Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
race

Reality of Repentance

Rate this topic

Some points to consider

In order to get all our sins forgiven and attain to true repentance is by no means an easy task. It has been said in narrations that it is more tough to repent than it is to abstain from sin. Now what does it mean to truly repent. What constitutes true repentance? I'm not going to go in much detail but just going to give you some parts to make you understand what true repentance is. If you sin and then you have repented and then you sin again: if this cycle continues, then know that you haven't truly repented. Your previous sins might have been forgiven but what I'm saying is it isn't true repentance. True repentance can mean many different things but one meaning which can be applied here is seeing barzakh while one is alive in this world. Once a man sees barzakh (punishment, etc.), then its almost impossible to sin. Imagine you get burned by fire every time you do something in this life-in that case you would not do the action because you cant tolerate burning. So you will find an alternative way so you can abstain from sin such as getting married, or in cases of haram earnings, perhaps a low paying halal job. One way to look at repentance is to get cleansed to the point you are able to witness barzakh. Now everyone must do repentance even if you don't sin because all sins have to be accounted for and if proper repentance is not done for past sins, they can come back in your life so they must be wiped out once and for all. You really have to go and see the causes of those sins. Why did you sin in the first place? There are many other steps to repentance but these were just a few points I wanted to share. Also not to forget the evils of sinning. ONE MUST UNDERSTAND AND KNOW THE EVIL EFFECTS OF SINNING. SOME OF THEM BEING:

Sin brings stress, depression

Sin makes you a coward

Sin destroys your beauty

Sin reduces your lifespan. If you were to live for 60 years, you can even die at 40 or even earlier

Sin is deception

Sin closes the doors of guidance

Sin can lead to other sins

Sin can make one forget about TIME and before you know it THE HOUR ARRIVES

Sin is what keeps Imam Mahdi away from us

Quran, "It is but one Shout, and behold them brought together before Us" - meaning the shout can come anytime for you or me  

Quran, "This day no soul is wronged in aught; nor are you requited aught save What ye used to do"

Edited by race

6 minutes ago, race said:

Sin brings stress, depression

Sin makes you a coward

Sin destroys your beauty

Sin reduces your lifespan. If you were to live for 60 years, you can even die at 40 or even earlier

Sin is deception

Sin closes the doors of guidance

Sin can lead to other sins

Sin can make one forget about TIME and before you know it THE HOUR ARRIVES

Sin is what keeps Imam Mahdi away from us

Quran, "It is but one Shout, and behold them brought together before Us" - meaning the shout can come anytime for you or me  

Quran, "This day no soul is wronged in aught; nor are you requited aught save What ye used to do"

Really LOVE THIS !!