Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Montezer

What makes Pork haram exactly?

Rate this topic

Salaam brothers and sisters

I have been debating with my friend lately as to why we don't eat Pork and meat that hasn't been slaughtered in the halal way. I showed him a lot of the reasons and scientific evidence out there, many which I got from the ShiaChat itself. However in the end he ended up saying that eating Pork or non halal meat hasn't ever negatively effected him or his family and friends. He continues to explain that his grandfather who's 70 is very healthy and fit, as well as how healthy he is (which is all true). 

So in that regard I unfortunately didn't know how to respond, so I was wondering, are there any other reasons out there? I really want to understand this myself to be honest. I also know that, even if Pork was supposedly healthy, we still wouldn't eat it because it doesn't have a neck.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Montezer said:

I really want to understand this myself to be honest. I also know that, even if Pork was supposedly healthy, we still wouldn't eat it because it doesn't have a neck.

Salam. Of course pigs have a neck (cervical vertebrae), but it is difficult to see because of their fat layer. Pork is not a healthy food. Just google the words medical problems from eating pork and there are so many dangers:  

Trichinosis or trichinellosis

Taenia solium tapeworm

Hepatitis E virus (HEV) 

Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome, aka blue-ear pig disease

Nipah virus

Menangle virus

Viruses in the family Paramyxoviridae

Not to mention the artery-clogging cholesterol and saturated fat that can increase your chances of developing deadly diseases such as heart disease, arthritis, and impotence.