Guest silasun

World Cup 2018!

Rate this topic

Isn't it interesting how 9 of these 11 players play in foreign leagues? The team is even more stacked with legionnaires than in the last World Cup.

Edited by Shaykh Patience101

On 2/20/2018 at 10:21 PM, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Too old and slow. Might have an impact as a sub, but I'd consider bringing on both Kaveh Rezaei and Ansarifard before I turned to Gucci (based on recent form).

Can't really see him starting over either of Taremi or Azmoun. He was past his prime even before the '14 World Cup.

I won't argue with you on the first point but the last point?? Come on, he was amazing for both the 2014 WCQ and the WC finals.

On 2/20/2018 at 10:23 PM, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Isn't it interesting how 9 of these 11 players play in foreign leagues? The team is even more stacked with legionnaires than in the last World Cup.

Yeah but how many of those 9 are playing in UAE league? That doesn't count, in my opinion. UAE league is just a place for Iranian players to play the same level of football but with beaucoup money.

On 2/21/2018 at 12:20 AM, baradar_jackson said:

I won't argue with you on the first point but the last point?? Come on, he was amazing for both the 2014 WCQ and the WC finals.

I think his real prime was 2-3 years before the World Cup.

His goal against Korea is still a great memory, but I can't remember him having an impact on the Finals themselves (did he score the one goal?). Might just be the 4 long years doing this to me.

On 2/21/2018 at 12:20 AM, baradar_jackson said:

Yeah but how many of those 9 are playing in UAE league? That doesn't count, in my opinion. UAE league is just a place for Iranian players to play the same level of football but with beaucoup money.

True, Taremi and Pouraliganji are playing in Qatar, but both are more than capable of playing elsewhere. Taremi especially is at least playing somewhere before the WC, after sitting out a 6 month FIFA ban for walking out of a transfer with a Turkish club. 

But Ansarifard, Ghoddos, Jahanbaksh, and Rezaei are all at or near the top of the leading scorer charts in their European leagues (Greece, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Belgium respectively). Might not be the best leagues in the world, but others like Azmoun and maybe Dejagah could've legitimately been starting for Everton right now had they transferred (which Azmoun didn't out of a desire to stay in Russia before the World Cup). Mohammadi and Ezatolahi are in the same way, if nothing else, acclimatized to playing in Russia because they play in the first division over there.

On 2/20/2018 at 8:02 PM, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Thoughts on this Starting 11 for Iran?

15191785228891916548971.thumb.jpg.ff2584d54a768752a3a29c33ae90e301.jpg

Lol Sayed Jalal didn't even make the squad.

Looks more like this now:

Azmoun

Taremi -- Dejagah -- Jahanbaksh

Hajsafi -- Ezatolahi

Mohammadi -- Pouraliganji -- Majid Hosseini -- Rezaeian

Beiranvand

1 hour ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Lol Sayed Jalal didn't even make the squad.

Salam the list is not finalized yet it will be announce next week InshaAllah.

Has anyone gotten jerseys yet?

@baradar_jackson Do you know of any place selling Iranian kits to poor Westerners like me, now that they've been released? Adidas.co.iran on Instagram seems like the closest to the real thing.

Guest silasun
35 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Has anyone gotten jerseys yet?

@baradar_jackson Do you know of any place selling Iranian kits to poor Westerners like me, now that they've been released? Adidas.co.iran on Instagram seems like the closest to the real thing.

Nice move, lad.

I'm probably going to wait till after WC to get a cut-price shirt.

Either my boi J Lings (Lingaard init) when we light up the globe and get to the semis... or muballigh of the year Mohammed Salah

Manchester United star Paul Pogba performs Umrah in Ramadan / Video

May 22, 2018 - 7:32 PM News Code : 894535 Source : About IslamLink:   

Manchester United star Paul Pogba has posted a video showing himself performing Umrah in the holy city of Makkah to mark the start of the holy month of Ramadan. 

http://en.abna24.com/news/europe/manchester-united-star-paul-pogba-performs-umrah-in-ramadan-video_894535.html

13 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

? Adidas.co.iran

So Adidas is the kit supplier of Iran as well as israel?! Argh well

28 minutes ago, Mzwakhe said:

So Adidas is the kit supplier of Iran as well as israel?! Argh well

Salam, unfortunately It is suppliers of Israel too, all of soccer society were against it but federation don't pay attention to their comments & at least made contract with it. :furious:

On 5/22/2018 at 9:45 AM, silasun said:

Nice move, lad.

I'm probably going to wait till after WC to get a cut-price shirt.

Either my boi J Lings (Lingaard init) when we light up the globe and get to the semis... or muballigh of the year Mohammed Salah

I should ban you for cramming that much British slang into one post.

'Supplier' is too strong of a word. They waited until a month before the World Cup to release the designs and aren't even retailing it. The Instagram page is a German knock-off of the real product.

Hamas prisoners not allowed to watch FIFA World Cup matches: Israeli minister

May 28, 2018 - 5:42 PM News Code : 895293 Source : MEELink: 

Hamas prisoners not allowed to watch FIFA World Cup matches: Israeli minister  

Israeli Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan said on Sunday he is seeking to ban Palestinian prisoners who are members of Hamas from watching the upcoming World Cup. 

http://en.abna24.com/news/middle-east/hamas-prisoners-not-allowed-to-watch-fifa-world-cup-matches-israeli-minister_895293.html

On 6/2/2018 at 2:40 AM, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Starting 11?

20180601_183419.jpg

• How does one get on to this team? Iranian football team:pushup2:

On 6/4/2018 at 7:47 AM, Mzwakhe said:

707299557_images(13).jpg.0f50756486763345d98b53549d4bb025.jpg

So is IRI sleeping with the devil? One Eye?! All seeing eye?!

Adidas supports israel, why would Iran want to be on the same bed with things that support satanic israel?!

Personally i love adidas, a good brand, yet one has to understand who they are

It was against will of soccer society of Iran, all opinions were against it but some people for their financial  benefits made deal with them.

Also as I know Nike  doesn't provide boots for Team Melli with excuse of sanctions of Trump against Iran as what Samsung did in last Asian games although  both of them have branches in Iran Major cities but who cares which only hope & max goal of Iran is going to 1/16 InshaAllah. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rferl.org/amp/29278313.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt.com/sport/429061-iran-nike-boots-trump-sanctions/amp/

45 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

opinions

What if these brands are made with a bit of pig skin, it does affect spirituality. It is an opinion, maybe believers should make their own quality playing tools that are made with halal materials.

4 minutes ago, Mzwakhe said:

What if these brands are made with a bit of pig skin, it does affect spirituality. It is an opinion, maybe believers should make their own quality playing tools that are made with halal materials.

It is very good but we don't have a  mass Islamic sportwear provider which rich muslim countries never tried it & all muslim countries prefer to buy from these brands even if it produces in muslim countries such as Pakistan & Turkey  it will be labeld with their brands.