Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rimsha

ANYONE HERE

Rate this question

Question

Guest Rimsha

How many people on this site offer namaz just when azan is given. How do u manage it .I find it quite difficult .If i wait for azan many things will remain undone eg . If i have gone to shop .and it is 12pm and zuhr is at 12.30.in this case am i supposed to finish my shopping or leave it nd go home .How do u ppl manage things..i am just giving examples ...i go at 3pm to my relatives house .magrib is at 5.30..i always prefer to offer namaz at home  ..At 5.30i leave is it ok? ..we leave for picnic at 10a.m ..distance is 2hrs ...we leave place at 5pm magrib is at 5.30 ..so we offer magrib at home at 7pm..is it ok? ..i am in class ..it finishes at 3pm ..zuhr is at 12.30..so i offer it at 3.30 pm..is it ok?? ..how how how do u manage things

14 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Guest Rimsha said:

How many people on this site offer namaz just when azan is given. How do u manage it .I find it quite difficult .

Salam. Yes, if you are shopping, working or going to class, you can offer your prayers when you get home. If your Dhuhr (Zuhr) prayer is at 12:30 pm, you can pray it at 3:30 pm, no problem. Just make sure to pray Zuhr and Asr before sunset. If your maghrib is at 5:30 pm, you can pray Maghrib prayer at 7:00 pm when you get home, no problem. Just make sure to pray Maghrib and Isha prayer before midnight. 

Guest Rimsha
3 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Salam. Yes, if you are shopping, working or going to class, you can offer your prayers when you get home. If your Dhuhr (Zuhr) prayer is at 12:30 pm, you can pray it at 3:30 pm, no problem. Just make sure to pray Zuhr and Asr before sunset. If your maghrib is at 5:30 pm, you can pray Maghrib prayer at 7:00 pm when you get home, no problem. Just make sure to pray Maghrib and Isha prayer before midnight. 

But isn't it that we have to offer namaz at earliest time. Nothing should come between salat . We should leave everything and offer prayer . How is it possible  . And our imams have said don't show neglegence in prayers which means offer at earliest hour . What do u people do ?

11 hours ago, Guest Rimsha said:

But isn't it that we have to offer namaz at earliest time. Nothing should come between salat . We should leave everything and offer prayer . How is it possible  . And our imams have said don't show neglegence in prayers which means offer at earliest hour . What do u people do ?

Salam. It is good to pray before your prayer becomes late.

It is better to pray within the time period allowed for the five daily prayers.

1. For Fajr prayer the allowed time period is from azan to sunrise.

2. For Zuhr prayer the allowed time period is from the Zuhr azan until 4 minutes before sunset, because those last four minutes are the time when your Asr prayer can be offered.

3. For Asr prayer the allowed time period is after you prayed Zuhr or after the Asr azan until sunset.

4. For Maghrib the allowed time period is from Maghrib azan until 4 minutes before shar'i midnight, because those last four minutes are the time when your Isha prayer can be offered.

5. For Isha prayer the allowed time period is after you prayed Maghrib or after the Isha azan until shar'i midnight.

Yes, it is best to pray at the time of azan but if you cannot, then you are allowed to pray in the time period that is allowed for each of the five daily prayers. 

If your prayer becomes late (qadha, qaza) then you can make up your prayer any time before you die. 

Prayer is wajib (obligatory, compulsory, required). Prayer is the most important worship. Isn't it wonderful that Allah SWT asks you to pray at the best time, but if you cannot then He allows you to pray whenever you can? 

Guest Rimsha
12 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Salam. It is good to pray before your prayer becomes late.

It is better to pray within the time period allowed for the five daily prayers.

1. For Fajr prayer the allowed time period is from azan to sunrise.

2. For Zuhr prayer the allowed time period is from the Zuhr azan until 4 minutes before sunset, because those last four minutes are the time when your Asr prayer can be offered.

3. For Asr prayer the allowed time period is after you prayed Zuhr or after the Asr azan until sunset.

4. For Maghrib the allowed time period is from Maghrib azan until 4 minutes before shar'i midnight, because those last four minutes are the time when your Isha prayer can be offered.

5. For Isha prayer the allowed time period is after you prayed Maghrib or after the Isha azan until shar'i midnight.

Yes, it is best to pray at the time of azan but if you cannot, then you are allowed to pray in the time period that is allowed for each of the five daily prayers. 

If your prayer becomes late (qadha, qaza) then you can make up your prayer any time before you die. 

Prayer is wajib (obligatory, compulsory, required). Prayer is the most important worship. Isn't it wonderful that Allah SWT asks you to pray at the best time, but if you cannot then He allows you to pray whenever you can? 

Thankyou for helping ..I know the timings..My question is that we are told to pray at the earliest ..I will give you example . Your relative came at magrib time ..will you first attend him or will you first offer prayer?? 

On 11/22/2017 at 3:36 AM, Guest Rimsha said:

Thankyou for helping ..I know the timings..My question is that we are told to pray at the earliest ..I will give you example . Your relative came at magrib time ..will you first attend him or will you first offer prayer?? 

I'm glad that you know the timings of prayers. If your relative comes to your place right at maghrib time, then provide a cup of tea and sweets, if your relative is allowed to eat sweets. If you have fruits, provide a plate and knife to cut them and serve that as well. Of course if you know that he/she does not like a certain kind of fruit, do not serve that particular kind, but another kind of fruit. Tell him or her that it is maghrib time so you have to pray, but will be back very soon, so please help yourself to the fruits provided. Since you have a guest waiting for you to return, do not read all the long duas that you normally would if you were by yourself. Just pray the wajib parts of the prayer and return to your guest as soon as possible. You can make long duas and read the Holy Quran later after he/she leaves. 

