Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
race

Prescription for Spiritual Perfection

Rate this topic

Assalaam mulaikum everyone:

I think this is from the book A phase of the Shia Mystics

Prescription of Ayatollah Tabrizi for Ayatollah Isfahani (Kompani)

"The beneficial way in knowing the self is to endeavour in reducing your animality by the following desciplines:

1) Reducing your meals in that you don't have more than 2 meals a day and not to have more than 2 or 3 times meat in a weak

2) Reducing your sleeping hours in that you don't sleep more than 6 hours

3) Endeavour in safeguarding your tongue and abstaining from heedless people. These 3 will be very helpful in reducing the animality of man.

As for accelerating and reinforcing your spirituality:

1) Permanent grief of heart (not facial) in fear of not reaching your destination

2) Thikr (rememberance of Allah) and Fikr (to think and ponder) as these 2 are the wings of flying to the heaven of knowledge. As for the Thikr, the thikr of Yunisiyah in the morning and at night is very much experienced and brings about many blessings. The minimum times of reciting it is 400x. As for the Fikr for a beginner, the best is to ponder upon death.

1 hour ago, race said:

Assalaam mulaikum everyone:

I think this is from the book A phase of the Shia Mystics

Prescription of Ayatollah Tabrizi for Ayatollah Isfahani (Kompani)

"The beneficial way in knowing the self is to endeavour in reducing your animality by the following desciplines:

1) Reducing your meals in that you don't have more than 2 meals a day and not to have more than 2 or 3 times meat in a weak

2) Reducing your sleeping hours in that you don't sleep more than 6 hours

3) Endeavour in safeguarding your tongue and abstaining from heedless people. These 3 will be very helpful in reducing the animality of man.

As for accelerating and reinforcing your spirituality:

1) Permanent grief of heart (not facial) in fear of not reaching your destination

2) Thikr (rememberance of Allah) and Fikr (to think and ponder) as these 2 are the wings of flying to the heaven of knowledge. As for the Thikr, the thikr of Yunisiyah in the morning and at night is very much experienced and brings about many blessings. The minimum times of reciting it is 400x. As for the Fikr for a beginner, the best is to ponder upon death.

Perfect post

Salaam Alaykum

I'm so pleased for this post. I'm happy to see that there are still Muslims who think about spirituality.

I'm very concerned about this, and I need a friend, a good Muslim man, where we can grow up together. Working and doing stuff alone is not good. I need a good friend to advise each other. One time I thought my friend in Chicago is a good guy. Later on, I realized that he also has earthly concerns. Whenever I go to the mosque, I see that almost all people are concerned about Dunya. This morning I was thinking about going to that mosque is a good thing or not. Then I decided to go only for prays and dua and Shahadat and skip all other programs.

If you guys are concerned about spirituality and want to elevate yourself, let's talk with each other in private. I need a good Muslim man as friend. Someone who avoiding sin is his higher concern. I always think about going to Najaf and live there.

33 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salaam Alaykum

I'm so pleased for this post. I'm happy to see that there are still Muslims who think about spirituality.

I'm very concerned about this, and I need a friend, a good Muslim man, where we can grow up together. Working and doing stuff alone is not good. I need a good friend to advise each other. One time I thought my friend in Chicago is a good guy. Later on, I realized that he also has earthly concerns. Whenever I go to the mosque, I see that almost all people are concerned about Dunya. This morning I was thinking about going to that mosque is a good thing or not. Then I decided to go only for prays and dua and Shahadat and skip all other programs.

If you guys are concerned about spirituality and want to elevate yourself, let's talk with each other in private. I need a good Muslim man as friend. Someone who avoiding sin is his higher concern. I always think about going to Najaf and live there.

There is also a good advice of MOHHAMAD Hussain Tabatabie for how to begin getting spirituality. 

1.Do repentance with firm will of not committing sin again. 

2.Do an accounting of daily actions. If you have displeased Allah then repent. And if you have  done righteous actions then thank Allah. 

