ejROkIg.png

Salam aleykum,

I have heard from different hadiths that the earth/dust of Karbala cures every aliment except deadly ones and I do believe that every earth/place has its own energy which affects the people living there.

Well, I had an idea in mind and I wanted to see if its advisable or something that should be refrained from. I think all of my turbahs are from Karbala soil and after I have used them for some time they get dirty, I usually take a knife and scrape off the dirty top layer of the turbah, the "dirty" layer is still mixed with large amounts of Karbala soil.

So I was thinking: is it allowed to mix this earth with planting earth in a pot and then for example grow herbs or vegetables from that mixed earth? That way the fruit of such earth is grown on/from Karbala soil and should contain the blessings of it the way I see it.

Is it okay to do this and has anyone done it before/know if the fruits has the benefits of the earth?

According to scholars, Karbala is heaven on Earth, and some even say it was heaven on Earth before Imam Hussain's (a) martrydom. (Maybe this is because there is a famous opinion that Maryam gave birth to nabi Isa (peace be upon them) at Karbala). So in my opinion eating fruits or plants grown out of this soil you have will be filled with blessings and rizk (sustenance).

Also, there is a belief (which I'm not too sure ALL shias follow) that says everything is halal until proven haram. Wahhabis believe the opposite.

كُلُّ مَا كَانَ فِيهِ حَلَالٌ وَ حَرَامٌ فَهُوَ لَكَ حَلَالٌ حَتَّى تَعْرِفَ الْحَرَامَ بِعَيْنِهِ فَتَدَعَهُ‏

"Everything in which there is halaal and haraam, it is halaal for you, until you see (proof) that you know it is haraam, then leave it."

• Source:
  • Al-Kulayni, Al Kafi, vol. 6, pg. 339, hadith #1 (Cant find chain of narrators, but there are similar hadiths to this that are reliable)
Edited by Hussaini624

On 12/10/2017 at 4:00 PM, IbnSina said:

So I was thinking: is it allowed to mix this earth with planting earth in a pot and then for example grow herbs or vegetables from that mixed earth? That way the fruit of such earth is grown on/from Karbala soil and should contain the blessings of it the way I see it.

Salam. That is an excellent thing to do. However, if the potted plant dies in the future, do not throw the whole thing in the trash. Remove the dead plant and shake off all the dirt from the roots and from the pot and transfer the dirt to an outdoor garden area or farm. Of course throw the dead plant in the trash. You can wash the pot and reuse to help the environment.