Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Allah and Ali found written on Vikings' clothes

Rate this topic

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/why-did-vikings-have-Allah-on-clothes/ar-AAtk0Sj?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

What makes Larsson's discovery so interesting is that it is the first time historic items mentioning Ali have ever been unearthed in Scandinavia.

"The name Ali is repeated again and again beside Allah," she says.

"I know Ali is highly revered by the largest Muslim minority group, the Shia, and have wondered if there is a connection."

• Forum Administrators
7 hours ago, Iskandar91 said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/why-did-vikings-have-Allah-on-clothes/ar-AAtk0Sj?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

What makes Larsson's discovery so interesting is that it is the first time historic items mentioning Ali have ever been unearthed in Scandinavia.

"The name Ali is repeated again and again beside Allah," she says.

"I know Ali is highly revered by the largest Muslim minority group, the Shia, and have wondered if there is a connection."

Amazing news story! Thank you for this. It mentioned a ring that was found 2 years ago. 

• Advanced Member

I think the encounter between the Danes and the Muslims were in Spain or somewhere around there which were predominantly sunni. To see the word "Ali" after "Allah" as Ali bin abi Tolib kind of too far to interpret, considering that "Ali" is one of Ama ul husna. Maybe it means "Allahu Aliyy" Allah the highest?