Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Must a Muslim love God?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, sefket83 said:

If someone believes in Islam but does not love/like God are they considered Muslims?

Tnx

As far as I know : Yes.
Because you are a muslim when you believe in Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and his holy Prophet (S)
-----------------------------
Offtopic ; i think it is ignorant and foolish and shameful not to love God almighty..

Edited by Mohammed-Mehdi
  • Veteran Member
3 minutes ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

1. In what Ayat Allah tells you to do wudhu / how to do wudhu ? Not relevant.
2. It is a normal question of a person who want to learn, what are you laughing at ?

"...what are you laughing at?"  The OP asks as if he never read Quran. See: 2:41 & 2:197 and others.

• Veteran Member
Just now, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Bro I don't think that i a good reason. Furthermore, he is not a muslim

Yet my comment still answers his question.

And since @sefket83 asked in good manner he can ask another question.

And l just answered never looking at his profile. (Sorry Sefket if you got offended.)

• Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala,

When you bear witness there is no god but Allah and Rasoul Allah Mohammad is his Prophet of Allah then technically yes you are Muslim.

You are asking as a Christian, so I don't know your intention behind this question.

When muslims profess their religion than they have love to Allah and His prophet.

Edited by Laayla
  • Veteran Member
5 hours ago, hasanhh said:

:hahaha:   ln what ayat does Allah-s.w.t. reveal "love Me" ?

ان كنتم تحبون الله فاتبعوني يحببكم الله

If you love Allah, then follow me (prophet Mohamad) so Allah love you.

It is pre-condition to islam.

2701815eab3f4b85ea60bc3d1150ea74--ultrab

Quran, Surah Muhammad, Ayat 28
This because they followed that which called forth the Wrath of Allah, and they hated Allah's good pleasure; so He made their deeds of no effect.

They followed what angered Allah and disliked Allah's ridwan, So Allah voided their deed.
47-28
Love and hate is essential and hard core of aqidah
Edited by Chaotic Muslem

A bit of an odd question. 

Yes, you would have to love Allah regardless of religion. He made you. He has given you so many blessings. 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Laayla said:

You are asking as a Christian, so I don't know your intention behind this question.

You do not know his intention because he is a Christian ? And if he was not a Christian or a Muslim , then you would know his intention for asking this question ? .....................................

• Veteran Member
7 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

1. In what Ayat Allah tells you to do wudhu / how to do wudhu ? 
2. It is a normal question of a person who want to learn, what are you laughing at ?

Surah 5 verse n.5 talks about wozu. But yes, not everything is mentioned in Quran.

Edited by shadow_of_light
  • Advanced Member
7 hours ago, sefket83 said:

If someone believes in Islam but does not love/like God are they considered Muslims?

Tnx

You are not allowed to hate Him. That's a form of hidden Shirk and Hypocrisy.

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Astaqfirullah

Edited by SunniBrother
  • Veteran Member
7 hours ago, sefket83 said:

Tnx

I dont think it is necessary but it is not ideal. How can you worship and obey someone whom you dont love? When you dont love Him, it probably means that you think He is not just or perfect or compassionate enough. Is it so?

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

As far as I know : Yes.
Because you are a muslim when you believe in Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and his holy Prophet (S)
-----------------------------
Offtopic ; i think it is ignorant and foolish and shameful not to love God almighty..

I was thinking that a person who loves God naturally would do everything that God wants since if you dislike what he wants then you dislike him.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

I dont think it is necessary but it is not ideal. How can you worship and obey someone whom you dont love? When you dont love Him, it probably means that you think He is not just or perfect or compassionate enough. Is it so?

A person can believe God is perfect but still not themselfs love perfection.

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

ان كنتم تحبون الله فاتبعوني يحببكم الله

If you love Allah, then follow me (prophet Mohamad) so Allah love you.

It is pre-condition to islam.

And then cited Ayat 3:31

This was in response to my question:

10 hours ago, hasanhh said:

The trilateral root ha ba ba interpreted as "love" also means prefer, like and endear in verb form and grain and seed in noun forms.

Citations of English interpretations:

like at 49:12

prefer at 9:120, 38:32

endear 49:7 where it occurs in its triliteral root.

