Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[Closed/Review]What is everyone’s problem with homosexuality?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Just now, SaniyehZahra said:

Look, i dont really like to say i “left”   I would like to say i never really understood it properly. And again, just like i have said to about 10 other people I AM ASKING A QUESTION, I HAVE ALREADY ADMITTED THAT MANY OF MY ARGUMENTS WERE WRONG. What are you even getting at now

If I am wrong I invite someone to correct me but If I am not wrong from a jurisprudential point of view if you had been "raised muslim" as you said before you had been a Muslim so you are an apostate. 

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A 1990 study published by the U.S National Institute of Health showed that male victims of male rape often question their own sexual identity as a result of the traumatic experience. https://www.ncbi.

[OFF-TOPIC posts have been removed. Moderators decided to keep the topic locked. Thanks for your participation.] [Note from Mod: This topic has been temporarily closed for review by a moderator p

Salam Sister, you remind me a lot of my little sister. I have had countless arguments with her regarding homosexuality, and they end up going nowhere lol. This is my take on homosexuality: (

• Advanced Member
Just now, alidu78 said:

If I am wrong I invite someone to correct me but If I am not wrong from a jurisprudential point of view if you had been "raised muslim" as you said before you had been a Muslim so you are an apostate. 

Yes. I guess i am an apostate. But surely if an apostate is trying to not be an apostate, they should at least be treated with a tiny bit of respect? And i have not said you are wrong

20 minutes ago, SaniyehZahra said:

look, i have been raised muslim. 

Your profile tells us that you are unsure about your religion.

20 minutes ago, SaniyehZahra said:

As far as i know, the prophet was asked many, some stupid questions in his life. I dont think he is saying what you are

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 176:
وَلَا يَحْزُنكَ الَّذِينَ يُسَارِعُونَ فِي الْكُفْرِ إِنَّهُمْ لَن يَضُرُّوا اللَّهَ شَيْئًا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ أَلَّا يَجْعَلَ لَهُمْ حَظًّا فِي الْآخِرَةِ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ

And let not those grieve you who fall into unbelief hastily; surely they can do no harm to Allah at all; Allah intends that He should not give them any portion in the hereafter, and they shall have a grievous chastisement.
(English - Shakir)

21 minutes ago, SaniyehZahra said:

Or is the receiver just simply against questioning?

Insisting on ignorance is something different from questioning.

• Advanced Member
Just now, Salsabeel said:

Your profile tells us that you are unsure about your religion.

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 176:
وَلَا يَحْزُنكَ الَّذِينَ يُسَارِعُونَ فِي الْكُفْرِ إِنَّهُمْ لَن يَضُرُّوا اللَّهَ شَيْئًا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ أَلَّا يَجْعَلَ لَهُمْ حَظًّا فِي الْآخِرَةِ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ

And let not those grieve you who fall into unbelief hastily; surely they can do no harm to Allah at all; Allah intends that He should not give them any portion in the hereafter, and they shall have a grievous chastisement.
(English - Shakir)

Insisting on ignorance is something different from questioning.

Have i insisted on ignorance? I have already admitted 10 times that i was wrong, islam was right. And it is posts like this that has caused this thread to reach 8 pages. Not me being a troll or closed minded

• Advanced Member
On 12/16/2017 at 4:33 PM, SaniyehZahra said:

Salam! I know this topic is so anoying and generic and repeated again and again. But I just don’t get why Islam has such a massive problem with homosexuality. Are there not worse things to focus on? Why do (some) muslims treat homosexuality to be the worst thing in humanity. Another thing is we KNOW gays exist. Gays exist, and it doesnt matter whether it is natural or nurtured. The feelings are there. So why is Allah punishing people for feelings that either he made them with, or feelings they cant really help with because of how they were raised

I have no issues against homosexuals. So does Islam, as long as they don't commit sodomy and any other type of sexual activity there is nothing wrong with that. 

• Advanced Member
Just now, Ron_Burgundy said:

I have no issues against homosexuals. So does Islam, as long as they don't commit sodomy and any other type of sexual activity there is nothing wrong with that. 

Thank you :) we have now established that, so no, i amnot a troll. If i was a troll i would have just denied literally everything anyone says. And i havent done that

• Advanced Member
Just now, SaniyehZahra said:

Thank you :) we have now established that, so no, i amnot a troll. If i was a troll i would have just denied literally everything anyone says. And i havent done that

People don't understand Islam thats the issue. 

Please someone tell me if there a person who is gay but never got involved in any type of sexual activity. What do you guys would say about him?

3 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

People don't understand Islam thats the issue. 

Please someone tell me if there a person who is gay but never got involved in any type of sexual activity. What do you guys would say about him?

ـ الإمامُ الجوادُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): مَن شَهِدَ أمراً فكَرِهَهُ كانَ كمَن غابَ عَنهُ ، ومَن غابَ عَن أمرٍ فرَضِيَهُ كانَ كمَن شَهِدَهُ. 

ـ الإمامُ الجوادُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): مَنِ استَحسَنَ قَبيحاً كانَ شَريكاً فيهِ. 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

ـ الإمامُ الجوادُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): مَن شَهِدَ أمراً فكَرِهَهُ كانَ كمَن غابَ عَنهُ ، ومَن غابَ عَن أمرٍ فرَضِيَهُ كانَ كمَن شَهِدَهُ. 

ـ الإمامُ الجوادُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): مَنِ استَحسَنَ قَبيحاً كانَ شَريكاً فيهِ. 

You know i don't understand arabic. 

2 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

You know i don't understand arabic. 

