Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ron_Burgundy

Issues with Islam

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Have you read quran with meaning and tafseer? 

Yes i have in arabic (growing up) and english and persian However i havent read the tafseer i read the translation directly, which in heinsight probably was t a good idea because that was when i really began questioning 

Just now, SaniyehZahra said:

what i dont understan is suffering that is inflicted upon children. Children born with disease (regardless of whether it was natural or moral evil) or children that are involved in earthquaked.

I don't have the source on me but i there is a saying of Imam Ali in which he said, children and money are azmaish (test) for you. God is testing us and our sabr. They are given to you by Allah and he could take it away from you. In both cases they are test for you. 

1 hour ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Mehdi hassan has made great points. I never mentioned anything about current terrorism. I agree Islam is not to blame. But this is also why i dont agree with the judeo christian beliefs either

Edited by SaniyehZahra

Yes i have in arabic (growing up) and english and persian However i havent read the tafseer i read the translation directly, which in heinsight probably was t a good idea because that was when i really began questioning 

First of all you can't take entire knowledge from quran thats why Prophet (PBUHP) said I am leaving 2 things behind Quran and Ahl-e-bait you have to take both of them to get knowledge. 

I don't have the source on me but i there is a saying of Imam Ali in which he said, children and money are azmaish (test) for you. God is testing us and our sabr. They are given to you by Allah and he could take it away from you. In both cases they are test for you. 

But it just seems so unfair on little innocent children. Why mst they suffer just to act as azmaaiish for adults

Mehdi hassan has mad great points. I never mentioned anything about current terrorism. I agree Islam is not to blame. But this is also why i dont agree with the judeo christian beliefs either

Its not religion its a nature of human being. Do you think if we go become atheist this place (earth) will become jannat for us? 

First of all you can't take entire knowledge from quran thats why Prophet (PBUHP) said I am leaving 2 things behind Quran and Ahl-e-bait you have to take both of them to get knowledge. 

Agreed. And this is where i have gone wrong

41 minutes ago, SaniyehZahra said:

No definitely not. Like i said i disagree with atheism as well

The most logical stance is agnosticism.

But it depends if you have faith.

Edited by It's me hello

Another thing that bothers me is the whole male looking after female thing. I believe this may have been needed at the time when the quran was revealed, but now, living in the 21st century can a woman not look after herself? While it is nice that islam gives this protection from a male, are women not independant enough to look after themselves? 

I also just can’t understand the whole head covering (now before i get attacked, i wore it too, with my own will). I don’t see how wearing a cloth on your head makes you modest. I also find it a bit unfair that women have to wear it while men don’t. A lot of people have said that it is because a  womans hair and neck is a sign of beauty. But now a days, couldnt we say the same for men as well? 

Edited by SaniyehZahra

3 hours ago, SaniyehZahra said:

It kinda sucks to be agnostic though. It is confusing and you belong nowhere 

But then you have 2 options. You either have faith that god exists, or you have faith that god doesn't exist. At that point, it just boils down to faith, not evidence.

6 hours ago, SaniyehZahra said:

Another thing that bothers me is the whole male looking after female thing. I believe this may have been needed at the time when the quran was revealed, but now, living in the 21st century can a woman not look after herself? While it is nice that islam gives this protection from a male, are women not independant enough to look after themselves? 

It’s not a woman can’t look after herself in Islam. It’s so that men have some responsibility over something, to ground him, and to keep woman grounded as well, by keeping a family unit, and stability.

This isn’t to say that woman can’t take care of herself, but look at many men who assume no sense of responsibility for a woman—many leave their impregnated woman for someone else or refuse child support and equal care.

4 hours ago, SaniyehZahra said:

It kinda sucks to be agnostic though. It is confusing and you belong nowhere 

I don’t think you are really agnostic. I believe you are still Muslim, just confused and angry at Islam, for whatever reason.