Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Should I ask her or not?

Rate this topic

rxdbx

• Advanced Member

Salam,

I have this friend, and we used to be a lot closer but now as we've started at a new senior high schools we've kind of "lost contact". We've not met each other for a couple of months now, and distance is not the issue, she used to be my best friend. A couple of months ago we planned to start hanging again and we thought that er should meet up more often but due to Muharram I was usually at the majlis to late, and most of my days went like that so i declined whenever she asked to meet up bc I was at the mosque. She is sunni, but she got that it was Muharram. Later we planned to hang out a couple of times but it got delayed bc either she was busy or me. Now whenever I've asked her to hang out, she's always busy and twice she said that we can meet up this weekend but she slept over at another friends house and stayed there most of the day. Now, for a couple of weeks I've noticed we don't talk as much anymore, and she doesn't reply as "genuine" anymore. We really are starting to loose contact I mean we haven't seen each other for months.

I've been stressing about this lately & I know it's not the end of the world, Im only 16/17, so I've barely "started" my life, but I really don't want to loose her.

Im wondering should I send her a message saying "do u actually want to hang out with me or not?" Bc I just want to know, so that I don't ask her anymore if she doesn't. But first of all if she doesn't want to, it's going to be real awkward and I probably am not going to talk to her ever again after asking, but if she wants I don't want to sound needy.

I know this is a first world problem, and that there are people suffering out there, but I can't help but worry and stress.

Edited by Haji 2003
Spelling

• Veteran Member
21 minutes ago, rxdbx said:

She is sunni

Well, there's your first problem...

22 minutes ago, rxdbx said:

Now whenever I've asked her to hang out, she's always busy and twice she said that we can meet up this weekend but she slept over at another friends house and stayed there most of the day. Now, for a couple of weeks I've noticed we don't talk as much anymore, and she doesn't reply as "genuine" anymore. We really are starting to loose contact I mean we haven't seen each other for months.

That's because she's not interested in you.

23 minutes ago, rxdbx said:

Im wondering should I send her a message saying "do u actually want to hang out with me or not?" Bc I just want to know, so that I don't ask her anymore if she doesn't. But first of all if she doesn't want to, it's going to be real awkward and I probably am not going to talk to her ever again after asking, but if she wants I don't want to sound needy.

Let her go. Save your image and self-respect. Don't even bother texting her to ask. Play it cool and act as if it doesn't even bother you. Tons of other fish in the sea.

Salaam Alaykum Brother

Whatever you like. If you want to be in contact with her, go for it. If not, it's not the end of the world.

From what I realized, you go to the mosque. Why don't you try to find a Shia friend?

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover