Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I'm depressed

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

http://www.duas.org/worries.htm

54) His Supplication for the Removal of Worries

(54) وَ كَانَ مِنْ دُعَائِهِ عَلَيْهِ السَّلَامُ فِي اسْتِكْشَافِ الْهُمُومِ

https://www.al-islam.org/sahifa-al-kamilah-sajjadiyya-imam-zain-ul-abideen/54-his-supplication-removal-worries

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

We have very friendly users who might be able to help you, although still you should try your best to seek professional help.

Participate in discussions that take place within this club, and I'm sure many can help you.

After 25 posts I think you can join this club.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, RosesandAsh said:

i'm so depressed and i don't know what to do.

i can't stop crying.

does anyone have any dua that can help me?

what should i do? i cannot seek professional help nor do i have anyone at all to talk to.

I agree @ali_fatheroforphans Please try your hardest to seek professional help. If not, yoi just need some way to vent out your feelings. Letting them build up makes everything so much worse. Here is some things that i hope help : )

1) talk to anyone willing to listen. Maybe you can start off small. Try writing a diary about how you are feeling, or talk to us even 

2) it is so much easier said than done but try to do some rigorous exercise like running or rowing

3) take a looooooong shower/bath

4) eat fruits. Blueberries have been proven to be very good fir depression

5) keep your faith in Allah. He is testing you, and Allah only tests us with what we can bear. He has more faith in you than you have in your self

take care sister, hope Allah gives you Shifa soon 

5 hours ago, RosesandAsh said:

i can't stop crying.

what should i do? i cannot seek professional help nor do i have anyone at all to talk to.

Salaam Alaykum

This situation happens to anyone. You're not alone in this matter.

I don't think that doing dua can help you TBH. I think you need to work on your body rather than your spirit. Exercise, meeting good people, talking with family, walking along the lake, watching inspirational videos can help you to be up again.

Please remember when you got rid of this situation, you need to pray at prime time( after Azaan) and avoid sins in order to get rid of depression forever.

• Advanced Member

Pray to Imam e zamana(atfs) inshallah imam will help.

Namaz Isteghasah Imam e Asr (a.s.)

https://www.duas.org/imamezaman/isteghasa.htm

also, i have tried the below dua many times and alhamdolillah its never gone unanswered(however i dont use it unless its a matter of life n death)

http://duas.org/kadooka.htm

(there is statement in this dua.,

My god when i did not beseech you, you gave me. )

Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى gives Us when we dont ask, so will he not give when we request.

Have trust and pray.

Read this ayat a lot

Wa ufawwizu amree illallah innallaaha baseerum bil ibaad

I entrust my affair to Allah verily, Allah keeps an eye on his servants.

regards

• Forum Administrators
On 12/9/2017 at 4:25 AM, RosesandAsh said:

i can't stop crying.

Salam, Sister. The other members replied with good advice. Push out the thoughts in your head that your life is horrible. Everyone has problems and we have to face them one by one. Please remember that you are never alone because Allah is always there with you. When you cry, remember Allah and ask for His help. Take care of yourself physically (eat healthy, walk or exercise, sleep enough, destress) to get into a routine of being good to yourself. Smile, even a fake smile. The smile you put on your face makes you feel better for a moment and when you tell yourself some positive statements (I'm okay, I can get through this, I can succeed, etc.) your smile will reinforce that. I know that life is hard, but tell yourself that life is good, because I know that things will get better, inShaAllah. We are here for you. Allah bless you. 

• Advanced Member

I recently suffered with depression and anxiety and it was crippling. I had gone through some very , very difficult periods in my life, one after the other and i guess at the worst possible time which led to my condition. My personality changed, and i wasn't the person i know i am. If you're at school, or university, or even in the community, can you not seek out a councillor ?  I also think it might be wise to go and see a doctor , and they might start you in a low dose SSRI if its appropriate.  I know you have said you can't do any of these things, but it is worth investigating whether it is possible and trying your hardest to get help.

Find someone you can trust of the same gender, and talk to them, but not everyone is appropriate for this purpose. Open up to any family member you know you can trust, but ideally a psychotherapist or councillor would do the job. You might not actually have depression, but just a form of difficult period in your life, but Allah knows best and i am making Dua for you.

It is really tough and you will inshAllah get through this.

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Laayla said:

@Intellectual Resistance

How long did it take to get out of depression?  What steps did you take to remove yourself from this condition?

Who helped you when you were depressed?  Did religion play a factor in becoming better?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Asalamualaykum,

I had a mix of depression, anxiety, and a physical illness.

While i definitely made Dua, and tried to seek the help of Allah, the Almighty, there are means he has made. I found the greatest help in counselling by a psychotherapist i was able to get along with very well, and Allah helped me through this individual. I was able to rationalise my problem this way, using an EMDR machine, and over time be able to slowly take back control of my life. This was combined with a low dose SSRI. A lot of Dua and seeking appropriate courses of action are what helped me. However everyone is different, i can't say for sure if someone is actually depressed, and depression itself is on a spectrum. I also found that deep breathing meditation helps particularly if it is combined with anxiety. Now that i have become better, i feel religion plays a stronger role in keeping me where i am.

• Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum Intellectual Resistance

Alhamd'Allah for everything.  Thank you for explaining your past. 

How long were you depressed brother? Do you think as you get older it is much more difficult to remove or get out of depression and anxiety?

• Veteran Member

Repeating the zikr below 100 times a day is effective in overcoming the griefs:

لا حول و لا قوه الا بالله

Also say this zikr in roku or qonut of your prayers or at other times:

اللهم سرحنی عن الهموم و الغموم و وحشت الصدر و وسواس الشیطان

Transliteration: Allahomma sarrehni anel homum-e wal qomum* wa wah-shat-essadr wa waswas-eshaytan

Translation: o Allah save me from griefs and fear and whispers of satan.

*q in qomum is pronounced somewhat in the same way as r in french word "sortir"

• Advanced Member
On 12/25/2017 at 2:32 AM, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum Intellectual Resistance

Alhamd'Allah for everything.  Thank you for explaining your past. 

How long were you depressed brother? Do you think as you get older it is much more difficult to remove or get out of depression and anxiety?

It's hard to put a timeframe on these things because it can come insidiously and leave insidiously. Maybe about a year. I'm not sure whether or not age can make a difference given it happened for one particular period of my life. 

I think that there is no doubt being grounded in faith is essential, but sometimes life can completely blindside you and leave you questioning who you are, and somehow separate you from the protective shields that had previously defined you.

• 3 months later...
  • Forum Administrators
On 12/9/2017 at 4:25 AM, RosesandAsh said:

Sister, how are you doing now? Are you feeling better these days? Praying for you. :cuddle: