Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mohammad

Music Played in House

Rate this topic

Guest Mohammad

Salam, I have a question

In Wasail al-Shia we find -

"Amir ul-Mu’minīn Imam ‘Ali (a.s.) says, “Angels do not even enter a house that has wine, drum, tambourine or a flute. Even the prayers of the inhabitants of this house are unacceptable. They are deprived of barakat.”

I don't listen to music at all and I know it's haram, but my family members play it and I ask them to stop but they don't. Does this mean my prayers are not accepted?

I know of the Quranic verse which says that no soul shall be punished for another's actions... but the hadith is very clear..

51 minutes ago, Guest Mohammad said:

Salam, I have a question

In Wasail al-Shia we find -

"Amir ul-Mu’minīn Imam ‘Ali (a.s.) says, “Angels do not even enter a house that has wine, drum, tambourine or a flute. Even the prayers of the inhabitants of this house are unacceptable. They are deprived of barakat.”

I don't listen to music at all and I know it's haram, but my family members play it and I ask them to stop but they don't. Does this mean my prayers are not accepted?

I know of the Quranic verse which says that no soul shall be punished for another's actions... but the hadith is very clear..

Salaam Alaykum

Go to other room, and pray there. I don't think there's a problem with your prays. Inshaallah it will be accepted.

Guest Mohammad

Asalam Alaikom all of you,

thanks for the answers. unfortunately I can't go into my own room as my own siblings play music there as well, even though I always ask them to stop.

Shaytaan is clearly messing with them and they don't listen to me.

What should I do?

2 hours ago, Guest Mohammad said:

Asalam Alaikom all of you,

thanks for the answers. unfortunately I can't go into my own room as my own siblings play music there as well, even though I always ask them to stop.

Shaytaan is clearly messing with them and they don't listen to me.

What should I do?

I'm was in a very similar position as you.

The best thing to do is to tell your siblings why you feel music is harram. Let them know how you have no desire to listen to it ever again,  and how it affects your prayer. Try to be logical as in why you've made this decision.

I have told my siblings and you'd be surprised that they actually respect my decision and they lower the volume whenever I pray.