Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Wholehearted Shi'a

How do i convert to Islam? Who can help me?

Rate this topic

On 10/15/2017 at 11:04 PM, Wholehearted Shi'a said:

As Salam Aleykum

Hello everyone I am an Australian Christian who two years ago wanted to learn more about Islam because of the climate of terrorism which unfortunately we have a problem with still today. I have read the Qur'an and as I read more of it I believed it to be the words of god. I researched the prophet's life, his teachings and courage all inspired me to believe that his characteristics were that of a true prophet. When I met some Sunni Muslims and asked about Ali and Karbala a event that frequently popped in my research. I was told Shi'a were pagans that believed Ali was a god which these people were my friends so initially I believed them until I researched myself. I found an Islam after the prophet's death that had already strayed off the path of islam. The Arab elites quickly established themselves on top, contradicting the Qur'an with racism and greed. I saw a man named Ali who fought this until he was assassinated and his sons Hussain, Hassan and Abbas had continued to do the same which led me to conclude that Ali and Ahlulbayt were the true successors to the prophet. 

Now that you know my story I would like to know what steps an individual has to take to convert and  confirm his belief in Islam.

Thanks you for reading my story, I look forward to your answers. 

May God bless you brother! Welcome to the rope of Allah! That which everyone who hold it, shall never go astray.

I really got happy for you after I read this :) 

First of all, do the Sahahada, the testimony of the oneness of Allah, his messenger Muhammad, and Ali the Wali of Allah. 

Here are some of the websites you may need cause the brothers/sisters above provided some of the articles of faith.

https://www.al-islam.org/

http://www.shiapen.com/

etc..

Moreover our pillars:

• Salat (Prayer) – meaning "connection", establish the five daily prayers, called namāz in Persian and Urdu.
  • Sawm (Fasting) – fasting during the holy month of Ramadhan, called rūzeh in Persian.
  • Zakat (Poor-rate) – charity. Zakat means "to purify".
  • Khums ("Fifth" of one's savings) – tax.
  • Hajj (Pilgrimage) – performing the pilgrimage to Mecca.
  • Jihād (Struggle) – struggling to please God. The greater, internal Jihad is the struggle against the evil within one's soul in every aspect of life, called jihād akbār. The lesser, or external, jihad is the struggle against the evil of one's environment in every aspect of life, called jihād asghār. This is not to be mistaken with the common modern misconception that this means "Holy War". Writing the truth (jihād bil qalam "struggle of the pen") and speaking truth in front of an oppressor are also forms of jihād.
  • Commanding what is just.
  • Forbidding what is evil.
  • Tawalla – loving the Ahl al-Bayt and their followers.
  • Tabarra – dissociating oneself from the enemies of the Ahlu l-Bayt.

14 Infallibles: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fourteen_Infallibles#List_of_the_Infallibles 

And so on...

I wish you an amazing journey and spiritually entering of the world of the 14 Infallibles, where miracles and extra-ordinaries happen! 

Wassalam :)  

As Salam Aleykum

Hello everyone I am an Australian Christian who two years ago wanted to learn more about Islam because of the climate of terrorism which unfortunately we have a problem with still today. I have read the Qur'an and as I read more of it I believed it to be the words of god. I researched the prophet's life, his teachings and courage all inspired me to believe that his characteristics were that of a true prophet. When I met some Sunni Muslims and asked about Ali and Karbala a event that frequently popped in my research.

Salam, Brother. How are you doing? I like your username! @Wholehearted Shi'a 

hi congratulations i recommend you to watch shiainthecity channel on youtube that very helpful  for new converts that explains well practical & basics of practicing of Shia Islam & Biskit clips on islamic pulse channel.

& also www.ahlulbayt.tv  & ahlulbayt tv on youtube has great lectures for example enquiries about shia islam & Reborn section

globe.aqr.ir = Imam reza shrine on youtube

www.tatbir.org

but beware of Shirazi cult that their head is Yaser Al Habib that he & his crew Imam Tohidi & Allahyari are a cult titled as Londonian  Shia  & rejecting all shia maraji & have extremist beliefs that insult 3 caliphs of sunnis & Aisha that & supports Tatbir & spreading hatred among muslims that causes genocide of shia around the word Like Pakistan & Iraq.

54 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

but beware of Shirazi cult that their head is Yaser Al Habib that he & his crew Imam Tohidi & Allahyari are a cult titled as Londonian  Shia  & rejecting all shia maraji & have extremist beliefs that insult 3 caliphs of sunnis & Aisha that & supports Tatbir & spreading hatred among muslims that causes genocide of shia around the word Like Pakistan & Iraq.

You better don't tell him what to believe and what not to. He'll search and embrace the truth like he did when he first converted to Islam. This is forcing beliefs down someone's throat and there is no compulsion in religion.

@Sirius_Bright hi i just want to warn him about the traps that may be he confronted not forcing him to accept anything because our duty is to protect each other from dangers & help each other in our path to Allah if my opinion hurts you i apologize from every body that hurts  from that specially you my brother.

Famous people that converting to Shia Islam(Laurn booth sister in-law of Tony Blair & Sean Stone the son of Oliver Stone)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkXSAi7Ykn8

http://www.laurenbooth.org/

When I met some Sunni Muslims and asked about Ali and Karbala a event that frequently popped in my research. I was told Shi'a were pagans that believed Ali was a god which these people were my friends so initially I believed them until I researched myself.

