Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

any shias still in UAE?

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, sidnaq said:

hows the situation ver there, any majalises taking place?

there are shia mosques, people can practice, but there are limits, you can't say certain things about the 3 caliphs, i believe ziyarat-e-ashura cannot be recited for this reason, also they shut the mosque quite early, around 10 pm during muharram, so that restricts your ability to do matam throughout the night and stuff. But in general it seems ok, much better than saudi arabia.

On 11/2/2017 at 6:19 PM, sidnaq said:

hows the situation ver there, any majalises taking place?

Salaam Alaykum

I went to Dubai one time. When I wanted to go back to Iran, I decided to do my pray at mosque at the airport. While I was praying, I noticed that one person was looking at me angrily. I think he found out that I'm Shia because of my turbah and my hands. I just did my pray and left soon. It was not secure if some people find out that you are Shia.

• Advanced Member
39 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salaam Alaykum

I went to Dubi one time. When I wanted to go back to Iran, I decided to do my pray at mosque at the airport. While I was praying, I noticed that one person was looking at me angrily. I think he found out that I'm Shia because of my turbah and my hands. I just did my pray and left soon. It was not secure if some people find out that you are Shia.

Do you think that type of anger toward the Shi'a is mainstream in Dubai? 

40 minutes ago, Wholehearted Shi'a said:

Do you think that type of anger toward the Shi'a is mainstream in Dubai? 

I didn't say that. I used the word "some people" not "all people". Plus it's good to know safety tips

• Veteran Member
On 11/2/2017 at 8:23 PM, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salaam Alaykum

I went to Dubi one time. When I wanted to go back to Iran, I decided to do my pray at mosque at the airport. While I was praying, I noticed that one person was looking at me angrily. I think he found out that I'm Shia because of my turbah and my hands. I just did my pray and left soon. It was not secure if some people find out that you are Shia.

It's because of the turbah. Their king is from a Sunni sect that doesn't fold their arms

image.png

• Advanced Member

The situation has detoriated quick since I came here about 8 yes ago .

Before everything was out in open,  no issues. Now people are scared they will lose jobs,  not get residency visa renewed ( or only 4 out of 5 family members get renewal and one child does not), will be labelled as Shia , will be immediately deported ( happens occasionally ), Shia chat is blocked ( so with horrible Internet speeds and bad VPN ) we are rarely able to post and just barely able to read posts.

There has been massive purges in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah , especially of active on community or working for govt/semi govt entity.

Dubai used to be more chill , but even now at major Shia aza khana RFID embedded ID cards are scanned and likely being placed in database.

Lebanese already purged ,especially big businessmen, all the Parichinar momineen supporting those oppressed people also purged at behest of Pakistan  ( Najistan) govt.

Sorry I could go on but is very depressing for families with kids.

Am planning on going to Canada as are many who can still get out .

Inshalhah the Saudi's will cause a Maelstrom which will suck the  GCC Into a deep morass, from which the pampered princelings cannot not escape and eventually get their just desserts, and the Zahoor will be ushered in with their demise. 

• 6 months later...
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, starlight said:

Any Shias living in Qatar?How are things there after their triple talaq with KSA ?

10% is the Shi'a population living in Qatar and they are more or less in the same place they were before the problems with KSA. Which is, they have the right to practice but with restrictions.

The most open Gulf countries for the Shi'a are easily Oman and Kuwait. The worst are Saudi and Bahrain. Qatar and UAE are restrictive but don't crackdown as much.

Edited by Sumerian
  • Forum Administrators
3 hours ago, Sumerian said:

The most open Gulf countries for the Shi'a are easily Oman and Kuwait.

Let's face it, Kuwait is really a southern province of Iraq isn't it? 

• Advanced Member
24 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

Let's face it, Kuwait is really a southern province of Iraq isn't it? 

This is a picture of Greater Iraq according to some Iraqi nationalists and Saddami Ba'athists;

Greater_Iraq_Ba'athist_claims.png

Personally I think Iraq with Kuwait would have been too strong for America's liking, which is why the Gulf War happened. Iraq would challenge the Saudis for supremacy in the oil market.

Edited by Sumerian
  • Advanced Member
On 6/4/2018 at 6:44 AM, Sumerian said:

This is a picture of Greater Iraq according to some Iraqi nationalists and Saddami Ba'athists;

Greater_Iraq_Ba'athist_claims.png

Personally I think Iraq with Kuwait would have been too strong for America's liking, which is why the Gulf War happened. Iraq would challenge the Saudis for supremacy in the oil market.

Your map is wrong bro. Here are the true rightful borders of Iraq.
Neo-Babylonian_Empire.png