Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Husayni

The Holy Messenger Muhammad (s) in the Bible

Rate this topic

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakattu,

Was the Prophet (s) really mentioned and prophesied in the books before the quran?

Why were the Jews living in Medina in the first place, were they there because the Bible said there would be a prophet emerging from that land? (Medina)

In the name of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, I ask you to watch this video. It can also really help you when debating non-Muslims.

Hate to bring it up, but the half verse he starts with says a little more than he's telling you. The NIV translation is no help when it changes tense, and words without notations.

NIV "Here is my servant, whom I uphold,  my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.

KJV "Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles."

The difference between "I will put..." and "I have put..." causes a major difference in understanding. The NIV stands alone in stating "I will..." against all other translations. Other translations mention "the nations", but with a footnote the original says Gentiles. Only the NIV stands alone in stating "nations" without further explanation. 

His deep research starts with a corrupt version of the Bible.

On 12/10/2017 at 7:20 PM, Husayni said:

Was the Prophet (s) really mentioned and prophesied in the books before the Qur'an?

John 16:7 states 

John 16:7 New International Version (NIV)

But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

I think this could be talking about the Prophet 

On 12/10/2017 at 8:20 PM, Husayni said:

Was the Prophet (s) really mentioned and prophesied in the books before the Qur'an?

https://www.quora.com/Does-the-Bible-speak-about-Prophet-Muhammad-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)/answer/Sam-Voron?ch=99&share=e5b8b6e5&srid=oCV60

Read this post

There are verses by Jesus (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) that say this

John chapter 16 verse 7 where Jesus says… “Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Christians say this is refering to holy spirit which was present before and during the life of jesus. then Christians say that he also came after the death of jesus and guided them with the same things.

My question is that this refers to Prophet Mohammed but is it true the holy spirit can come after jesus went and guide the Christians? they argue he will come to them not all mankind like Prophet Mohammed as jesus says it will tell YOU same things I have said?

help !

3 minutes ago, Noor Taleb said:

John chapter 16 verse 7

Didn’t I just post this verse replying to another post in Christianity/Judaism?? LOL

11 minutes ago, Isaam said:

Didn’t I just post this verse replying to another post in Christianity/Judaism?? LOL

SORRY I don’t GET IT

12 minutes ago, Isaam said:

ALSO please answer my question on oness of God I have quoted you

alsalamu alaykum.
Ahl Al-Bayt In The Bible
The Holy Qur'an states that the signs and features of the Holy Prophet have been mentioned in the former scriptures especially the Torah and the Gospel. Knowing the Prophet by verses in the Torah and the Gospel, Jews and Christians were waiting for his advent before his ordainment so as to overcome their enemies under his rule and attain spirituality through following him:
الَّذِينَ يَتَّبِعُونَ الرَّسُولَ النَّبِيَّ الْأُمِّيَّ الَّذِي يَجِدُونَهُ مَكْتُوباً عِنْدَهُمْ فِي التَّوْرَاةِ وَالْإِنْجِيلِ
"Those who follow the Apostle Prophet, the ummi whom they find written down with them in the Torah and the Gospel." (7:157)
In a Hadith reported from Amir al-Muminin, a Jew said to Allah’s Messenger, “I have read about your descriptions in the Torah as such - Muhammad son of Abdullah, born in Mecca, immigrates to Medina, is neither rough nor bad-tempered. I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and you are His Messenger. Here is my wealth. Spend it as Allah orders.”
Al-Amali by Shaykh al-Saduq: 465, H. 6
Speaking of the Holy Prophet, Jesus Christ ((عليه السلام)) has said:
وَإِذْ قَالَ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللّاهِ إِلَيْكُمْ مُصَدِّقاً لِمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيَّ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَمُبَشِّراً بِرَسُولٍ يَأْتِي مِنْ بَعْدِي اسْمُهُ أَحْمَدُ
"And when Jesus son of Maryam said: O Children of Israel! Surely I am the apostle of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the torah and giving the good news of Apostle who will come after me, his name being Ahmad." (61:6)
Jesus Christ and Paraclete
The Gospel According to John
In the Chapters 14-16 of the Gospel according to John, Jesus ((عليه السلام).) gives the good news of a person coming after him by the name of Paraclete whom he calls master of the world and his religion existing forever. In 14:16 of the same, Jesus ((عليه السلام).) says:
"And I will beg the Father, and he will give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever."
In verse 15:26, Jesus ((عليه السلام)) says:
"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes forth from with the Father, ‘he’ shall bear witness concerning me."
The word Paraclete in Syriac means praiseworthy which is translated into Arabic as Muhammad and Ahmad.
The Book of Enoch (Andreas)
In the Book of Enoch, good news have been given about the Holy Prophet of Islam by the name of Paraclete along with the manes of Ali, Fatimah, Hasan and Husayn called as the axis and the aim of universe. Enoch used to live in Babylon. One day while he was in the temple, he received revelation of God. He then told his companions the following story:
One day, there was a dispute between the children and grand children of Adam as to who the superior creature is. Some of them said, “Our father Adam whom God created with His hand and blew His spirit into him, made all the angels prostrate before him, made him the teacher of angels, granted him the vicegerency on the Earth and made other being obedient to him, was the superior creature.” Another group said, “Angels are superior to our father Adam for the former never rebelled against God whereas Adam disobeyed His command hence he and his wife were driven out of heaven. At most, God had mercy on them, accepted his repentance and promised heaven to his believing children.”
Some others said, “The superior creature is Archangel Gabriel who is the trustworthy of the Lord of the worlds.” The dispute was so hot that they brought it up with Adam. Addressing his children, Adam said, “Lend me your ears so that I will tell you who the superior creatures are. When God created me and blew into my body of His spirit so that I was settled, I saw the Divine Throne with five illuminated shadows whose light, glory, and beauty amazed me. I asked, “O Lord, who are these glorious lights?” God said, “These are My superior creatures as well as mediators between Me and My creatures. Were it not for their sake, I would not have created you, the heavens, the Earth, Paradise, Hellfire, the sun, and the moon.”
I said, “O Lord! What are their names?” God answered, “Look at the shank of the Throne.” When I did, I saw these five holy names: Paraclete (Muhammad) Elia (Ali), Titeh (Fatimah), Sheppar (Hasan), and Shoppair (Husayn). There was also an inscription reading: O My creatures! Glorify Me for there is no God save Me and Muhammad is My Messenger.”
Source URL:
https://www.al-Islam.org/ahl-al-bayt-celestial-beings-Earth-allama-husayn-ansariyan

