alidu78

Flood and prophet nuh as

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Salsabeel said:

So modern humans DNA is said to have 96% similarity with of Chimps DNA.

This was an older estimation, the latest estimation makes our DNA 99% similar to chimps. 

Nine years ago I jumped at an opportunity to join the international team that was identifying the sequence of DNA bases, or “letters,” in the genome of the common chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes). As a biostatistician with a long-standing interest in human origins, I was eager to line up the human DNA sequence next to that of our closest living relative and take stock. A humbling truth emerged: our DNA blueprints are nearly 99 percent identical to theirs. That is, of the three billion letters that make up the human genome, only 15 million of them—less than 1 percent—have changed in the six million years or so since the human and chimp lineages diverged.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-makes-us-different/

Do we have any comparison between chimp's DNA & neanderthal's DNA? 

No, not specifically that l could find.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal_genome_project  which is not a complete genome. l noticed that in 2007 that the speech-related gene FOXP2 mutation identical to humans was found.

3 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

I am certain we do. Human, Neanderthal and Chimpansee DNA are known. They are very close, but still not similar enoght so that Humans and Neanderthl can/could have common offspring with Chimps 

4 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

It is nothing but the comparison of similarities between modern humans & neanderthals. So modern humans DNA is said to have 96% similarity with of Chimps DNA. That doesn't makes us the descendant of chimps. What these similarities mention, are the existence of Common Creator instead of Common Ancestor.

:) I don't mind at all if you want to base your understanding on imperfect knowledge which changes as per time. All is based on assumption of LUCA.  

I believe it is 98%. Still this is too much difference for humans and chimps to have common offspring. (The number of chromosomes also differ). Humans and Neanderthals have had common offsprings, which is why you and I have some Neanderthal ancestors. Probably the same guys!   Only thery lived at least 40.000 years ago. 2 million generations.(!!!) 

According to Science, Chimps are not our ancestors. Chimps and Humans have common ancestors way back in time. I know Muslims cannot believe this. Many Christians also cant. 

6 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

family-tree-of-prophets.jpg?w=819&h=614

From Adam to Nuh, 9 generations or 300 years. Human race would not have had time to spread far away from Mesopotamia. No more than a few thousands humans inhabited the earth. From Nuh to Muhammed 74 generations.  Adam would have lived around 2.500 BC 

Where did you find this table?

2 hours ago, andres said:

I am certain we do. Human, Neanderthal and Chimpansee DNA are known. They are very close, but still not similar enoght so that Humans and Neanderthl can/could have common offspring with Chimps 

Do you know brother that banana & humans DNA similarity ratio is 60%?

Our DNA is similar to cattle, mice, cats etc in different percentages (but greater than 60%).

And every human individual DNA is not 100% similar, there is a variation of 0.1% in the similarity ratio of every human DNA.

So this similarity story is useless, at least for me.

1 hour ago, andres said:

Adam would have lived around 2.500 BC 

This figure alone is the age of Prophet Noah, as per our hadith books.

1 hour ago, andres said:

Where did you find this table?

Google it & you will find the link.

Do you know brother that banana & humans DNA similarity ratio is 60%?

Our DNA is similar to cattle, mice, cats etc in different percentages (but greater than 60%).

And every human individual DNA is not 100% similar, there is a variation of 0.1% in the similarity ratio of every human DNA.

So this similarity story is useless, at least for me.

The DNA codes are actual very simple. They consist of only 4 different molecules. It is the order in which they are placed that make the difference between apes, men and bananas. Bakterias, the most simple organisms use the same 4 molecules. A very strong evidence for evolution. For you probably useless evidence.

This figure alone is the age of Prophet Noah, as per our hadith books.

Google it & you will find the link.

Hadiths are not more reliable than the Torah. The table you present is not from the Torah and not from the Quran. Dont know who composed it, and I am so certain that wikipedia will not tell so I have not bothered to look. 

37 minutes ago, andres said:

The DNA codes are actual very simple. They consist of only 4 different molecules. It is the order in which they are placed that make the difference between apes, men and bananas. Bakterias, the most simple organisms use the same 4 molecules. A very strong evidence for evolution. For you probably useless evidence.

Hi this video is not directly about Noah & Flood but explains origin of Life from shia view & sacred geometry 

Who are the eight that carry throne of Allah !?

11 hours ago, andres said:

The DNA codes are actual very simple

Yes very simple with 3 billion base pairs.

11 hours ago, andres said:

A very strong evidence for evolution. For you probably useless evidence.

