In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Guest syeda

aoa. i know marriage of a syeda with a non syed is allowed in islam. my question here is, that my parents are not agreeing on me marrying a non syed, even though he and his family is religious, decent and simple and much better than my family when it come to religiousness. but my parents are not agreeing and as i am 24 now they are looking for proposals a lot and asking me to go meet strangers and sit with them etc. what should i do? either just wait for Allahs miracle for us or to speak up to this and fight for my right?

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Guest syeda said:

aoa. i know marriage of a syeda with a non syed is allowed in islam. my question here is, that my parents are not agreeing on me marrying a non syed, even though he and his family is religious, decent and simple and much better than my family when it come to religiousness. but my parents are not agreeing and as i am 24 now they are looking for proposals a lot and asking me to go meet strangers and sit with them etc. what should i do? either just wait for Allahs miracle for us or to speak up to this and fight for my right?

You're from India/Pakistan aren't you?

This Syed marriage concept is so engrained in the mentality there that there's really nothing that can be done if your parents are set on it.

Sadly, the best thing you can do is just pray that either you end up with a nice Syed or that your parents somehow see the light. Parents from India/Pakistan are beyond stubborn when it comes to this issue.

Ask them who the daughters of the Imams (AS) married. If Syed girls are only supposed to marry Syed men then who did the Imams of the Ahle Bayt (AS) marry their daughters to?

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Guest syeda said:

If you follow Ayatollah sistani and if that person is right person according to sharia you don't need your parents consent. And please teach our parents something about Islam. Ask him if Allah or rasool has forbidden this? Tell him that Syeds are decedents of Prophet (PBUHAP) through bibi Fatima (a.s) so according to that was Imam Ali (a.s) syed? of course not and stop that hashmi syed things with me. That doesn't exist. 

And Quran says

bismillah.gif
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُمْ مِنْ ذَكَرٍ وَأُنْثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا ۚ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَاكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ {13}

[Shakir 49:13] O you men! surely We have created you of a male and a female, and made you tribes and families that you may know each other; surely the most honorable of you with Allah is the one among you most careful (of his duty); surely Allah is Knowing, Aware.
[Pooya/Ali Commentary 49:13]

This is addressed to all mankind and not to the Muslims only, though it is understood that in a perfect world the two would be synonymous. All races of men, white, brown and black are His creation. Allah has made them to vary in colour, language and mode of life, and has placed them in different lands, but before Him they are all one and cherished by Him alike, and he is most honoured who is most righteous.

The Holy Prophet said:

"Do not take pride in superior birth, tribe or nation."

Even the descendants of the Holy Prophet, known as sharif or sayyid, have been forbidden to give themselves airs on account of their relationship with him because it will not save them from punishment on the day of judgement if they have transgressed the boundaries laid down by Allah.

Imam Ali bin Husayn Zaynal Abidin said:

"The hell has been made ready for those who disobey Allah, be he a most important person in the society; and only those who obey Allah will go into paradise, be he a slave."

It is reported that a Muslim bought a slave who appealed to the people gathered in the auction square that he who was ready to allow him to pray behind the Holy Prophet should buy him, and the slave was always in the rows formed behind the Holy Prophet. After a few days the Holy Prophet noticed his absence. He went to his place. He was sick. After three days he died. The Holy Prophet personally attended to his funeral rites, bathed him, gave him a shroud and buried him. When mahajirs and ansar showed signs of astonishment this verse was revealed.

It is said that once the disciples of Isa asked him as to who was to be considered as superior among men. Isa took a handful of dust in his hand and said:

"All man are from the dust and they shall return to dust. In the eyes of God he is most honoured who is most righteous."

This verse renders null and void all distinctions based on race, colour, caste and social position. Taqwa (obedience to Allah and His laws) is the only criterion for superiority or honour.

The Holy Prophet said:

"No man is superior to another on account of race or colour, taqwa (wisdom and piety) alone is the distinction."

In this way man finds his individual as well as collective freedom, material progress and spiritual happiness, peace and order in Islam.

To have an idea of taqwa refer to the commentary of Baqarah: 2 to 5 and 177. Maximum degree of taqwa is found in the Holy Prophet and his Ahl ul Bayt.