Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SaniyehZahra

[Closed/Review]What is everyone’s problem with homosexuality?

Rate this topic

Salam! I know this topic is so anoying and generic and repeated again and again. But I just don’t get why Islam has such a massive problem with homosexuality. Are there not worse things to focus on? Why do (some) muslims treat homosexuality to be the worst thing in humanity. Another thing is we KNOW gays exist. Gays exist, and it doesnt matter whether it is natural or nurtured. The feelings are there. So why is Allah punishing people for feelings that either he made them with, or feelings they cant really help with because of how they were raised

Ws,

If its a matter of feelings and feelings justifying different acts and that because of a feeling being present Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى should not punish people acting on it, then what about necrophilia, incest and other similar things?

Are they less bad because they have not been promoted non stop by western media in efforts to normalize it?

Dear Bros and sisters,

homosexuality/lesbinism is a problem when male female contact is forbidden by force to extreme extent as in whabi madressas and where faith on women and men is torn apart by overly nudity as in West. Or where Polygomy or supporting a divorced/widowed women is labelled as sin. 

Temp marriage is blessing such that one takes care of temp spouse as good friend without giving the first blessed one much of a strain. 

Islam is not just against homosexuality, Islam is against any form of release of sexual desire outside of the bond of marriage, which is between a man and a woman.

Islam is against adultery, incest and pre-marital intercourse between a straight couple just as it is against sodomy and other forms of gay actions. Those are all crimes punishable under the Islamic penal code if all the conditions are fulfilled. So it isn't like Islam is just out there picking on just homosexuality.

17 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Islam is not just against homosexuality, Islam is against any form of release of sexual desire outside of the bond of marriage, which is between a man and a woman.

Islam is against adultery, incest and pre-marital intercourse between a straight couple just as it is against sodomy and other forms of gay actions. Those are all crimes punishable under the Islamic penal code if all the conditions are fulfilled. So it isn't like Islam is just out there picking on just homosexuality.

So then what is wrong with Gay marriage?

19 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Ws,

If its a matter of feelings and feelings justifying different acts and that because of a feeling being present Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى should not punish people acting on it, then what about necrophilia, incest and other similar things?

Are they less bad because they have not been promoted non stop by western media in efforts to normalize it?

But what about feeling for the opposite sex? Why are they allowed to be acted on,if same sex isnt. Also it doesnt matter whether west promotes it or not. Your feelings are your feelings at the end of the day

51 minutes ago, SaniyehZahra said:

Because in Islam as in some other religions, marriage can only take place between a man and woman.

This is one way (the conclusion I have come to) of looking at things.

1. What people do in the private sphere is between them and God. AIUI Islam works on the principle of 'don't ask. don't tell'.

2. What people do in public involves either the State (if it is an Islamic one), which has to sanction such behaviour or other Muslims (if it isn't) who have to say that it is not allowed. Private acts can't remain private if they are publicised. When private acts are publicised they attract public attention and comment. Period.

In my opinion, the above approach is simple, fair and ensures that Islamic norms are maintained. This is because Islam correctly recognises that if certain behaviours are publicly displayed and accepted they become normalised and may encourage others as well.

21 hours ago, SaniyehZahra said:

Salam! I know this topic is so anoying and generic and repeated again and again. But I just don’t get why Islam has such a massive problem with homosexuality. Are there not worse things to focus on? Why do (some) muslims treat homosexuality to be the worst thing in humanity. Another thing is we KNOW gays exist. Gays exist, and it doesnt matter whether it is natural or nurtured. The feelings are there. So why is Allah punishing people for feelings that either he made them with, or feelings they cant really help with because of how they were raised

In light of Nature, and Science. Is this a good adaptation and how do you see it in light of Natural selection. 

18 minutes ago, S.M.H.A. said:

In light of Nature, and Science. Is this a good adaptation and how do you see it in light of Natural selection. 