:) I am not the denier of process of "change" (evolution). Everything in this universe is changing. Quran discuss that change too. 

Surah Al-Insan, Verse 28:
نَّحْنُ خَلَقْنَاهُمْ وَشَدَدْنَا أَسْرَهُمْ وَإِذَا شِئْنَا بَدَّلْنَا أَمْثَالَهُمْ تَبْدِيلًا

We created them and made firm their make, and when We please We will bring in their place the likes of them by a change.
(English - Shakir)

Here "likeness" or similarity is mentioned by Allah. And again here too is mentioned the same principal i.e., new creation comes after the extinction of older one as the above quoted verse says "We will bring in their places likes of them".

I believe in Quran and the evolution mentioned in it. I believe in common creator instead of the assumption of common ancestor, which cannot even prove which comes first RNA or DNA.

Yes very simple with 3 billion base pairs.

I believe in Quran and the evolution mentioned in it. I believe in common creator instead of the assumption of common ancestor, which cannot even prove which comes first RNA or DNA.

The order of the base pairs is complicated. The simple thing is that there are only 4 of them. 

If God started evolution, all Mammals have common ancestors. As evolution theory says.

13 hours ago, andres said:

If God started evolution, all Mammals have common ancestors. As evolution theory says.

I don't have that "if" in my dictionary. I believe God exists and He has started the evolution and He has said this too:

قَالَ يَا إِبْلِيسُ مَا مَنَعَكَ أَن تَسْجُدَ لِمَا خَلَقْتُ بِيَدَيَّ أَسْتَكْبَرْتَ أَمْ كُنتَ مِنَ الْعَالِينَ
"He said: O Iblis! what prevented you that you should do obeisance to him whom I created with My two hands? Are you proud or are you of the exalted ones?" (38:75)

You see in the above verse "two hands", if evolution is considered as one of His hand, which one was the second hand? Indeed evolution seems to be His hand when we see the following verses:

وَقَدْ خَلَقَكُمْ أَطْوَارًا
"And indeed He has created you through various grades" (71:14)

وَاللَّهُ أَنْبَتَكُمْ مِنَ الْأَرْضِ نَبَاتًا
" And Allah has made you grow out of the earth as a growth" (71:17)

وَجَعَلْنَا مِنَ الْمَاء كُلَّ شَيْءٍ
"and We have made of water everything living," (21:30)

But He also said that the creation of Adam is happened somewhere else, not on earth. So there is no question of common ancestor of Adam (a.s) as per our belief. 

Lets now see how Allah has mentioned us the creation of Adam (a.s):

وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ مِنْ صَلْصَالٍ مِنْ حَمَإٍ مَسْنُونٍ {26}

[Shakir 15:26] And certainly We created man of clay that gives forth sound, of black mud fashioned in shape.

We don't know what was the source of that black mud. Perhaps it belongs to Earth that's why we have the similarity in DNA structures as compared to other mammals/living things exist on Earth. Now considering your claim that all mammals have common ancestor, can you tell me what are the basis of this claim? Similarity in DNA or something else? And why you have restricted the common ancestor to mammals only? Why not a Universal Common Ancestor for all life exist on earth from the very beginning, including the extinct species. 

The best thing about DNA is the information it stores. How a chemical molecule or a protein become information? Why the DNA need information to function? And if protein is its source of information, I often wonder what is the chemistry of knowledge? Why not that very protein becomes source of information for us so that we know every secret of this Universe and know all the hidden truth? Instead of difficult procedure of learning & knowing, it would be easy for us to just take some proteins and increase our knowledge. 

FAMILY TREE

Scientists have reconstructed the genome of the first animal that lived 650 million years ago

A peacock displays his plumage as part of a courtship ritual to attract a mate, at a park in London, Britain, May 4, 2018. REUTERS/Toby Melville - RC14F4F1FE00
It probably did not look like this. (Reuters/Toby Melville)
WRITTEN BY
May 06, 2018

Evolution holds that we all came from a single animal. But what was this animal like?

Two scientists set out to explore out how a single-celled organism evolved into the multitude of species we have on Earth today and did so by drawing an animal family tree, according to the New York Times(paywall). They chose 62 species for the family tree—from invertebrates to single-celled protozoans—and examined their DNA to find commonalities, making a list of 1.5 million protein-coding genes.

They found 6,331 genes present in the common ur-ancestor of all animals on Earth.

In a study published in Nature, Jordi Paps, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Essex and Peter Holland, an Oxford University zoologist, say 55% of the genes in the human genome were present in this ur-animal, which is thought to have lived over 650 million years ago.