Imam al-Jawad (AS) said, ‘He who approves of a wicked deed partakes in it.’[Kashf al-Ghamma, v. 3, p. 139]

Imam al-Jawad (AS) said, ‘He who witnesses a misdeed and abhors it is as one who was absent thereat, whereas he who is absent from a misdeed and yet contents himself with it is as one who witnessed it.’[Tuhaf al-`Uqoul, no. 456]

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Salsabeel said:

Imam al-Jawad (AS) said, ‘He who approves of a wicked deed partakes in it.’[Kashf al-Ghamma, v. 3, p. 139]

Imam al-Jawad (AS) said, ‘He who witnesses a misdeed and abhors it is as one who was absent thereat, whereas he who is absent from a misdeed and yet contents himself with it is as one who witnessed it.’[Tuhaf al-`Uqoul, no. 456]

Brother there is a misdeed if he commits sodomy or other sexual act with a same gender. If he/she is not doing anything wrong how could you accuse him/her for misdeed? 

2 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Brother there is a misdeed if he commits sodomy or other sexual act with a same gender. 

Lets see your words first:

15 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

have no issues against homosexuals. So does Islam,

Now lets see few verses 7:80-81 specifically.

5 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

If he/she is not doing anything wrong how could you accuse him/her for misdeed? 

What if he/she not doing anything but supporting or favouring the homosexuality first & then incest?

The above ahadith can guide you, in that case.

• Advanced Member

Lets see your words first:

Now lets see few verses 7:80-81 specifically.

What if he/she not doing anything but supporting or favouring the homosexuality first & then incest?

The above ahadith can guide you, in that case.

i am an “apostate”but i think i can answer this. A lot of muslims say that having homosexual FEELINGS is okay, so long as they are not acted upon

• Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Brother @ali_fatheroforphans

I do not claim piety.  God knows my sins, the difference is I don't broadcast them in public.  

I don't know your age, but please do not be influenced by such behavior.  I would never allow my children to be around such behavior.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Laayla said:

don't know your age, but please do not be influenced by such behavior.  I would never allow my children to be around such behavior.

What behaviour? Have i been walking around draped in a rainbow flag shouting “love is love” with a buzz cut ,trying to influence your kids to be gay. I asked a question, and you were extremely rude about it

1 minute ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

I love cherry picking quotes. You just took first half of my sentence. what about the other half? 

For knowing the second half, you need to see what happened with the people of Lut (a.s). Not all of them were homosexuals..... favouring or supporting wrong makes you wrong.

• Advanced Member

For knowing the second half, you need to see what happened with the people of Lut (a.s). Not all of them were homosexuals..... favouring or supporting wrong makes you wrong.

Again I said as long as they are not committing sodomy or any other type of sexual act I am fine with their orientation. 

• Veteran Member

I think everyone is smart enough to know you are mocking Islam.  

The truth of the matter is, and for the record this is my last response to you.  We have non muslims who hated Islam and later converted to this beautiful religion, and we have people who were born in this religion and leave and despise it.  

You were presented with many responses and yet you continue with this behavior.  I find you are enjoying this attention and I will no longer give you that thrill.

Goodnight Saniyeh, I will recite fatiha on your parents, I actually feel sorry for them for what their daughter has become.

• Advanced Member

Conclusion: Sodomy is 11th greatest sin and of course it is haram. No matter its done by bisexual or homosexual. However, if a gay person who never committed sodomy or any other sexual activity with a same gender then there is nothing wrong with that. You can't just beat him to death because he walks or talk like a woman. 

@SaniyehZahra are you defending Nasir Khan Jaan? 

• Veteran Member

High risk of HIV for homosexuals:

http://www.gmhc.org/files/editor/file/GMHC_lap_whitepaper_0609.pdf

https://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/factsheets/cdc-msm-508.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV_and_men_who_have_sex_with_men

These are sufficient evidences for mindful people to keep themselves safe instead of going against nature defined pattern

Edited by skyweb1987
  • Advanced Member

Look, first of all, i have no intention of of mocking islam. My closest family are all muslim, no exceptions.

i have already admitted i was wrong 1000 times

-same sex parents are in fact harmful to society

-to a degree, homosexuality isnt so different to incest

literally the only issue i disagreed on was the sistani fatva, but not every single muslim likes sistani

so all in all, islam was right, and i was wrong. Therefore i have mocked and embarassed myself, not Islam

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

High risk of HIV for homosexuals:

http://www.gmhc.org/files/editor/file/GMHC_lap_whitepaper_0609.pdf

https://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/factsheets/cdc-msm-508.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV_and_men_who_have_sex_with_men

These are sufficient evidences for mindful people to keep themselves safe instead of going against nature defined pattern

Thank you, and we also agreed on this as well, and i was wrong again.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

May Allah guide her. 

Thank you. And i have said this a million times,but i am trying to reconnect with Islam. I dont want to sound cocky, but some people dont even bother once they have made a decision

i do have something missing in my life, and i am willing to accept that that thing may be faith.

• Advanced Member
20 minutes ago, Laayla said:

I will recite fatiha on your parents, I actually feel sorry for them for what their daughter has become.

I asked in a respectful manner to not mention my parents under any circumstance. I find that extremely disrespectful and upsetting, especially after i asked nicely. Im not asking you to become gay, i asked you to not mention them. Is that also too much to ask for? Or maybe it does not matter because i am an apostate

This thread has gotten way out of control and I will only reach two conclusions:

1. OP is a troll

2. OP just wants attention. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

This thread has gotten way out of control and I will only reach two conclusions:

1. OP is a troll

2. OP just wants attention. 

Can you kindly explain how you came to these conclusions?

If i wanted attention ibwould cry about everything that has ever happened in my life, but im not, because i know everyone has their own issues, most of them bigger than mine

it could also be because i have got MPD and ADHD so thats why i might sound like a troll to some. But again, im not trying to gain sympathy, loads of people have these problems not just me