Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
notme

Trump ordered Flynn to contact Russia

Rate this topic

Would such an impeachment drive out the entire US Administration or would Mike Pence become Vice President? Mike Pence scares me a little because to me he represents the Neoconservative wing of his party.  

On 12/1/2017 at 2:46 PM, Mohamed1993 said:

I don't think there many good alternatives in Washington, the neoliberals talk with a politically correct tone, but believe it or not they are the same warmongering, corrupt, corporate stooges. 

I agree, but holding one accountable is a start.

23 hours ago, Wholehearted Shi'a said:

Would such an impeachment drive out the entire US Administration or would Mike Pence become Vice President? Mike Pence scares me a little because to me he represents the Neoconservative wing of his party.  

There is no precedent, but if Trump's electron is invalid, Pence's would be too, since they ran together. Paul Ryan would be next in line, and he's pretty awful, maybe even worse than Trump or Pence politically, though probably less of an international embarrassment. If Ryan was complicit in election meddling, next in line is Orrin Hatch, from Utah. I don't know much about Hatch. 

hi from beginning it says that Russia has a great influence on Mr.Trump & beside that Conservative Zionist channels on YouTube make prediction that his actions hasten the reappearance of Jesus(Messiah) for them.

I don't really see the big deal. How many people around the world have been elected with far more support from the USA than a bunch of fake tweets and leaked emails? In fact, the Americans helped Yeltsin get elected in Russia: https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-meddling-in-1996-russian-elections-in-support-of-boris-yeltsin/5568288

Is anyone really naive enough to think the Russians are the only ones playing these games?

9 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

Is anyone really naive enough to think the Russians are the only ones playing these games?

No, but with proof, action can be taken, if only the people who can are willing. 

2 minutes ago, notme said:

No, but with proof, action can be taken, if only the people who can are willing. 

But what was done exactly? Nobody rigged anything. People took part in a free election. They weren't forced to vote one way or the other, and their votes were accurately tallied. I don't see where the moral outrage is coming from. The fact that dumb people are so easily misled is a problem with democracy itself.

1 minute ago, Haydar Husayn said:

But what was done exactly? Nobody rigged anything. People took part in a free election. They weren't forced to vote one way or the other, and their votes were accurately tallied. I don't see where the moral outrage is coming from. The fact that dumb people are so easily misled is a problem with democracy itself.

It's illegal to use financial influence to buy the election. It's contrary to the ideals of democracy. They don't represent the population, they represent their rich donors. If those rich donors are a foreign government, how is that not treason? 

l think, so far, that all this is a "tempest in a teapot".

Combining TV comments, "the Logan Act has never been prosecuted" or "successively prosecuted".

Trump was President-elect a year ago. lf he wanted to initiated a talking relationship with the diplomatic community, it is either "so be it" or "good for him".

Reagan talked to the lranians before the 1980 General Election. The Hostage Crisis.

Nixon connived behind the scenes over Vietnam before the 1968 General Election.

Kennedy knowingly weaken US foreign policy by falsely claiming a "bomber gap" during the 1960 campaign.

Flynn's self-inflicted problem is he didn't register as a foreign lobbyist for Turkey.

37 minutes ago, notme said:

It's illegal to use financial influence to buy the election. It's contrary to the ideals of democracy. They don't represent the population, they represent their rich donors.

Wouldn't this imply that every election is bought? When was the last time anyone got elected without massive amount of financial and media support from big donors?

2 hours ago, Haydar Husayn said:

Wouldn't this imply that every election is bought? When was the last time anyone got elected without massive amount of financial and media support from big donors?

Until recently there was a limit to the amount any individual could contribute to a campaign. 2012 was the first election after the rules had changed and 2016 was the first presidential election without an incumbent under the new campaign finance law. Billions of dollars were spent by "anonymous donors". In past elections, there was transparency in addition to limits. 

56 minutes ago, Laayla said:

Trump anyday than Hillary LA

You don't know what you are talking about. I would have taken Sanders any time of the day over Trump or Clinton, those two are both warhawks. At least I voted for Imam Mahdi (afts)

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

Trump confessed on Twitter to obstruction of justice.

His confession is probably a lie, but he's incriminated himself. Definitely obstruction of justice is an impeachable offense. 

No doubt he has obstructed justice. His tweet, however, is most likely a lie in this case.

1 hour ago, Laayla said:

Trump anyday than Hillary LA

No. Clinton would have been more of the same. Trump is a hundred times worse. They are both evil. Sanders won the Democratic primary and should have been the Democratic party candidate. He would have won. I doubt he would have been able to move forward much with an unfriendly Congress, but at least we wouldn't have moved backwards so much. The United States is very close to becoming a third world country now. I'm not sure the trajectory can be reversed. 

We Have A Correction:

"ABC News Suspends Top Journalist Over lnaccurate Flynn Reporting" , 02Dec17

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-abc/abc-news-suspends-top-journalist-over-inaccurate-flynn-reporting-idUSKBN1DW0RY?il=0 

Brian Ross reported -as did several other news outlets followed his mis-reporting- that Flynn was preparing to testify "that Trump directed him to make contact with Russians when he was a presidential candidate." lm Reality, Trump "had assigned Flynn and a 'small group of senior advisors' to find ways to improve relations with Russia and other hot spots during the presidential campaign."  [underline added -ed.]

I believe the 'imperial liberal media' (for the lack of a better term) is misleading...making people believe that Trump's order to contact Russia is related to his election victory. In fact Trump ordered Flynn to contact Russia only after he won the election and the reasons- talking about the Syrian war and the possible Russian sanctions in retaliation to Obama's sanctions on Russia.