We don’t know what the animal looked like or how it lived. But Paps has a theory of how it evolved; he told the Times that an evolutionary burst of new genes in early animals may have been due to an environment that triggered many mutations, or that animal ancestors gradually accumulated all these new genes over eons.

Some of these genes have been evolved billions of years ago, some more recently—that would sit with earlier studies that found evolution gave new jobs to old genes. Paps said sometimes a random string of DNA can mutate and begin producing a protein, or a gene can accidentally duplicate and these duplicates can eventually produce a new kind of protein.

https://qz.com/1271292/scientists-reconstructed-the-genome-of-the-first-animal-that-lived-650-million-years-ago/

The Peacock

peacock.gif

The most amazing among them

is the peacock in its creation,

which Allah has created

in the finest harmony

and arranged its hues

in the best composition,

with wings well tacked together

and a long trailing tail.

(Sermon 165)

مَغْمُوسٌ فِي لَوْنِ صِبْغ قَدْ طُوِّقَ بِخِلاَفِ مَا صُبِغَ بِهِ.

About the Peacock

الطاووس

The most amazing among them in its creation is the peacock, which Allah has created in the most symmetrical dimensions, and arranged its hues in the best arrangement with wings whose ends are inter-leaved together and whose tail is long. When it moves to its female it spreads out its folded tail and raises it up so as to cast a shade over its head, as if it were the sail of a boat being pulled by the sailor. It feels proud of its colours and swaggers with its movements. It copulates like the cocks. It leaps (on the female) for fecundation like lustful energetic men at the time of fighting.

وَمِنْ أَعْجَبِهَا خَلْقاً الطَّاوُوسُ، الَّذِي أَقَامَهُ فِي أَحْكَمِ تَعْدِيل، وَنَضَّدَ أَلْوَانَهُ فِي أَحْسَنِ تَنْضِيد، بِجَنَاح أَشْرَجَ قَصَبَهُ، وَذَنَب أَطَالَ مَسْحَبَهُ. إذَا دَرَجَ إلَى الاْنْثَى نَشَرَهُ مِنْ طَيِّهِ، وَسَمَا بِهِ مُطِلاًّ عَلَى رَأْسِهِ كَأَنَّهُ قِلْعُ دَارِيّ عَنَجَهُ نُوتِيُّهُ.

يَخْتَالُ بِأَلْوَانِهِ، وَيَمِيسُ بِزَيَفَانِهِ، يُفْضِي كَإفْضَاءِ الدِّيَكَةِ، وَيَؤُرُّ بِمَلاَقِحِهِ أَرَّ الْفُحُولِ الْمُغْتَلِمَةِ لِلضِّرَابِ

I am telling you all this from observation, unlike he who narrates on the basis of weak authority, as for example, ....

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-1-sermons/sermon-165-Allah-has-provided-wonderful-creations#about-peacock

I don't have that "if" in my dictionary. I believe God exists and He has started the evolution and He has said this too:

We don't know what was the source of that black mud. Perhaps it belongs to Earth that's why we have the similarity in DNA structures as compared to other mammals/living things exist on Earth. Now considering your claim that all mammals have common ancestor, can you tell me what are the basis of this claim? Similarity in DNA or something else? And why you have restricted the common ancestor to mammals only? 

I also believe that God started evolution. He did not create us from clay, as also the Bible and Sumerians believed. But it is a belief, not a fact. Therefore "if".

It may have sounded as if I restrict our ancestors to Mammals only. I dont. Bacterias DNA are composed of the same 4 bases, composed of the same 5 chemical elements. You need lots of fantasy to find evolution described in the Bible and Quran.

19 minutes ago, andres said:

I also believe that God started evolution. He did not create us from clay, as also the Bible and Sumerians believed. But it is a belief, not a fact. Therefore "if".

It may have sounded as if I restrict our ancestors to Mammals only. I dont. Bacterias DNA are composed of the same 4 bases, composed of the same 5 chemical elements. You need lots of fantasy to find evolution described in the Bible and Quran.

Description of the Creation of Adam

منها: في صفة خلق آدم (عليه السلام)

Allah collected from hard, soft, sweet and sour earth, clay which He dripped in water till it got pure, and kneaded it with moisture till it became gluey. From it He carved an image with curves, joints, limbs and segments. He solidified it till it dried up for a fixed time and a known duration. Then He blew into it out of His Spirit whereupon it took the pattern of a human being with mind that governs him, intelligence which he makes use of, limbs that serve him, organs that change his position, sagacity that differentiates between truth and untruth, tastes and smells, colours and species. He is a mixture of clays of different colours, cohesive materials, divergent contradictories and differing properties like heat, cold, softness and hardness, grief and joy.

