Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

is circumcision still necessary ?

Beyond

• Advanced Member

Male circumcision probably made sense years ago when showers were not a common thing and people would get infections in their bodies due to hygiene, but these days wouldn't it be extreme to circumcise a man’s private area for the sake of cleanliness, wouldn't daily shower keep a man’s private area infection-free for his entire life ?

• Advanced Member

Circumcision is part of Allah's covenant with us. Think about the anceint people, they didn't have modern science with them, so a circumcision was much more of a big deal. 

But even though circumcision isn't a concern nowadays we still continue it becuase we are still in Allah's covenant. Don't be like the Christians who say circumcision isn't required.

Hope this helps!

• 4 months later...

Yes it is, otherwise, urine can get stuck and it would also make your prayers invalid. As well as hajj.

It’s a covenant between you and Allah.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I often wonder who first came up with the idea of chopping it off and what the rational was. If you get it done as an adult is there much scarring? Not that I am considering it or anything, it's small enough already and I am not Muslim. 

• Veteran Member
37 minutes ago, Klanky said:

I often wonder who first came up with the idea of chopping it off and what the rational was. If you get it done as an adult is there much scarring? Not that I am considering it or anything, it's small enough already and I am not Muslim. 

Read Inshallah’s post above. 

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Read Inshallah’s post above. 

Thanks, I already read it. I think the STD thing is a recent discovery and urinary tract infections are not, as far as I am aware, so common that it would be obvious to associate them with the foreskin. I just meant that in a historical sense it is a curious innovation.

• Veteran Member
7 hours ago, Klanky said:

Thanks, I already read it. I think the STD thing is a recent discovery and urinary tract infections are not, as far as I am aware, so common that it would be obvious to associate them with the foreskin. I just meant that in a historical sense it is a curious innovation.

It was suggested by prophets. If you're asking how would these prophets know? These laws were given by God to them.

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Klanky said:

Hi /Salam 

Each Religious practices specially in Islam have a philosophy behind them 

Physical affect is just what we see from an Iceberg but spiritual affect is main part of it release to spiritual affect

Islam Volume One: The Practical Laws

The first of three volumes containing detailed answers to inquiries about the philosophical and historical aspects of certain rules in Islam and prominent events that occurred during the life of the Prophet. These inquiries were answered by Ayatullah al-'Uzma Hajj Shaykh Nasir Makarim Shirazi, and translated into English by Shahnawaz Mahdavi.

TRANSLATOR(S): 
Edited by Ashvazdanghe