Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[Controversial] Ethnic/Cultural preservation

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam,

Do you think that in the future there will be one "ethnicity" due to people marrying/conceiving with others from different cultures? And will those cultures be replaced by the "Modern western ideology"?

Cuz lately I've been trying to understand "white supremacists" and even though their idea that whites are superior to others are total nonsense, the fact that races/cultures/ethnicity are starting to disappear sounds kinda logical doesn't it. Aren't the differences between us that make us human?

• Advanced Member

Because I'm from a Moroccan origin and I live in Europe. And here lots of second+ generation people are starting to lose their culture (let alone religion) because "mixing" has encouraged them to change in order to please the others. And at the same time in Morocco itself the place is starting to become "Westernized" and lots of our values that resonated our country are disappearing.

The same can be said about European culture here in Europe. Or any other country.

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, modaoudi said:

Do you think that in the future there will be one "ethnicity" due to people marrying/conceiving with others from different cultures?

How long has man been on this planet? I don't know the exact amount but its def in excess of 3,000 years.

In all that time Man had all the time in the world to become one race but it hasn't. 

In answer to your question, if it hasn't happened yet why would it happen in the future? 

Cuz lately I've been trying to understand "white supremacists" and even though their idea that whites are superior to others are total nonsense

That's a myth and arrogance pushed by European Imperialists to place the White race upon high. Its been such a successful tactic that its pervaded the mentalities of almost every culture on the planet.

Because I'm from a Moroccan origin and I live in Europe. And here lots of second+ generation people are starting to lose their culture (let alone religion) because "mixing" has encouraged them to change in order to please the others.

That's a Sociological process that goes in cycles. Over the last century or so its become "cool" to appear Western. In time that cycle will change and the trend will change to something else.

Also, its inevitable that people once they migrate to another land will lose the old identity and evolve into that of the land in which they reside. For example, my ancestors migrated to India from Iran many generations ago. As of today no one in my family speaks Farsi or engages in anything of an Irani nature. Its unaviodable over time.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

In answer to your question, if it hasn't happened yet why would it happen in the future? 

Well because in the past, the sense of tribalism was strong, but now it's starting to disappear completely allowing for more diversity in a given region throughout the world

• Basic Members

W.Salaam,

I believe that culture will become a thing of the past for the majority of people as they become incorporated into an increasingly Westernised world. But those 'hang out' with their cultural brethren, they will maintain a visage of their heritage, but they may become confused with how their culture interacts with the western world (i.e. their European friends or their American friends etc) and the role it plays in their lives. They will try to have the best of both worlds by holding on to their favourite parts of their culture alongside western culture. 

It will depend heavily on how much they decide to delve into their own heritage and history, because without such knowledge it will be hard for them to feel a connection to their own culture.

Hope that answers some of your question.

• Veteran Member

I also live in west and I am worried because I feel like west is turning into east. The biggest change I have seen is that women are turning into baby-making machines, meaning people are choosing to have more kids. This is a major life-style change which will cause many other changes. It will be harder for women to balance kids and work, so they will disappear from work force gradually. This may also lead to less education for women and earlier marriages. Around 30% of female and 50% of male millennials live with their parents which means they will adopt joint family systems.  They inequality is increasing between rich and poor and injustice is also spreading very quickly. These are all eastern values which we see now in west, and still eastern people keep complaining about their culture. What more do they want? 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, rkazmi33 said:

I also live in west and I am worried because I feel like west is turning into east. The biggest change I have seen is that women are turning into baby-making machines, meaning people are choosing to have more kids. This is a major life-style change which will cause many other changes. It will be harder for women to balance kids and work, so they will disappear from work force gradually. This may also lead to less education for women and earlier marriages. Around 30% of female and 50% of male millennials live with their parents which means they will adopt joint family systems.  They inequality is increasing between rich and poor and injustice is also spreading very quickly. These are all eastern values which we see now in west, and still eastern people keep complaining about their culture. What more do they want? 

What? I never seen this happened here in West-Europe. Matter of fact I see the opposite, people here reproduce way less since the baby-boom. Maybe you're talking about immigrants from the east in the west, because that's true. But population control that's also a very sensitive subject to talk about.

• Veteran Member

It is inevitable that any blending of cultures will bring change. People are social and will inter-relate and develop strong bonds due to learned respect and new understanding of each other. Children attend the same schools and develop friendships that will in some cases be life long. Intermarriage is becoming more and more common.  This is not necessarily a bad thing as perhaps the good from both the West and the East may emerge. Tribalism is pretty much over. 

• Veteran Member
On 2017-11-11 at 3:39 AM, modaoudi said:

Cuz lately I've been trying to understand "white supremacists" and even though their idea that whites are superior to others are total nonsense, the fact that races/cultures/ethnicity are starting to disappear sounds kinda logical doesn't it. 

The end of the White race is a cultural and demographic inevitability probably within some of our lifetimes.  I think at this point it is pretty much a non issue other than it will hopefully bring about a post-racial age.

Edited by forte
  • Veteran Member
14 minutes ago, modaoudi said:

What? I never seen this happened here in West-Europe. Matter of fact I see the opposite, people here reproduce way less since the baby-boom. Maybe you're talking about immigrants from the east in the west, because that's true. But population control that's also a very sensitive subject to talk about.

I am not talking about the last 30 years. I have seen this change since 2012. No! I am not talking about just the immigrants. I am talking about western people. I see many educated couples having 4 or more children while in the previous generations, most wealthy and educated couples had 2 or 3 kids. Also, the pressure women feel from society to have kids was not present five/ six years ago. All the celebrities are having kids and common people try to imitate celebrities. 

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

I see what you mean in that having children is becoming more popular now and it is being led by those who are high profile.  But I also see in the professional sphere that some women are choosing not to have any which may balance this out(?) 

Also, there is a developing trend for couples with a combined income to each work shorter hours per week so that family issues can be better addressed, and so that both men and women can have a better quality non-workaholic life. 

Edited by forte
  • Veteran Member
8 hours ago, forte said:

I see what you mean in that having children is becoming more popular now and it is being led by those who are high profile.  But I also see in the professional sphere that some women are choosing not to have any which may balance this out(?) 

Also, there is a developing trend for couples with a combined income to each work shorter hours per week so that family issues can be better addressed, and so that both men and women can have a better quality non-workaholic life. 

Yes! I think some women have the options of working less hours or working from home. But I don't think men are helping much. I have seen many surveys which show that women still do majority of house work and take care of kids even if they work full time. I just don't understand the reason for so many kids. Even in my parents generation who lived in Pakistan, most people had two or three kids. 

• Veteran Member
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:30 PM, modaoudi said:

Well because in the past, the sense of tribalism was strong, but now it's starting to disappear completely allowing for more diversity in a given region throughout the world

Tribalism now is more and more based on chosen identity. Liberal, Conservative, LBGTQ_XYZ, union, etc.