Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ron_Burgundy

Issues with Islam

Rate this topic

I am going to ask my question on hijab again:

I understand that due to the difference in the biology of male and female, we have different needs. However the thing that i do not understand is why women have tocover the hair and neck, while men do not; of course, i understand men have awrah and hijab obligation too, but why do they not have to cover their hair? Isn’t a man’s hair also taken as a sign of beauty, now a days?

to be fair, someone did say men don’t have to cover their beauty. But isn’t that slightly unfair, by telling women you must cover up your beauty just because you are a woman and certain people have an evil gaze.

edit: before anyone gets offended, i used to wear hijab too, and i also wore it at my own will, so i’m not asking this because i am mad at hijab. I do also disagree with the western feminist idea that women should be allowed to basically walk around naked. That is also not right. But then again, men should need to cover up just as much as us

Edited by SaniyehZahra

31 minutes ago, SaniyehZahra said:

If you say this, what is your view on working women? So many working women have revolutionised the world, like marie curie for example

hmm. i would have to think about that. will get back to you on this. 

28 minutes ago, SaniyehZahra said:

I know this is also off topic, but in islam if a man wants a second wife but his first wife doesn’t want him to, is he still allowed to remarry?

bring every question/issue you have. no such thing as off topic as long as we are talking about islam.

if a woman does not want the man to have a second wife and wishes to be the only wife, she can demand that as a condition in the marriage contract. before marriage. 

10 minutes ago, SaniyehZahra said:

I am going to ask my question on hijab again:

I understand that due to the difference in the biology of male and female, we have different needs. However the thing that i do not understand is why women have tocover the hair and neck, while men do not; of course, i understand men have awrah and hijab obligation too, but why do they not have to cover their hair? Isn’t a man’s hair also taken as a sign of beauty, now a days?

to be fair, someone did say men don’t have to cover their beauty. But isn’t that slightly unfair, by telling women you must cover up your beauty just because you are a woman and certain people have an evil gaze.

edit: before anyone gets offended, i used to wear hijab too, and i also wore it at my own will, so i’m not asking this because i am mad at hijab. I do also disagree with the western feminist idea that women should be allowed to basically walk around naked. That is also not right. But then again, men should need to cover up just as much as us

1. there is no war going on in islam between men and women. i say this because we all try to help each other be better people. and in doing so, women observe hijab so as to avoid being seen by their brothers in religion. (read point 3)

2. men are more easily sexually attracted as compared to women and have relatively little control. so if a woman looks at a man, she wont feel anything, but the other way around will be a different scenario. 

3. the concept of fair and unfair would be true, if this world was it and there was no afterlife. islam teaches there is an after life. so even if this hijab thing was unfair, women would be rewarded that much more in the afterlife.

4. women are told to cover themselves. but you see, men and women are both told to lower their gaze. but men are told to do it first. so, the point that women cover up because of men, is on some levels, pointless. 

what is important to understand is that men and women are not equal. they are equal in terms of deeds and in the sight of Allah based on piety. but in terms of practical laws and this world, they are not. so to ask for the same laws for both of them is not correct. 

also, one more reason for hijab is that women tend to like dressing up, in all senses of the word, which can cause arrogance. so, hijab sort of serves as a reminder that we need to be humble and not show off and be proud of the way we look. men usually are carefree and would go out in their trousers for all they care.