Sign in to follow this  
Guest shafie

Doubting doubts

Rate this topic

Guest shafie

Assalaamualeikum,

I have a problem with my doubting mind tendency, it seems like focusing on every act in prayer does not help me to get rid of my shakk problem. This suffering leds me to a question. I am in taqleed to Sayyid Sistani, one of his verdicts says

1195. If a person frequently doubts about a particular act of prayers, then doubts occurring about other acts of prayers, should be dealt with according to their prescribed rules. For example, if a person who frequently doubts about having performed Sajdah, doubts about having performed Ruku, he should act according to the rules relating to it, that is, if he has not performed Sajdah, he should perform Ruku, and if he has already performed Sajdah, he should ignore his doubt.

Now please look at the phrase frequently doubts, for example, one might consider single doubt in three prayer successions and three doubts in single prayer to be condition that katheer al shakk rules may apply. Now, if I get three same shakks in single namaz or one same shakks in every three prayers succesions happened to me, and consider this as a unity of "three same shakks" and it is preceeded directly by another distinct shakk,

1. will I not be able to ignore a new doubt if i get shakk in the other act, because since I get the unity of "three same shakks" even after the preceeding distinct doubt, I have been considered as a particular-doubting person?

2. Is my understanding of the rule makes a good sense in namaz? Since it is kind of very difficult to list all of event in namaz, not even just to remember that one is in state of katheer al shakk or not. This problem just causes a doubt for a doubt in my mind.

3. If not, how must I do regarding this verdict? I mean, how is this rule exactly applied in one's prayers?

I suggest the rule of Sunni brothers regarding to doubts is simpler since their parameter is just are the doubts is felt like a waswas or not, and as far as I know, not considering which act the shakk happens to.

I hope Allah will give me guidance from your answers :)

Jazakallahu Khayran Katheeran