Of course, it isn’t a “good” adaptation. But it is something that VERY few people naturally have. It is prominent in the animal kingdom as well. There have been many cases where same sex relations between animals of the same sex have taken place. But saying that homosexuality is a sin because you can’t reproduce is like saying being Ugly or mentally/physically ill is a sin, because you can’t reproduce.

Islam is all about submission to the will of Allah.

Allah has created everything with logic we may or may not know it, and have created red line to folow them

What i understand, Mariage or by virtue or love beween opposite sex a complete new generation comes into being with a perfect responsible handholding system where in father n mother take care of child. While homosexuality help nothing just lust. Assume if entire world turn homosexual how will the next generation come into play.its would be same as someone invented knife to cut vegetables and u wish to cut some ones throat using it and blame the inventor for it.

i would request u to read greater sins to increase your wisdom.

Regards

10 minutes ago, S.M.H.A. said:

How does Natural Selection works here? 

because something doesn’t work with natural selection, why is it a sin. Not just any sin, a greater sin and thus punishable .Does that mean an intersex person (who obviously cant reproduce for certain reasons ) should be punished, because nautural selection doesnt work with them

Hi because  homosexuality is a Satan act to destroy human race

قرآن کریم ۷:۸۱
-------------------
إِنَّكُمْ لَتَأْتُونَ ٱلرِّجَالَ شَهْوَةً مِّن دُونِ ٱلنِّسَآءِ ۚ بَلْ أَنتُمْ قَوْمٌ مُّسْرِفُونَ

Shakir English ترجمه
-------------------
Most surely you come to males in lust besides females; nay you are an extravagant people.

7:81  Al a araf

قرآن کریم ۲۷:۵۵
-------------------
أَئِنَّكُمْ لَتَأْتُونَ ٱلرِّجَالَ شَهْوَةً مِّن دُونِ ٱلنِّسَآءِ ۚ بَلْ أَنتُمْ قَوْمٌ تَجْهَلُونَ

Shakir English ترجمه
-------------------
What! do you indeed approach men lustfully rather than women? Nay, you are a people who act ignorantly.

An Naml  27:55

قرآن کریم ۲۴:۲۱
-------------------
۞ يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ لَا تَتَّبِعُوا۟ خُطُوَٰتِ ٱلشَّيْطَٰنِ ۚ وَمَن يَتَّبِعْ خُطُوَٰتِ ٱلشَّيْطَٰنِ فَإِنَّهُۥ يَأْمُرُ بِٱلْفَحْشَآءِ وَٱلْمُنكَرِ ۚ وَلَوْلَا فَضْلُ ٱللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَتُهُۥ مَا زَكَىٰ مِنكُم مِّنْ أَحَدٍ أَبَدًا وَلَٰكِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يُزَكِّى مَن يَشَآءُ ۗ وَٱللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

Shakir English ترجمه
-------------------
O you who believe! do not follow the footsteps of the Shaitan, and whoever follows the footsteps of the Shaitan, then surely he bids the doing of indecency and evil; and were it not for Allah's grace upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have ever been pure, but Allah purifies whom He pleases; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

Nour ( the light )24:21

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

A person with 3ql should learn from the past, especially when the incident is explained in Quran involving Nabe Lut.  Pick up the dust covered Quran in your home and read it.

Homosexuality is one of the greater sins.  We do not normalize or glamorize sin just because it is popular in this day and age.  Freqently watching Disney, Kardashans, Degrading Ellen, doesn't help your thinking process.

Trust in your Creator, He who knows what He created and what is good or bad for us.  What seems to be ABC basics of what is hallal and haram has morphed into accepting debauchery. 

Astgfor'Allah rabi wa atoob ilayak.

BTW, it doesn't help when you respond on your profile under religion, pending....

What does that mean?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Edited by Laayla

4 minutes ago, Laayla said:

Pick up the dust covered Quran in your home and read it.

