Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
restinpain

Is Islam Pagan? Kaaba built when?

Rate this topic

How do you debunk the claim that the kaaba is pagan and the word "Allah" was used pre-Islam and with pagans?

If anyone can link me shia sources debunking these claims I will appreciate it since I had discussed this with non-muslim friends and do not know how to answer them when they ask about it. 

[Mod Note: Link to a banned website was removed.]

Edited by Hameedeh
Mod Note

2 hours ago, restinpain said:

How do you debunk the claim that the kaaba is pagan and the word "Allah" was used pre-Islam and with pagans?

Salam. The reason that Allah SWT created all the prophets, may Allah bless them, was to guide Allah's creatures to worship of the One God.  Obviously the pagans did not believe in any of Allah's prophets. We read in the Holy Qur'an:

And those who disbelieve say: You are not a messenger. Say: Allah is sufficient as a witness between me and you and whoever has knowledge of the Book. [Holy Qur'an 13:43]

Alif Lam Ra. (This is) a Book which We have revealed to you that you may bring forth men, by their Lord's permission from utter darkness into light-- to the way of the Mighty, the Praised One, [Holy Qur'an 14: 1]

Allah (is) the One to Him (belongs) whatever (is) in the heavens and whatever (is) in the earth. And woe to the disbelievers from the punishment severe. [Holy Qur'an 14: 2]

2 hours ago, restinpain said:

I had discussed this with non-muslim friends and do not know how to answer them when they ask about it. 

Your friends are not really friendly. If they were real friends they would allow you to observe your religion as you want, without trying to put doubts in your mind about your religion. 

14 hours ago, restinpain said:

If anyone can link me shia sources debunking these claims I will appreciate it since I had discussed this with non-muslim friends and do not know how to answer them when they ask about it. 

[Mod Note: Link to a banned website was removed.]

The Kaaba was used by pagans, but according to our beliefs it was originally built for the sake of God, and was turned into a site of pagan worship. I'm not sure this can be 'proved' to a non-believer though, and to be honest, I don't think it's man issue worth discussing. Nobody's decision to convert to Islam is going to hinge on this. It's just a way of trying to cause confusion.

As for the name Allah, it was used by pagans before Islam, as the Qur'an makes clear, but I'm not sure why that would be problematic, since Allah was acknowledged to be the creator of the universe.

1 hour ago, alidu78 said:

Why did you share this? 

To show how Wahabist & Zionist are trying to destroy Mecca by claiming false ideas & by name of modernization destroy holiness of Mecca & replace Jerusalem instead of it.