The use of "love" as a translation is more in tune with sufi sewage and the evilgelical strain of Christianity.

Go to Quran "translation" sites and search "love" and then read through the ayats result and substitute the word "prefer" for "love" and you'll get a better understanding of Quran. Substituting "endear" will yield an similar result.

Quran reveals "Fear Me(s.w.t.) Alone". We cannot substitute in "love" or we get -in modern idiom- get into a Stockholm Syndrome, which is not a mentally healthy state-of-mind. A "love born out of fear" neurosis.

lf anyone is around Qom or Cairo ask a Quran Lexicographer to weigh-in. [This will be good Guest, l think.]

• Veteran Member
18 minutes ago, sefket83 said:

A person can believe God is perfect but still not themselfs love perfection.

You used "perfection" in the biblical sense. Genesis 6 with Noah, Genesis 17 with Abraham and Deuteronomy 18 in avoiding abominations.

To my knowledge, this does not occur in Quran or Hadith.

God-s.w.t. is 'above'/'more-than any of Man's ideas --including "perfection". Even the Attributes [a.k.a. "Names"] of Allah-s.w.t. are revealed within our ability to understand. Like in Exodus 22, "is a Jealous God" because jealousy is something we can understand.

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

This was in response to my question:

The trilateral root ha ba ba interpreted as "love" also means prefer, like and endear in verb form and grain and seed in noun forms.

Citations of English interpretations:

like at 49:12

prefer at 9:120, 38:32

endear 49:7 where it occurs in its triliteral root.

The use of "love" as a translation is more in tune with sufi sewage and the evilgelical strain of Christianity.

Go to Quran "translation" sites and search "love" and then read through the ayats result and substitute the word "prefer" for "love" and you'll get a better understanding of Quran. Substituting "endear" will yield an similar result.

Quran reveals "Fear Me(s.w.t.) Alone". We cannot substitute in "love" or we get -in modern idiom- get into a Stockholm Syndrome, which is not a mentally healthy state-of-mind. A "love born out of fear" neurosis.

lf anyone is around Qom or Cairo ask a Quran Lexicographer to weigh-in. [This will be good Guest, l think.]

-.-

uninstall Christianity

Make clean installation of Islam.

To interpret Quran, we do not refer to translations nor to what we "prefer" to be the meaning of the verse. The meaning you are alluding to is not the meaning that various muslims scholars, based on narrations from prophet and his house hold, have reached to.

https://www.al-islam.org/supplication-in-the-eyes-of-ahlalbayt-muhammad-mahdi-al-asifi/divine-love-supplications-ahl-al-bayt-

wasalam

Edited by Chaotic Muslem
  • Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

-.-

uninstall Christianity

Make clean installation of Islam.

To interpret Quran, we do not refer to translations nor to what we "prefer" to be the meaning of the verse. The meaning you are alluding to is not the meaning that various muslims scholars, based on narrations from prophet and his house hold, have reached to.

https://www.al-islam.org/supplication-in-the-eyes-of-ahlalbayt-muhammad-mahdi-al-asifi/divine-love-supplications-ahl-al-bayt-

wasalam

Salam,

l read through your reference. Al-Majlisi is described as an "expert" in philosophy but why he uses pagan Greek ideas of harmony to organize his writings is not explained. Three English translators --Ali once, Skakir twice and Picktall thrice-- add this word into the reading. A couple of these verses is using "harmony" for reconciliation of the waw fa qaf  tri-literal root. The remainder are gross insertions of the word. Therefore, as far as l can find, "harmony" is not in Quran. Quran is revealed as "self-explained" so why use a pagan philosophy for delineation of subjects?

Now again to the "love" part. Even though al-Majlisi uses it the fundamental problem of meaning still remains. We can define "prefer" as something more valued. We can define "endear" as an appreciation or even 'affection'. But we cannot define "love". Like the word genius, everyone has something to say about the word "love", but nobody can define it. Not sufficiently, at least.

Allah-s.w.t. is not a "love god".

Edited by hasanhh
  • Unregistered
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ {1}

[Shakir 1:1] In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِلْعَالَمِينَ {107}

[Shakir 21:107] And We have not sent you but as a mercy to the worlds.

