Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Imam Sadiq 1000 World Hadeeth

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Imam Sadiq (a.s) : "The Almighty Allah owns 1000 world each of which is bigger than the seven heavens and the earth, the inhabitants of each don't know if Allah owns any other world." [al-Borhan]

Interesting, no?

It takes 1000 Earth to fill up Jupiter the 5th planet. That's interesting too.

• Advanced Member

Salam 3alaikum,

Imam Sadiq (a.s) : "The Almighty Allah owns 1000 world each of which is bigger than the seven heavens and the earth, the inhabitants of each don't know if Allah owns any other world." [al-Borhan]

Interesting, no?

Wow, subhannallah that is really interesting and way, way, way out of my imagination and anything my brain can handle, our universe is already so large that it would take us 100 000 years traveling at the velocity of light (299,792.458 kilometers per second) just to get across our milky way galaxy!, let alone there are Over 100 billion galaxies in the known universe?!. Im really interested in this thanks for that information, have you got more reference to this, Something that will keep me thinking and researching for a while.

On 1/21/2011 at 3:47 AM, chat_buddy said:

It takes 1000 Earth to fill up Jupiter the 5th planet. That's interesting too.

Subhannallah, likewise it will take over 7,000,000,000,000,000 (7 quadrillion) Earths to fill the volume of VY Canis Majoris, the largest known star till date! How boundless is the Creator.?

Salamun Alaykum,

Im assuming its refering to Tafseer al Burhan, I found the hadeeth, in Bihar volume 54 page 320 (with one added line at the end)

Ç ÇáÎÕÇá: Úä ÃÈíå¡ Úä ÓÚÏ Èä ÚÈÏ Çááå¡ Úä ÇáÍÓä Èä ÚÈÏ ÇáÕãÏ¡ Úä ÇáÍÓä Èä (3) ÃÈí ÚËãÇä¡ ÞÇá: ÍÏËäÇ ÇáÚÈÇÏí Èä ÚÈÏ ÇáÎÇáÞ¡ Úãä ÍÏËå Úä ÃÈí ÚÈÏ Çááå Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ÞÇá: Åä ááå ÚÒæÌá ÇËäí ÚÔÑ ÃáÝ ÚÇáã¡ ßá ÚÇáã ãäåã ÃßÈÑ ãä ÓÈÚ ÓãÇæÇÊ æÓÈÚ ÃÑÖíä¡ ãÇ íÑì ÚÇáã ãäåã Ãä ááå ÚÒæÌá ÚÇáãÇ ÛíÑåã¡ æ Åäí ÇáÍÌÉ Úáíåã

Aba Abdillah (as) said Allah has 12,000 worlds, each one of them larger than 7 heavens and earth, their is not one among them that knows that Allah owns another world (alim) than them, and I am the the hujja on them .

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Thank you for the ahadith and referencing brothers, first its 1000 worlds in OP narrated from 6th imam, and then another from the second imam saying 12000 worlds (im assuming theres a mistake somewhere), im also having doubts about the authenticity of these ahadith! As im aware, the most accurate book in Shia is tafsir almizan by 3alama tabatabaie, the rest have some week references.

wasalam.

Wa Alaykum as salam,

There could be various issues to explain the differnce in the numbers given, but this is comman with many hadeeths there are slight differnces and this could be due to mistakes in copying the narration or one narrator remembering a number and another narrator remembering a differnt number.

This particular hadeeth however does have a weakness in the chain as pointed out by brother Yahya (one of the narrators was considered to be a ghali (extremist) ) .

Al-Mizan is not the most reliable shia work, it is just widely considered to be the most comprehensive tafseer of the quran.

• 3 weeks later...

(salam)

since no one helped me so i thought i just post it here

28-4 (The compiler of the book narrated) that his father - may God be pleased with him - narrated that Sa’ed ibn Abdullah quoted Al-Hussein ibn Abdul Samad, on the authority of Al-Hussein ibn Ali ibn Abi Uthman, on the authority of Al-Ebad ibn Abdul Khaliq, on the authority of someone who narrated that Aba Abdullah as-Sadiq (MGB) said, “The Honorable the Exalted God has created 12,000 worlds each of which is more extensive than the seven heavens and the seven Earths. None of these worlds know that God the Honorable the Exalted has any other worlds except their own world. However, I am a proof for all of them.”

this hadith says 12,000 worlds while the one above says 1000.........

does that mean they are aliens out there or just 12,000 planets out there

(wasalam)