Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thinks he created himself

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

As salam aleikoum,

What would you say to someone who believes he created the world, including himself, and then for some reason he doesn't know, erased his own memory. Basically, that person believes he may be God (astarfilulah) :confused:.

He says you cannot prove whether his theory is false.

It reminds me a bit of the "simulation theory" where basically people believe that this world isn't real because we cannot prove it's real (since all the informations we have about the world come from our senses and is stored in our brain). Of course, we cannot prove the world is a simulation either. Plus, even the world was a simulation, it wouldn't change anything for us muslims since you still need Someone of a great intelligence, the Creator, to make that complex simulation work !

But this guy's theory we are discussing is a little bit different since I think it would be a problem if the Creator mysteriously erased his own memory for some reason to live an ordinary life (yeah I know, it's reaaaly far-fetched). One could wonder WHY anyone would possibly want to do that ! 

What would do answer to this, my brothers and sisters ? It's difficult to give him a rational answer despite the fact that he has no evidence at all to support his theory and that this theory is completly retarded :confused:.

EDIT : making my post a little more clear.

Edited by kashif.h
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, kashif.h said:

As salam aleikoum,

What would you say to someone who believes he created the world, including himself, and then for some reason he doesn't know, erased his own memory. Basically, that person believes he may be God (astarfilulah) :confused:.

It reminds me a bit of the "simulation theory" where basically people believe that this world isn't real because we cannot prove it's real (since all the informations we have about the world come from our senses and is stored in our brain). Of course, we cannot prove the world is a simulation either. Plus, even the world was a simulation, it wouldn't change anything for us muslims since you still need Someone of a great intelligence, the Creator, to make that complex simulation work !

But this guy's theory we are discussing is a little bit different since I think it would be a problem if the Creator mysteriously erased his own memory for some reason to live an ordinary life (yeah I know, it's reaaaly far-fetched). One could wonder WHY anyone would possibly want to do that ! 

What would do answer to this, my brothers and sisters ? It's difficult to give him a rational answer despite the fact that he has no evidence at all to support his theory and that this theory is completly retarded :confused:.

Not even Salafis are that deep in Shirk :hahaha:

why do you believe that you need to give him an answer?. If that person believes it, let him do so. let me him entertain his own mind with that little pleasure of his. He could be right, considering, he was silly enough to erase his own memory in the first place. I'd say he was once a mental health patient in the world of God's. The theories to rebut can be as comical as the theories of existence too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

Just one many complexes.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, kashif.h said:

As salam aleikoum,

lol this guy seems fun. first, ask him why he believes that? we all have reasons for our belief. however ridiculous those reasons may be. 

also, tell him that you dont have to prove him wrong. he made a claim. he has to bring evidence to back up his claim, and hence prove it. burden of proof is on him. logic 101.

if all this doesnt shut him up, tell him that you are the one who planted such memories and beliefs in his head and that he can not prove you wrong :p

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, kashif.h said:

As salam aleikoum,

You don't need to answer to this. Whole theory looks dumb

Edited by Hassu93
  • Advanced Member
On 10/15/2017 at 8:42 PM, kashif.h said:

As salam aleikoum,

Alaikum us Salaam.

This world is just one planet. Beside, to create this planet he must be before it. Any explanation from him as for the moment before it? Did he create himself before the world or after the world? 

Also, this world is just one planet under this sun, and there are more than 200 billion suns in this milkyway galaxy alone. Yet there are more than 100 billion galaxies known so far, multiply that by 200 billion suns with average 5 planets in it and see what number will come up, because my calculator doesn't have enough digit for it.

Did he create them all or just this world? 

(وَمَا خَلَقْنَا السَّمَاءَ وَالْأَرْضَ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا لَاعِبِينَ  (21:16

• Advanced Member
On 15/10/2017 at 1:15 PM, just a muslim said:

if all this doesnt shut him up, tell him that you are the one who planted such memories and beliefs in his head and that he can not prove you wrong :p

I love this idea lol. He wouldn't be able to deny it, exactly. I don't think he really believes it though, it must probably be a "possibility" in his mind. But yeah, the world being created last Friday is possible too, despite the lack of evidences :hahaha:

1 hour ago, iwonder said:

Alaikum us Salaam.

This world is just one planet. Beside, to create this planet he must be before it. Any explanation from him as for the moment before it? Did he create himself before the world or after the world? 

Also, this world is just one planet under this sun, and there are more than 200 billion suns in this milkyway galaxy alone. Yet there are more than 100 billion galaxies known so far, multiply that by 200 billion suns with average 5 planets in it and see what number will come up, because my calculator doesn't have enough digit for it.

Did he create them all or just this world? 

(وَمَا خَلَقْنَا السَّمَاءَ وَالْأَرْضَ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا لَاعِبِينَ  (21:16

He says he created the world then decided to live in that said world before erasing his own memory... So maybe he thinks he lives among us in an human form. How convenient :hahaha:

20 hours ago, Hassu93 said:

You don't need to answer to this. Whole theory looks dumb

I agree. But it's annoying that there is no answer to this. Just like when someone says the world appeared last Friday with all your memories and so on. It's ridiculous but yet one cannot answer it (at least not that I'm aware).