I am sorry to hear you had such bad experience with a Sunni. I don't believe Shia brothers are pagans. Yes you'll find many bad so called Muslim on your journey. I advise you to stay away from politics, personality cults and to focus on the message of Islam. Don't focus on Muslim behavior. Read Qur'an as much as you can and relax. Remember the Niyah is very important. Also focus on Adab and Akhlaq. Remember always that you are only accountable for yourself and your deeds, not others.

The New Convert

https://www.al-islam.org/anecdotes-pious-men-ayatullah-murtadha-mutahhari

Two neighbors, a Muslim and a Christian, were on friendly terms. Having concern for one another they used to enquire after each other’s health, and exchanged views from time to time. The Muslim being a devout and religious man spoke high of his religion and the result was that the Christian friend embraced Islam.

The night passed and it was nearing dawn. The Christian, a new convert, heard somebody ramming his door. Surprised and restless he shouted:

"Who is it?"

From the back came a loud voice, "I am so and so;" introducing himself. He was the Muslim neighbor who had the honor of converting him to Islam.

"What do you want at this late hour?"

"Be quick, put on your clothes and perform ablution, so that we should go to the Mosque together"

The new Muslim performed ablution (Wudu) for the first time in his life and set out to Mosque behind his Muslim friend. They had arrived before time. It was the time for the recommended (not obligatory) prayer after mid-night. They prayed till dawn - the time came for the Morning Prayer. They prayed the Morning Prayer and were engaged in benedictions and invocations till it became perfectly clear. When the new Muslim made a move towards the door, his friend interrupted:

"Where are you going?"

"I am going home, since I have finished my morning prayer, there is nothing else to do now." "Wait a while and recite the benedictions till the sun rises." "Very well."

He sat and recited the same till the sun rose. When he rose up to go, his friend placed the Qur'an in his hand saying, "Read it till the sun rises a little high. And I advise you to fast today. Don't you know how much virtues and rewards there are in fasting?" The new Muslim did as he was told, and sat reciting the Qur’an till it was nearing noon. The Muslim neighbor said: "Now it is almost noon; better we perform the noon-prayer in the Mosque:" So, the Dohr (noon) prayer was prayed. Then he said again: "After just a short time, the Asr (after-noon) prayer will be prayed. We should perform that also at the proper time:" That prayer was also performed. Then he said, "It is almost evening now" and detained the new convert till it was time for Maghrib (evening) prayer. When he rose up to break his fast, the neighbor said, "there is one more prayer remaining. It is named "Esha" or the sleeping-time prayer'." So they waited nearly one hour for the proper time of this prayer. After that the new Muslim got up and went away.

Next day at the same hour of night he again heard knockings at the door.

"Who is there?"

"I am so and so............ your neighbor. Be quick, put on your clothes and perform ablution to go to the Mosque together"

"As soon as I returned from the Mosque last night, I resigned from your religion. Please go away and find some other idle man who has nothing to do in this world, so that he may be able to spend his whole time in the mosque. I am a poor man having wife and children to feed. I should better go after my work to earn my livelihood'."

Imam Jaafer al-Sadiq relating the story to his friends and companions, said: "In this manner a devout man after converting a new Muslim, had himself kicked him out of Islam. You must bear this fact in mind and should not trouble the people unnecessarily. You should judge their strength and capacity and act accordingly, so that they develop affinity for the religion and do not run away from it. Don't you know that the policy of Ummayyads is based on violence, oppression and intimidation whereas our ways and methods are based on leniency, brotherhood and persuasion?"

https://www.al-islam.org/anecdotes-pious-men-ayatullah-murtadha-mutahhari

hi i recommend you that at beginig for doing pryers tke it easy just start from main prayers Fajr,Dhohr,Asr,Maghrib,Isha

if you want the part2 of Anecdotes of Pious Men by Mutahhari  you can find it on Itunes Store

and

Treatise On Rights (Risalat al-Huquq)

AUTHOR(S): 

Then I was Guided

An autobiographical account of Sayed Tijani's search for knowledge, which aims to remove some of the barriers that exist between the schools of thought of the ahl-as-Sunnah and the shi'a by clearing misconceptions about Shi'ism.

Peshawar Nights
Transcript of dialogues between Sunni scholars and Shi'i author, about major topics relating to Shi'ism including the death of the Prophet (s), successorship, companions, infallibility, Muta' (temporary marriage), and the family of the Prophet.

44 minutes ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Watch out brother. Wikipedia contains many mistakes and lies !

ShiaChat has a pinned topic in Jurisprudence with information on Grand Ayatullahs and their websites:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/71812-grand-ayatullahs/

Another source when doing research to find a marja is this Shia website:

http://www.islamic-laws.com/ulamaa.htm

On 11/5/2017 at 1:42 PM, Sirius_Bright said:

You better don't tell him what to believe and what not to. He'll search and embrace the truth like he did when he first converted to Islam. This is forcing beliefs down someone's throat and there is no compulsion in religion.

Haha!! Muqallid in disguise.

Don't you know of a term very often used in Islam - "Enjoining good and Forbidding Evil".

I will always advice any brother of mine to stay away from heretics and now AlhumdoLillah his propic says it all :D