Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
co2017

Jesus Christ said I am the Truth. Why is truth ignored?

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, co2017 said:

why is truth ignored?

Hello. Welcome to ShiaChat. I think the C in your username stands for Christian. :) 

Salaam, i think in some circumstances it is ignored because these days, many people have lost the ability to think deeply and objectively about things. Also, i think people become too attached to their own opinions and beliefs and if "truth" is presented to them and it goes against their beliefs, they will ignore and or deny it as a way of preserving themselves. It can be extremelly hard for some people to change their deeply held beliefs. Ignoring truth is easier for them.

W/s

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

People can't handle the truth.  Look at Trump and Hillary, they twist & turn and lie, lie, lie.  For them it is easier to lie than speak the truth.

MSM is also notorious in deceiving the public.

I just saw your tag.  We are shias, Rasoul Allah said 3liyyoun m3 al haq wal haq m3 3lee.

Ali is with truth and the truth is with 3li.

Do you know who is Imam Ali?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Edited by Laayla

Bismehe Ta3ala,

@co2017

We have christians on this site @andres @LeftCoastMom @Christianlady

We also have many converts who are former Christians.  @notme @Hameedeh @zainabamy 

We welcome people from any religion to come and learn and understand who is Prophet Mohammad and his family.

We do not like oppression.  We beleive in Day of judgement.  We despise tryants.  We stand with truth.  

What about you?  How do you see the birthplace of Jesus under occupation?  

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

On 12/23/2017 at 8:21 AM, co2017 said:

why is truth ignored?

The popular perception that this verse claims that Jesus requires our worship in order for us to receive salvation is not the intended meaning of this verse. However, in order for us to recognize this fact it is necessary to study it's context.

If we were to back up a little and read from the beginning of this chapter, we would find that just before Jesus spoke these words, he said; 

"In my Father's house are many mansions (dwelling places); if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a mansion (a dwelling place) for you." 

John 14:2

The above statement is quite clear. It is in exact conformance to the teachings of the Qur'an. In the Qur'an we are told how God sent messengers to all tribes and nations. We are told that the basic message which was given to each of these tribes was the same: "Worship God alone and worship none else." Some of the secondary details of this worship might differ from one tribe or nation to the next according to God's infinite wisdom and his knowledge of those people. It was made very clear to each prophet that he was not to preach to anyone but his own people. It was further made clear to this messenger's people that if they were to obey him that they would receive the reward of God. God would not hold them accountable for what any other tribe or nation did or did not do. This would continue until God's last messenger, prophet Muhammad (pbuh) would be sent to all mankind as the seal of the prophets.

This is exactly what Jesus is saying here. He said that in God's mansion there are "many" rooms. Jesus was sent to guide to only one of them. The countless other rooms were reserved for other tribes and nations if they would obey their messengers. However, Jesus was telling his followers that they need not worry themselves about the other rooms. Anyone from among his people who wished to enter into the room which was reserved for them could only do so if they followed Jesus and obeyed his command. So Jesus confirmed that he was going to prepare "a" mansion and not "all" the mansions in "my Father's house".

Further, the verse clearly states that Jesus was the "WAY" to a mansion. He did not say that he is the "DESTINATION" which would be the case if he were God. What else would we expect a prophet of God to say except "I am the 'way' to God's mercy"? That is his job. That is what a prophet does. It is why God chose him in the first place; in order to guide to the mercy of God. This is indeed confirmed in John 10:9 where Jesus tells us that he is "the door" to "the pasture." In other words, he is the "prophet" who guides his people to "heaven" (see also Jn. 12:44). Once again, this is the message of Islam. 

Finally, remember 

"Not every one that says to me(Jesus); 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of my Father, who is in heaven." 

Matthew.7:21

Edited by Arminmo

45 minutes ago, Arminmo said:

Where did prophet jesus say : “ I am the truth “ ?

NEW TESTAMENT John 13:14

Jesus the Way to the Father 

Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?" 

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." 

Philip said, "Lord show us the Father and that will be enough for us." 

Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in me? The words i say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing the work. Believe me when i say that i am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe in the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth; anyone who has faith in me will do what i have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and i will do it." 

Pretty much in their books. It's good to learn about other faiths. A quick googling will take you to websites with online copies and other verses too. Before you ask, I am a muslim shia.

In our books, it's different ofc. We claim the original injeel has been corrupted and changed (I believe this to be true). The books christians hold today are inspired by God rather than by God Himself.

Edit: realised you changed your answer. You cherry picked verses though... That's unfair :(

Edited by yusur317

21 minutes ago, yusur317 said:

Edit: realised you changed your answer.

Yeah it needed editation,  you can do the same.

Edited by Arminmo

On 29/12/2017 at 10:45 PM, co2017 said:

thank you for the answer to why people ignore truth. Yes I am a Christian. Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life no man comes to the Father but by Him.

Muslims follow and love Prophet Jesus (as) too.

The only difference is that we don't take Jesus Christ as the literal son of God. 

The reason for this is that it goes against the intellect of any human being. 

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

God is unique and their is only one who is gracious and merciful.  Do we not all remember the first commandment of the prophet Moses? "Thou shalt have no other gods but Me" As a former Christian  it was easy for me to convert to Islam because as @ali_fatheroforphans has said the Muslims love and follow Jesus. Reading the Quran and early Roman imperial manipulation of Christianity was one of the many driving forces that helped me find truth in a new religion (Shi’a Islam) and made it very clear to me why Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى gave us another prophet and the twelve Imams to guide us. 

I certainly haven’t ignored the truth...I needed to discover it first before i could follow it. 

Edited by Wholehearted Shi'a

Thank you all for your interesting comments! Thank God that we have the Holy Bible so that we can read and know the truth. Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of the Father(God), His desire is that all men and women may come to Him and find forgiveness and have a relationship with Him. Christianity is a  deep relationship and an adoption into the family of God.