطمئنوا فإن رحمتي عند ذلك تداركهم ومني يبلغهم رضواني ومغفرتي تلبسهم عفوي فإني أنا الله الرحمن الرحيم وبذلك تسميت. 

مختلف فيه صحيح على الظاهر.

Hadith al-Qudsi three

“Of the revelations that Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, sent to Moses ibn ‘Imran was as follows: ‘O, Moses, son of ‘Imran, I have not created anything more beloved to Me than My believing servant. I try him only because it is for his good. I give him good health just for his good. I hold back what is evil for him in favor of what is for his good. I know best in what conditions My servant works for his own best interest. He then must bear patience in My trials, appreciate My favors and agree with My decision. I count him among the truthful ones before Me if he acts according to My pleasure and obeys My command.’” 
محمد بن يحيى ، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى ، عن الحسن بن محبوب ، عن مالك بن عطية ، عن داود بن فرقد ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام أن فيما أوحى الله عز وجل إلى موسى بن عمران عليه‌السلام يا موسى بن عمران ما خلقت خلقا أحب إلي من عبدي

Hadith al-Qudsi four

“The Messenger of Allah [saw] has said, ‘Allah, the Most Blessed, the Most High, has said, “The doers of good deeds must not rely on their deeds alone to receive rewards from Me. If they strive and tire themselves (for a lifetime) to worship Me they still have shortcomings in their worship. They cannot reach the essence of worshipping Me to find what they look for. They cannot receive My grace and bounties in My paradise and high ranks near Me without My kindness. They must rely on My kindness, hope for My additional rewards, be comfortable in their hopefulness about Me. My kindness and mercy, in such cases, will reach them, from Me My gratification and forgiveness will close up to them, and My pardon will provide them cover. I am Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful, and thus I have named Myself.”’” 
دة من أصحابنا ، عن أحمد بن محمد ، عن ابن محبوب ، عن داود بن كثير ، عن أبي عبيدة الحذاء ، عن أبي جعفر عليه‌السلام قال قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله قال الله تبارك وتعالى لا يتكل العاملون على أعمالهم التي يعملونها لثوابي فإنهم لو اجتهدوا وأتعبوا أنفسهم أعمارهم في عبادتي كانوا مقصرين غير بالغين في عبادتهم كنه عبادتي فيما يطلبون عندي من كرامتي والنعيم في جناتي ورفيع الدرجات العلى في جواري ولكن برحمتي فليثقوا وفضلي فليرجوا وإلى حسن الظن بي فليطمئنوا فإن رحمتي عند ذلك تدركهم ومني يبلغهم رضواني ومغفرتي تلبسهم عفوي فإني أنا الله الرحمن الرحيم وبذلك تسميت.

صحيح ومعلق على الخبر السابق

Hadith al-Qudsi five

Imam Al Ridha (as)  has said: “Be hopeful about Allah, because Allah, the Most Majestic, the  Most Holy, has said, ‘I deal according to the thinking of My believing servant toward Me. I am good to him if he thinks good about Me and I am not good to him if he does not think good about Me.’” 
محمد بن يحيى ، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى ، عن محمد بن إسماعيل بن بزيع ، عن أبي الحسن الرضا عليه‌السلام قال أحسن الظن بالله فإن الله عز وجل يقول أنا عند ظن عبدي المؤمن بي إن خيرا فخيرا وإن شرا فشرا.: صحيح.

Hadith al-Qudsi six

“Abu ‘Abd Allah [Jaffer ibn Muhammed As Sadiq] (as) , has said: said, ‘It is written in the Torah, “O son of Adam, devote yourself to my worship and I will fill your heart with riches and will not leave you to your own quest. It is upon Me to meet your needs and fill your heart with fear from Me. If you do not devote yourself to My worship I will fill your heart with preoccupation in worldly matters, and then I will not meet your needs and will leave you up to your own pursuit.”’” 
عدة من أصحابنا ، عن أحمد بن محمد ، عن ابن محبوب ، عن عمر بن يزيد ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام قال في التوراة مكتوب يا ابن آدم تفرغ لعبادتي أملأ قلبك غنى ولا أكلك إلى طلبك وعلي أن أسد فاقتك وأملأ قلبك خوفا مني وإن لا تفرغ لعبادتي أملأ قلبك شغلا بالدنيا ثم لا أسد فاقتك وأكلك إلى طلبك.

صحيح