Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Warior

Can atheism be forgiven?

Rate this topic

A few months a go, I started dating with a man of my dreams. He impressed me and won my heart and we started planning the future together. The only thing I didn't like is that his parents didn't raise him like a muslim. He has the name but not the knowledge. He decided to let go of islam and become an atheist and he knows that is breaking my heart. Yesterday we had a fight and I asked him does he plan to stay an atheist forever and he said yes. I left him because I have a fear of my future children becomming atheists. Now my heart is broken and I only want to see him, but Im afraid of my wishes too. Please tell me, if a person doesnt know anything about islam, if he chose to be an atheist because he had no knowledge about his faith but still he is a good person with a good heart, can Allah forgive him? May he somehow go to Jannet? And can Allah forgive me for if I was  married to him? I honestly always had a hope that he will start to love islam one day.

2 hours ago, Warior said:

A few months a go, I started dating with a man of my dreams. He impressed me and won my heart and we started planning the future together. The only thing I didn't like is that his parents didn't raise him like a muslim. He has the name but not the knowledge. He decided to let go of islam and become an atheist and he knows that is breaking my heart. Yesterday we had a fight and I asked him does he plan to stay an atheist forever and he said yes. I left him because I have a fear of my future children becomming atheists. Now my heart is broken and I only want to see him, but Im afraid of my wishes too. Please tell me, if a person doesnt know anything about islam, if he chose to be an atheist because he had no knowledge about his faith but still he is a good person with a good heart, can Allah forgive him? May he somehow go to Jannet? And can Allah forgive me for if I was  married to him? I honestly always had a hope that he will start to love islam one day.

Qur'an says for a believer only is believer and tells believing man that even if you like an unbelieving woman for her beauty or whatever good quality, he should abandon her for believing woman. One day, this love will depart and you would be in shackles that's your children and then you will remorse sister.

Leave him before it's too late.

Before your this sadness  Prophets have cried for their nations.  However,  his fate will be decided on basis of his knowledge and I don't think that he could escape his punishment if he wasted his life without confirming whether what he is really told is truth or what he heard is total lie.

You couls ask and help him and try to bring him back to Islam by removing his misunderstandings. 

4 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Before your this sadness  Prophets have cried for their nations.  However,  his fate will be decided on basis of his knowledge and I don't think that he could escape his punishment if he wasted his life without confirming whether what he is really told is truth or what he heard is total lie.

You couls ask and help him and try to bring him back to Islam by removing his misunderstandings. 

I tried but he was always denying, I feel like he has too much stereotypes about Islam because of sunnis, he thinks Islam is violent. I am very sad because I am not so strong to bring a good picture of Islam to him.

33 minutes ago, Warior said:

I tried but he was always denying, I feel like he has too much stereotypes about Islam because of sunnis, he thinks Islam is violent. I am very sad because I am not so strong to bring a good picture of Islam to him.

Sister, then pray for him in your prayers that Allah SWT guide him for the sake of Ahlebait a.s.

Guest ...

If he declares himself as a Muslim you can marry him and it won't matter if he will than abandon wajib things (such as praying, fasting etc) it is his sin not yours. In that case however he's apparently about to be punished, but only Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى knows for sure.

Best try to bring him back to Islam, if he also loves you he will eventually return at least to some limited extend.

P.S. Funny how girls like you wanna marry a guy even if he says he's not a Muslim just because of his origin while ditching converts who genuinely believe.

3 hours ago, Guest ... said:

P.S. Funny how girls like you wanna marry a guy even if he says he's not a Muslim just because of his origin while ditching converts who genuinely believe

Well, bro. I think you should not taunt anyone for Allah may take it as insult to his creation and let you through same trial and then you would find out that it's better not to hurt anyone who is already hurt.

13 hours ago, Warior said:

nope. Only route of forgiveness is to accept Allah.

17 hours ago, Warior said:

Saying you will stay atheist forever delivers the message that the person left religion not because of his critical thinking, but a reactionary thought that has developed within him for several (unknown for me) reasons.

He may come back to religion and repent. That's what will probably happen.

Guest ...
14 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

Well, bro. I think you should not taunt anyone for Allah may take it as insult to his creation and let you through same trial and then you would find out that it's better not to hurt anyone who is already hurt.

I taunt only those who put something ('traditions' or origin) prior to their religion which is too close to shirk imo