I see we are Back at it with the holier than thou attitude again.

who on God’a earth do you think you are. Of course, the sister has asked an arguably stupid question. But she is simply asking a question about her faith with reasoning, something islam encourages us to do.

second of all, on what basis are you judging her? Do you know about her faith and how dusty her quran is? Do you know how she was raised? Do you know her circumstance? The answer is no. So if you aren’t going to answer her question in a respectful and decent manner, maybe you should just keep your arrogance to yourself.

^^^

I'm glad you are keeping tabs.  

Truth hurts, and I will call it out like it is, without sugar coating it.  I will not sit idle when she is trying to make homosexuality as legitimate.

You regurgitate the same spiel, "don't judge" "hollier than thou" cards, keep at it, I'm not going anywhere. :)

2 hours ago, Laayla said:

^^^

I'm glad you are keeping tabs.  

Truth hurts, and I will call it out like it is, without sugar coating it.  I will not sit idle when she is trying to make homosexuality as legitimate.

You regurgitate the same spiel, "don't judge" "hollier than thou" cards, keep at it, I'm not going anywhere. :)

She asked a QUESTION. Clearly you haven’t got an actual answer. No one is trying to make homosexuality legitimate. You just assumed that because she asked a question. Again IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN ANSWER, what are you trying to accomplish? And also shes clearly an agnostic. Bringing in her faith and belief is not going to chang anything. It’s like quoting yoda

6 minutes ago, Laayla said:

I will not sit idle when she is trying to make homosexuality as legitimat

You are making matters worse. Maybe sitting idle in your case would be the kindest and most loving thing to do. For everyone’s sanity. 

19 minutes ago, Afsaneh14 said:

She asked a QUESTION. Clearly you haven’t got an actual answer. No one is trying to make homosexuality legitimate. You just assumed that because she asked a question. Again IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN ANSWER, what are you trying to accomplish? And also shes clearly an agnostic. Bringing in her faith and belief is not going to chang anything. It’s like quoting yoda

Then I take back my salam.  Thank you for letting me know.

You said it, "not going to change anything." You know your sister better than anyone else in this forum.  Good to know for future responses.

Goodnight brother.

2 minutes ago, Laayla said:

Then I take back my salam.  Thank you for letting me know.

You said it, "not going to change anything." You know your sister better than anyone else in this forum.  Good to know for future responses.

Goodnight brother.

I think you should at least apologise. Assuming the word sorry actually does exist in your vocabulary. While i do apolgise on my side for getting quite rude,

I think you need to have a much more open mind in the sense 1) you are not God nor the most islamically qualified person  2) you don’t know who is sitting behind that screen and what they are going/ have gone through  3) you have not got an iman-o-meter  

9 minutes ago, Laayla said:

It is not necessarily about knowing the person. It’s about how you phrase your post and the content of it.

for example the “pick up the dusty quran....” can be taken to sound very judgemental and arrogant on your side (which i’m hoping wasn’t your intention)

And also, saniyeh is obviously looking for an answer catering to her- she is an agnostic. If i quoted from the Bible to you to answer a question you asked , would you be satisfied’

4 hours ago, SaniyehZahra said:

But what about feeling for the opposite sex? Why are they allowed to be acted on,if same sex isnt. Also it doesnt matter whether west promotes it or not. Your feelings are your feelings at the end of the day

You did not answer my question, start by answering mine and then I can answer yours iA, thats how a conversation goes.

I asked:

"If its a matter of feelings and feelings justifying different acts and that because of a feeling being present Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى should not punish people acting on it, then what about necrophilia, incest and other similar things?"

Edited by IbnSina

1 hour ago, Laayla said:

Goodnight brother A14, it's wonderful she has a protective brother, but unfortunately that is not enough to get an apology.

:)

Okay. I’m not a brother, and I hope you do in the future get to understand that sadly, not everyone is as exalted in iman as you are. 

