In the Name of God بسم الله

Is killing mosquitos haram?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Peace be upon you,

I've recently relocated to a different country which is the motherland to my parents, and there is so many mosquitos here! I've managed to increase my speed and catch a mosquito in the palm of my hand if it flys past my gaze.

Once after catching one and seeing it dead in my palm, I thought, I just killed a creature which Allah SWT has created, am I doing something unjust? The reason for me killing the mosquito is because it's constantly sucking my blood and leaving spots on my body, is that unjust for me to do?

• Forum Administrators
4 hours ago, Hassan- said:

Killing harmful insects is allowed, and mosquitoes can be very harmful.

11 minutes ago, حسين said:

But may I ask, what makes mosquitos harmful? 

Mosquitos spread viruses such as Zika and infections such as Malaria. 

• Veteran Member
14 hours ago, حسين said:

Once after catching one and seeing it dead in my palm, I thought, I just killed a creature which Allah SWT has created, am I doing something unjust?

Yes. You are a bloodshedder. Just think of its orhpan kids and widowed wife! You must pay some compensation to them. And there is no excuse for what you did because you could have used an insect repellent device instead of killing the poor little creature.

Now, if you want a fatwa, if it doesnt bite you, you are not allowed to kill it. But if they attack you, they are considered invaders and their blood is halal. If they spy and inform their friends of you, again their blood is halal.

P.S: seriously speaking, if you kill some animals for no acceptable reason, you have to pay some kaffara.