• Advanced Member
22 hours ago, monad said:

A realistic question would be, is it possible to love God and how can we love God.

Where does the love of a thing stem from.

What makes a thing love a thing in all circumstances.

What makes a thing hate a thing.

We love that which we ourself are but that does not mean a person can not respect God.

Edited by sefket83
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, sefket83 said:

We love that which we ourself are but that does not mean a person can not respect God.

Well, I just saw your reply.

You love what you yourself are? What does it mean? Does it mean that you even love your weak points and you dont love those who are better than you?

On 11/17/2017 at 3:38 AM, sefket83 said:

Tnx

Yes they are considered Muslims but not Mo'mins.

Surah Al-Insan, Verse 8:
وَيُطْعِمُونَ الطَّعَامَ عَلَىٰ حُبِّهِ مِسْكِينًا وَيَتِيمًا وَأَسِيرًا

And they give food out of love for Him to the poor and the orphan and the captive:
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Insan, Verse 9:
إِنَّمَا نُطْعِمُكُمْ لِوَجْهِ اللَّهِ لَا نُرِيدُ مِنكُمْ جَزَاءً وَلَا شُكُورًا

We only feed you for Allah's sake; we desire from you neither reward nor thanks:
(English - Shakir)

A true mo'min always act to seek the nearness (qurbat) of Allah because he loves Allah (s.w.t). 

In the same chapter, you will find a verse mentioning people who love this worldly life:

Surah Al-Insan, Verse 27:
إِنَّ هَٰؤُلَاءِ يُحِبُّونَ الْعَاجِلَةَ وَيَذَرُونَ وَرَاءَهُمْ يَوْمًا ثَقِيلًا

Surely these love the transitory and neglect a grievous day before them.
(English - Shakir)

@hasanhh, @Chaotic Muslem

Edited by Salsabeel
On 11/17/2017 at 6:01 PM, monad said:

A realistic question would be, is it possible to love God and how can we love God.

Yes it is possible.

Loving something, like of which there is nothing, has a lot to do with heart. 

Heart, a place where emaan resides, a place when enlightened with emaan start sensing & observing the One, like of which there is nothing.

Qalb e Momin is equipped with eyes, with which he sees his Lord, sense His presence everywhere, understands the difference between this limited worldly life (hayat ad-dunya) & everliving life of hereafter (hayawan). 

• Veteran Member

@Salsabeel

I have feeling that posters have weird and odd understanding of love. Not sure how is that possible but it seems to be the case!

Due to extreme corruption in the world, people started to feel less appreciation to anything good and take everything that is given to them (with good or bad intention) as granted with indifference. 

Seems like machines walking. Morbid.

TinMan.jpg

• Advanced Member
On 11/16/2017 at 5:38 PM, sefket83 said:

Tnx

This is an oxymoron - how can one believe in someone, meaning believes that He created him, nourishes his body, mind, and soul, and still by using these facilities, this person chooses to dislike him? 

7 minutes ago, Irfani313 said:

This is an oxymoron - how can one believe in someone, meaning believes that He created him, nourishes his body, mind, and soul, and still by using these facilities, this person chooses to dislike him? 

The question is not bad brother. In fact it is a valid & deep question. 

Surah Al-Hujraat, Verse 14:
قَالَتِ الْأَعْرَابُ آمَنَّا قُل لَّمْ تُؤْمِنُوا وَلَٰكِن قُولُوا أَسْلَمْنَا وَلَمَّا يَدْخُلِ الْإِيمَانُ فِي قُلُوبِكُمْ وَإِن تُطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ لَا يَلِتْكُم مِّنْ أَعْمَالِكُمْ شَيْئًا إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

The dwellers of the desert say: We believe. Say: You do not believe but say, We submit; and faith has not yet entered into your hearts; and if you obey Allah and His Apostle, He will not diminish aught of your deeds; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
(English - Shakir)

6 minutes ago, monad said:

Does a male and female understand love differently, if yes, then how can it be the same type of love?.

Is Loving  Jesus or buddah  the same as Loving Allah?

is Love intelligent or non - intelligent?

Thank you for not tagging me in this one.