ثُمَّ جَمَعَ سُبْحَانَهُ مِنْ حَزْنِ الاْرْضِ وَسَهْلِهَا، وَعَذْبِهَا وَسَبَخِهَا، تُرْبَةً سَنَّهَا بالمَاءِ حَتَّى خَلَصَتْ، وَلاَطَهَا بِالبَلَّةِ حَتَّى لَزَبَتْ، فَجَبَلَ مِنْها صُورَةً ذَاتَ أَحْنَاء وَوُصُول، وَأَعْضَاء وَفُصُول: أَجْمَدَهَا حَتَّى اسْتَمْسَكَتْ، وَأَصْلَدَهَا حَتَّى صَلْصَلَتْ، لِوَقْت مَعْدُود، وَأجَل مَعْلُوم، ثُمَّ نَفَخَ فِيها مِنْ رُوحِهِ فَمَثُلَتْ إِنْساناً ذَا أَذْهَان يُجيلُهَا، وَفِكَر يَتَصَرَّفُ بِهَا، وَجَوَارِحَ يَخْتَدِمُهَا، وَأَدَوَات يُقَلِّبُهَا، وَمَعْرِفَة يَفْرُقُ بِهَا بَيْنَ الحَقِّ وَالبَاطِلِ، والاَذْوَاقِ والَمشَامِّ، وَالاْلوَانِ وَالاْجْنَاس، مَعْجُوناً بطِينَةِ الاْلوَانِ الُمخْتَلِفَةِ، وَالاَشْبَاهِ المُؤْتَلِفَةِ، وَالاْضْدَادِ المُتَعَادِيَةِ، والاْخْلاطِ المُتَبَايِنَةِ، مِنَ الحَرِّ والبَرْدِ، وَالبَلَّةِ وَالْجُمُودِ، وَالْمَساءَةِ وَالسُّرُورِ،

Then Allah asked the angels to fulfil His promise with them and to accomplish the pledge of His injunction to them by acknowledging Him through prostration to Him and submission to His honoured position. So Allah said:

Be prostrate towards Adam and they prostrated except Iblis (Satan).” (Qur’an, 2:34; 7:11; 17:61; 18:50; 20:116)

Self-importance withheld him and vice overcame him. So that he took pride in his own creation with fire and treated contemptuously the creation of clay. So Allah allowed him time in order to let him fully deserve His wrath, and to complete (man’s) test and to fulfil the promise (He had made to Satan). Thus, He said:

Verily you have been allowed time till the known Day. “ (Qur’an, 15:38; 38:81)

وَاسْتَأْدَى اللهُ سُبْحَانَهُ المَلائكَةَ وَدِيعَتَهُ لَدَيْهِمْ، وَعَهْدَ وَصِيَّتِهِ إِلَيْهمْ، في الاْذْعَانِ بالسُّجُودِ لَهُ، وَالخُنُوعِ لِتَكْرِمَتِهِ، فَقَالَ عزَّمِن قائِل: ( اسْجُدُوا لاِدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إِلاَّ إِبْلِيسَ)، اعْتَرَتْهُ الحَمِيَّةُ، وَغَلَبَتْ عَلَيْهِ الشِّقْوَةُ، وَتَعَزَّزُ بِخِلْقَةِ النَّارِ، وَاسْتَوْهَنَ خَلْقَ الصَّلْصَالِ، فَأَعْطَاهُ اللهُ تَعالَى النَّظِرَةَ اسْتِحْقَاقاً لِلسُّخْطَةِ، وَاسْتِتْماماً لِلْبَلِيَّةِ، وَإِنْجَازاً لِلْعِدَةِ، فَقَالَ: (إنَّكَ مِنَ المُنْظَرِينَ إِلَى يَوْمِ الْوَقْتِ الْمَعْلُومِ)

Thereafter, Allah inhabited Adam (p.b.u.h.) in a house where He made his life pleasant and his stay safe, and He cautioned him of Iblis and his enmity. Then his enemy (Iblis) envied his abiding in Paradise and his contacts with the virtuous. So he changed his conviction into wavering and determination into weakness. He thus converted his happiness into fear and his prestige into shame. Then Allah offered to Adam (p.b.u.h.) the chance to repent, taught him words of His Mercy, promised him return to His Paradise and sent him down to the place of trial and procreation of progeny.