Ahadith plays a key role in associating and rejecting. It's not always about context.

If you read all of John 16 you'll realize two things. First off, Jesus is speaking to His disciples, not the general public, and secondly, the comforter was to come to them. 600 years is a bit late.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:42 AM, Son of Placid said:

First off, Jesus is speaking to His disciples, not the general public, and secondly, the comforter was to come to them. 600 years is a bit late.

Hi SoP

That could be the approach of those who reject the prophethood of Muhammad.

Not many - but there are a few Christian scholars today who see Muhammad in a positive light.

Their problem often lay in Islamic history relating somewhat unwholesome stories of the Prophet.

But they have discovered that there are multiple versions of such events and combining that with the unblemished character of his successors, such as Imam Ali and the Prophet's grandsons Imam Hasan and Imam Hussain, they find good reason to doubt those stories.

The argument goes as follows - if Ali, Hasan and Hussain regarded Muhammad as their Prophet and if these three were so very much without blemish, the unwholesome stories about Muhammad must have been invented by detractors, who bore the garb of Muslims - wolves in the lambs' clothes.

That is the impression I have come to in my study of their writings.  

The British-American scholar Lesley Hazleton thinks that the reason why Muhammad did not fit into the "paraclete" overall was because the "paraclete" was expected to have a son, and not a daughter.

Be that as may, even if Jesus was referring to someone else when he talked about the paraclete, he may well have mentioned Muhammad in other statements, which his audience did not fully understand and have therefore not been recorded.

After all, none of the gospels, among the four that form part of NT, or those that don't, contain every single detail of Jesus' short life.  

On 9/29/2019 at 1:57 AM, baqar said:

Hi SoP

That could be the approach of those who reject the prophethood of Muhammad.

Not many - but there are a few Christian scholars today who see Muhammad in a positive light.

Their problem often lay in Islamic history relating somewhat unwholesome stories of the Prophet.

But they have discovered that there are multiple versions of such events and combining that with the unblemished character of his successors, such as Imam Ali and the Prophet's grandsons Imam Hasan and Imam Hussain, they find good reason to doubt those stories.

The argument goes as follows - if Ali, Hasan and Hussain regarded Muhammad as their Prophet and if these three were so very much without blemish, the unwholesome stories about Muhammad must have been invented by detractors, who bore the garb of Muslims - wolves in the lambs' clothes.

That is the impression I have come to in my study of their writings.  

The British-American scholar Lesley Hazleton thinks that the reason why Muhammad did not fit into the "paraclete" overall was because the "paraclete" was expected to have a son, and not a daughter.

Be that as may, even if Jesus was referring to someone else when he talked about the paraclete, he may well have mentioned Muhammad in other statements, which his audience did not fully understand and have therefore not been recorded.

After all, none of the gospels, among the four that form part of NT, or those that don't, contain every single detail of Jesus' short life.  

Hi Baqar, good to see you.

Actually, it's been my understanding and not to reject Muhammad as a Prophet, but because it's been misused already. 

Evangelicals spend a lot of time trying to make disciples out of people. I should know, I did years of workshops. It's quite evident I'm just a Christian. 

Jesus didn't make disciples out of everyone He met, even when they became believers. He chose twelve. They were chosen to follow Him, witness Him, and record stuff. They were gathered to receive the Holy Spirit. The first meaning of "paraclete" is helper. I think there's been a lot more written into it than's been written. They went out, they built churches, they taught people how to be Christians, not disciples. Evangelicals want to make missionaries. I do know and have known a few, but don't know any who were actually "filled with the Spirit". Not to say the Holy Spirit doesn't help people, but it's through the works of angels. I haven't met anyone who attests to being "filled with the spirit" who can prove it. Paul taught to test spirits to see if they are from God, and quite frankly, most are not.

All this belittles the Holy Spirit of God.  

37 minutes ago, Ali883 said:

Why should I be?

Because it makes no sense. Why would Allah reference the 12 Imams and leave Sayyed Al-Aimmah Mohammed (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) out of the equation?

Who said that He did? Aren't the references sited before proof that He mentioned our Prophet? Besides, why do we call ourselves Twelvers? Also note the word in the translations, "rulers" and "princes". Prophet Mohammed ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) is not merely a prince, nor a ruler, he was bigger than that and therefore cannot be equated on the same level of importance as our 12 Imams (pbut).