Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem! Alaikum Salaam Brothers And Sisters, I Was Just Wondering I've Seen A Few Of The Shia Brothers In Vids Etc Wearing A Black Overthrow Style Robe They Wear Over The Normal Thobes And I Was Wondering If Someone Could Tell Me The Name Of Them? I Included The Photo Below To Show What Im Meaning, And To Avoid Confusion, I Appreciate Any And All Help, May Allah Reward You All! Salaam Alaikum! Allahumma Salli Ala Muhammad Wa Ala Ali Muhammad!stock-vector-shia-salah-prayer-shia-nama

13 hours ago, Abeel_Ali_Muhammad said:

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem! Alaikum Salaam Brothers And Sisters, I Was Just Wondering I've Seen A Few Of The Shia Brothers In Vids Etc Wearing A Black Overthrow Style Robe They Wear Over The Normal Thobes And I Was Wondering If Someone Could Tell Me The Name Of Them? I Included The Photo Below To Show What Im Meaning, And To Avoid Confusion, I Appreciate Any And All Help, May Allah Reward You All! Salaam Alaikum! Allahumma Salli Ala Muhammad Wa Ala Ali Muhammad!stock-vector-shia-salah-prayer-shia-nama

The outer black robe is called ABAA .

Edited by skyweb1987

Guest Muntazar Almutazili

I was wondering the same! Actually Ive seen many clergyman who wears this kind of Robe and I want to know the name of Complete Dress 

Its hard to find a plain simple abaa. Online searches, at least United Kingdom, I only found ones with the outter golden linings, as worn by Saudi "royalty" or Wahabi clerics

3e0135fc8f18ff889e00f87646f84fdd.jpg

Interesting though how in Persian they refer to it by the classical Arabic word Abaa.

Whilst in modern standard Arabic, it is Bisht, theorised to be derived by Persian name for back, posht, as it is worn over the back.

50 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Its hard to find a plain simple abaa. Online searches, at least United Kingdom, I only found ones with the outter golden linings, as worn by Saudi "royalty" or Wahabi clerics

3e0135fc8f18ff889e00f87646f84fdd.jpg

Interesting though how in Persian they refer to it by the classical Arabic word Abaa.

Whilst in modern standard Arabic, it is Bisht, theorised to be derived by Persian name for back, posht, as it is worn over the back.

Nah, they sell them online. Let me find the link, they were £25 I think. They are quite thin I think, no Araby trimmings.