In the Name of God بسم الله

Ending up Salah with Salam - Different Ways Why?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salam,

I have observed different ways how Shiite end up Salah.

1. end up with assalam alaikum wa rahmatullah... and supplement with Allah akbar thrice alongside raising both hands
  2. end up with assalam alaikum wa rahmatullah... and supplement with Allah akbar thrice alongside raising both hands + second and third "Allah akbar and raising hands" is accompanied by successive turning of face right and left
  3. end up with assalam alaikum wa rahmatullah seeing on right side only... and supplement with Allah akbar thrice alongside raising both hands facing front (qibla)

Please share what is right and most authentic, and if right thing is missing from above, I want to know that and correct my way of doing so.

Jazakum Allah

• Veteran Member

When praying, you must be looking forward when reciting the salam. You cannot look to the right or left when reciting the salam as you are still in the state of prayer. However, once you have recited the salam, the prayer is over. The three Allahu akbars are not part of the salah, you can choose to not do them and just get up or recite them looking forward or turn right and left. 

59 minutes ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

When praying, you must be looking forward when reciting the salam. You cannot look to the right or left when reciting the salam as you are still in the state of prayer. However, once you have recited the salam, the prayer is over. The three Allahu akbars are not part of the salah, you can choose to not do them and just get up or recite them looking forward or turn right and left. 

This needs extra footnotes, just so people do not get confused.

It is recommended for the (person praying) alone and the imam to signal with the final taslim to his right with the back of his eye or his nose or other than that in a manner that does not negate facing the qibla. As to the follower, if there is no one to his left then it is likewise. And if there is someone from the followers to his left, then he brings another taslim directed to his left. And it the desirability of another taslim for the follower intending the imam is supportable, thus it would be three times. 

Source: Al-Urwat Al-Wuthqa.

Credits of translation goes to a former ShiaChat user.

1 hour ago, Naftzadeh said:

Salam,

I have observed different ways how Shiite end up Salah.

1. end up with assalam alaikum wa rahmatullah... and supplement with Allah akbar thrice alongside raising both hands
  2. end up with assalam alaikum wa rahmatullah... and supplement with Allah akbar thrice alongside raising both hands + second and third "Allah akbar and raising hands" is accompanied by successive turning of face right and left
  3. end up with assalam alaikum wa rahmatullah seeing on right side only... and supplement with Allah akbar thrice alongside raising both hands facing front (qibla)

Please share what is right and most authentic, and if right thing is missing from above, I want to know that and correct my way of doing so.

Jazakum Allah

Once you say the tasleem, the Salat is over. The three takbeers have nothing to do with ending the Salat, they are done after the Salat is already over.