3.Before doing any actions check intention weather it is to please Allah or something else. If it is for pleasing Allah then do it. If the intention is not to please Allah then donot do it. 

4.R4.Recite daily the quranic surrah that  begins with glorifying Allah like Al Hadid or suratul jummah etc. 

Apply for 20 days. 

4 minutes ago, islam25 said:

There is also a good advice of MOHHAMAD Hussain Tabatabie for how to begin getting spirituality. 

1.Do repentance with firm will of not committing sin again. 

2.Do an accounting of daily actions. If you have displeased Allah then repent. And if you have  done righteous actions then thank Allah. 

3.Before doing any actions check intention weather it is to please Allah or something else. If it is for pleasing Allah then do it. If the intention is not to please Allah then donot do it. 

4.R4.Recite daily the quranic surrah that  begins with glorifying Allah like Al Hadid or suratul jummah etc. 

Apply for 20 days. 

Thanks for your wonderful post.

The thing is that I need a friend to go to this path together. I do try and do Salaatullayl and do sin accounting, I do Istighfar and so on, but I think if I find a friend with same concern, then it's much better and easier for me.

5 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Thanks for your wonderful post.

The thing is that I need a friend to go to this path together. I do try and do Salaatullayl and do sin accounting, I do Istighfar and so on, but I think if I find a friend with same concern, then it's much better and easier for me.

That is OK. May Allah bless you and help you . But there are more bigger demons in path. 

That is ego. Or may be the ego is biggest enemy for your spirituality. 

And then others like loving anything other than Allah. 

1 hour ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salaam Alaykum

Hazrat Shams Tabriz~~~There r more fake gurus & false teachers in this world than the number of stars in the visible universe.Don’t confuse power-driven, self-centered people with true mentors.A genuine spiritual master will not direct your attention to himself or herself and will not expect absolute obedience or utter admiration from you, but instead will help you to appreciate and admire your inner self. True mentors are as transparent as glass. They let the light of God pass through them.

I'm very concerned about this, and I need a friend, a good Muslim man, where we can grow up together. Working and doing stuff alone is not good.

Trust only Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and He can guide you alone to greatest of the Imaan.

Guest silasun

Please bare  in mind that this is a very specific prescription to somebody who was old and ready advanced in spiritual wayfaring.

No young person should be sleeping less than 6 hours a night - it is dangerous.

Also, the issue of food is again very specific to that scholar. If young adults have only 2 meals a day then they might become sick and weak. This isn't a prescription for a young adult though.

Please use your judgement when it comes to these very specific pieces of mystical guidance which haven't been given as advice to everybody.

Edited by silasun

No young person should be sleeping less than 6 hours a night - it is dangerous.

The most important is that don't sleep a lot hours, because that is something Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى dislikes. Just sleep that 8 hours so you can do your worship correctly.

Also, the issue of food is again very specific to that scholar. If young adults have only 2 meals a day then they might become sick and weak. This isn't a prescription for a young adult though.

Not necessary, depends on what food you eat. Also when fasting, it is easier to eat 1-2 meals in day.

1 hour ago, islam25 said:

Hazrat Shams Tabriz~~~There r more fake gurus & false teachers in this world than the number of stars in the visible universe.Don’t confuse power-driven, self-centered people with true mentors.A genuine spiritual master will not direct your attention to himself or herself and will not expect absolute obedience or utter admiration from you, but instead will help you to appreciate and admire your inner self. True mentors are as transparent as glass. They let the light of God pass through them.

Thank you for those words. All the spiritual mentors I have met always demand absolute obedience. I fail to give them that and then they become frustrated. 

18 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salaam Alaykum

Walaikum us Salaam brother. Yes, there are people who are really spiritual even if you see them involved in this world, but we are unable to recognize them due to our own inability and spiritual imperfection. Try associating with pious scholars near you, try to be in their company and benefit from their behaviour and speech inshAllah.