On 11/22/2017 at 10:36 AM, Guest Rimsha said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Sister during month of Ramadhan if you have guests over for iftar if they don't pray first and would rather eat first, you respect the guests and eat first. 

As for the above scenario, I would excuse myself and say I'm going to do salat, and offer if they want to do salat too.  

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

On 11/20/2017 at 1:54 PM, Guest Rimsha said:

How many people on this site offer namaz just when azan is given. How do u manage it .I find it quite difficult .If i wait for azan many things will remain undone eg . If i have gone to shop .and it is 12pm and zuhr is at 12.30.in this case am i supposed to finish my shopping or leave it nd go home .How do u ppl manage things..i am just giving examples ...i go at 3pm to my relatives house .magrib is at 5.30..i always prefer to offer namaz at home  ..At 5.30i leave is it ok? ..we leave for picnic at 10a.m ..distance is 2hrs ...we leave place at 5pm magrib is at 5.30 ..so we offer magrib at home at 7pm..is it ok? ..i am in class ..it finishes at 3pm ..zuhr is at 12.30..so i offer it at 3.30 pm..is it ok?? ..how how how do u manage things

Salaam Alaykum

Praying at prime time is a big accomplishment that Allah swt gifted you with. It's a big thing

I do salaat at prime time as well. If it is salaat time, I pray right over there. I prayed several times in shop centers, Chicago Millennium Park, relative houses and so on. One time I was invited in one of Iranian houses. It was Azaan time, then I asked my friend to give me a quiet place to pray. After I went to pray, one guy saw Sajjadah in my hand. He also decided to pray. Sometimes you affect on other people to pray at prime time as well.

If you want to pray in public place, make sure it's OK from religious point of view. I mean the location should not be Ghasby غصبی.

KEEP THE HABIT OF PRAYING AT PRIME TIME. YOU'RE IN MY PRAY

Guest Rimsha
On 12/2/2017 at 9:24 PM, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salaam Alaykum

Praying at prime time is a big accomplishment that Allah swt gifted you with. It's a big thing

I do salaat at prime time as well. If it is salaat time, I pray right over there. I prayed several times in shop centers, Chicago Millennium Park, relative houses and so on. One time I was invited in one of Iranian houses. It was Azaan time, then I asked my friend to give me a quiet place to pray. After I went to pray, one guy saw Sajjadah in my hand. He also decided to pray. Sometimes you affect on other people to pray at prime time as well.

If you want to pray in public place, make sure it's OK from religious point of view. I mean the location should not be Ghasby غصبی.

KEEP THE HABIT OF PRAYING AT PRIME TIME. YOU'RE IN MY PRAY

Nice to hear that u ...when i am outside home ,i delay prayer till i reach home eg if i am in market i am female i cant just pray anywhere ..am i supposed to pray immediately like even on road or shops etc..this means i have to carry prayer mat everywhere ..i always wait till i am back home..how should i manage

Guest Rimsha
11 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Sister during month of Ramadhan if you have guests over for iftar if they don't pray first and would rather eat first, you respect the guests and eat first. 

As for the above scenario, I would excuse myself and say I'm going to do salat, and offer if they want to do salat too.  

What if the guest has come for a short time and there is no one at home..wont it be rude to leave the guest unattended...will Allah like it?

Guest Rimsha
On 30/11/2017 at 8:36 PM, ShiaChat Mod said:

I'm glad that you know the timings of prayers. If your relative comes to your place right at maghrib time, then provide a cup of tea and sweets, if your relative is allowed to eat sweets. If you have fruits, provide a plate and knife to cut them and serve that as well. Of course if you know that he/she does not like a certain kind of fruit, do not serve that particular kind, but another kind of fruit. Tell him or her that it is maghrib time so you have to pray, but will be back very soon, so please help yourself to the fruits provided. Since you have a guest waiting for you to return, do not read all the long duas that you normally would if you were by yourself. Just pray the wajib parts of the prayer and return to your guest as soon as possible. You can make long duas and read the Holy Quran later after he/she leaves. 

Great

2 hours ago, Guest Rimsha said:

Nice to hear that u ...when i am outside home ,i delay prayer till i reach home eg if i am in market i am female i cant just pray anywhere ..am i supposed to pray immediately like even on road or shops etc..this means i have to carry prayer mat everywhere ..i always wait till i am back home..how should i manage

I always have turbah in my pocket to pray. Sometimes I have prayer mat. Sometimes I pray in Sunni mosques. Of course, sometimes I delay prays till I find a place.

7 hours ago, Guest Rimsha said:

What if the guest has come for a short time and there is no one at home..wont it be rude to leave the guest unattended...will Allah like it?

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Dear sister, it is your call.  Each guest is different.  When guests come over if they are my relatives, I tell them it is time for salat and give them prayer mats and I go do salat.

Usually, when we have people over we serve tea/coffee/snacks so when you go to the kitchen to prepare, I would do my salat during that time.  You can just do dhur or mughrib first and then when guest leaves do 3sr or 3hisha.

No doubt, salat is the most important part of deen, however it doesn't supercede certain things.

For example, if someone is dying of thirst and there is a choice between you doing wudu and giving water to the person, you give water to the person.

So if a guest shows up right at Maghreb, you can offer them a space to pray and if they are not inclined, then you can wait for them to leave. 

There is great "fazilah" in praying on time but life happens and Allah is ghafour and Raheem. It is not a sin to pray late due to mitigating circumstances. As long as you are not delaying Salah on purpose, it is okay.

If I am driving and it's zuhr time and I am 1 hour from home, I prefer to wait, go home, freshen up, and then pray with all the reverence it deserves rather than pray in fast-forward mode.

No act in Islam is a burden so we shouldn't treat it as such.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this