And i guess the countless times you have offended with your so called “truth speaking” doesn’t need an apology

and also, using a passive aggressive smiley face emoji does not change anything

OP: Approaching this subject from a fiqhi viewpoint is like banging your head against a wall, considering you come from an agnostic/humanistic approach.

One of the main problems with homosexuality is willful ignorance of it. Ignorance isn't the problem, it's the will to keep it like that.

7 hours ago, SaniyehZahra said:

by definition, marriage can only take place between a man and a woman. and the reasons for that are many. none of those reasons apply to a gay marriage. but the primary reason for homosexuality and such a marriage being wrong is because God tells us it is wrong. 

if some day we could eliminate all the harm and dangers of eating pork, that would not make it permissible for us to eat it. as we refrain from it not because of its unhealthiness, but rather because it is a command from God.

they are not just allowed for the opposite sex. they are only allowed through marriage. and that is only because marriage is an institution which establishes the foundation of a family system, and is used to produce children. if there were no attraction between the opposite gender, and the process of reproduction wasnt quite as "fun", there would not be much of a reason to reproduce. if there were no marriage system, then you would find children being given away and having noone to look after them, as is happening in a lot of western countries where adultery is a common practice. 

What is wrong with incest marriage?

Why is it wrong for a sister and a brother to marry?

Why is it wrong for a brother and a brother to marry?

Edited by Sumerian

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:33 AM, SaniyehZahra said:

But I just don’t get why Islam has such a massive problem with homosexuality. Are there not worse things to focus on? Why do (some) muslims treat homosexuality to be the worst thing in humanity. Another thing is we KNOW gays exist. Gays exist, and it doesnt matter whether it is natural or nurtured. The feelings are there. So why is Allah punishing people for feelings that either he made them with, or feelings they cant really help with because of how they were raised

يَعْلَمُونَ ظَاهِرًا مِّنَ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَهُمْ عَنِ الْآخِرَةِ هُمْ غَافِلُونَ

They know the outward of this worldly life, but of the hereafter they are absolutely heedless. (30:7)

4 hours ago, Sumerian said:

What is wrong with incest marriage?

Why is it wrong for a sister and a brother to marry?

Why is it wrong for a brother and a brother to marry?

Salam all of them are great Sins & prohibited by Allah.because they demolish the structure of Family.

15 hours ago, Afsaneh14 said:

First of all you Need to calm down. I know laayla in person, she's the Sweetest person you can ever meet. And she could never disrespect or offend someone. I have read her posts and she didn't say anything disrespectful. It is you who is projecting her emotions, exaggerating and seeking drama attention. So stop embarrassing yourself.

On 12/16/2017 at 11:33 PM, SaniyehZahra said:

Sister, you have brought many points in your post that are debatable.

The very reason why homosexuality is attacked in islam because it is a social Disease, and if you don't treat a disease it will spread. Sayed sistani ordered once in one of his rulings that the gays should be executed. Before this ruling came out, the gays were 80-90% spreading in society, and after the enforcement of the rule they got to 5-10%.

Why do you think westerners pay billions of dollars on TV-shows, commercials, movies, advertisement in order to spread this one message? Because they know the truth just like us they know that is it spreadable.

If you place a heterosexual among gays for a year, there is a 99% chance for them to become gay. I've seen it many times before.

Now if you want to know whether this Mental problem is natural or nurtured that is another discussion entirely. But you can say that it is both, and if it's natural it Doesn't mean that the causes of it is God, not at all.

أَنَّ لِكُلِّ نَفْس مَا كَسَبَتْ , وَعَلَيْهَا مَا اكْتَسَبَتْ

''It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned''

إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَظْلِمُ النَّاسَ شَيْئًا وَلَٰكِنَّ النَّاسَ أَنفُسَهُمْ يَظْلِمُونَ

''Indeed, Allah does not wrong the people at all, but it is the people who are wronging themselves.''