ثُمَّ أَسْكَنَ سُبْحَانَهُ آدَمَ دَاراً أرْغَدَ فِيهَاعَيْشَهُ، وَآمَنَ فِيهَا مَحَلَّتَهُ، وَحَذَّرَهُ إِبْلِيسَ وَعَدَاوَتَهُ، فَاغْتَرَّهُ عَدُوُّهُ نَفَاسَةً عَلَيْهِ بِدَارِ الْمُقَامِ، وَمُرَافَقَةِ الاْبْرَارِ، فَبَاعَ الْيَقِينَ بِشَكِّهِ، وَالعَزِيمَةَ بِوَهْنِهِ، وَاسْتَبْدَلَ بِالْجَذَلِ وَجَلاً، وَبِالاْغْتِرَارِ نَدَماً.

ثُمَّ بَسَطَ اللهُ سُبْحَانَهُ لَهُ في تَوْبَتِهِ، وَلَقَّاهُ كَلِمَةَ رَحْمَتِهِ، وَوَعَدَهُ المَرَدَّ إِلَى جَنَّتِهِ، فَأَهْبَطَهُ إِلَى دَارِ الَبَلِيَّةِ، وَتَنَاسُلِ الذُّرِّيَّةِ.

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-1-sermons/sermon-1-praise-due-Allah-whose-worth-cannot-be-descrive#description-creation-adam

18 minutes ago, andres said:

He did not create us from clay, as also the Bible and Sumerians believed

:) Are you unaware of the latest scientific research? Lets me quote some paragraphs & links for you:

In 1949, the Irish scientist J.D. Bernal suggested that clay minerals may have created a meeting place for life's first molecules. Such a scenario could explain how the randomly dispersed molecules of life managed to come together in the diffuse primordial soup.

Cairns-Smith's idea takes Bernal's theory a step further. In his view, clay mineral layers not only attracted certain chemicals from the environment to their surfaces, the mineral layers also acted as the first genetic information carriers, much as the base pairs in DNA do today.

"The objects that I'm particularly interested in are mixed-layered crystals, in which the crystal structure consists of beautifully formed layers packed on top of each other, but with an arbitrary sequence," says Cairns-Smith. "In that respect, they're like a DNA molecule, which has base pairs, little platelets inside it which are stacked on top of each other. It is the sequence of this stacking which creates the information."

Cairns-Smith doesn't think the clay mineral crystals were "alive" anymore than a DNA sample is thought to be alive. Instead, by acting as the first genetic materials for early life, clay mineral crystals created a link between the worlds of inorganic and organic chemistry.

https://www.space.com/6456-life-crystal-code.html

Another link describes this:

With colleagues Professor Neal Skipper from UCL, Dr Martin Smalley from York University and Dr Chris Greenwell from Durham University he replaced the cationsbetween the layers making up natural clay molecules with weakly bound organic cations, causing the clay layers to drift apart. 
That created an extremely sensitive clay system with sufficient space to insert both left-handed and right-handed forms of the amino acid histidine between the layers.

‘We found that the R- and S-histidine molecules interact differently with the clay surfaces. These clays are abiotically able to select for chirality – left- or right-handedness – as well as being implicated in the abiotic synthesis of RNA,’ Professor Fraser says. ‘Our experiments were the first to show that clay molecules could do that.

‘We also found that the tiny interlayer space some 5nm wide was a very important dynamic region for studying prebiotic chemistry and that the reactions of simple chemicals there leads to the formation both of RNA oligomers and the selection of left-handed amino acids.’

Clays have also been shown by Jack Szostak and others to enable fatty acids to form primitive cells and, interestingly, clays show similar selective behaviour in space, as reported recently by the NASA scientists Glavin and Dworkin.

Amino acids contained in the meteorites Murchison and Orgueil show enrichment in S-amino acids and this correlates with the amount of intrinsic hydrous clay present in these primitive meteorites that are 4.55 billion years old. ‘The amino acid studied – isovaline – cannot be a contaminant as it is not found in terrestrial living systems,’ Professor Fraser explains. ‘We are thus building an increasingly detailed picture of the steps that lead to the origin of life.

http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/science-blog/did-clay-mould-life’s-origins

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160823-the-idea-that-life-began-as-clay-crystals-is-50-years-old

And here is the important one:

Clay, a seemingly infertile blend of minerals, might have been the birthplace of life on Earth. Or at least of the complex biochemicals that make life possible, Cornell University biological engineers report in the Nov. 7 online issue of the journal Scientific Reports, published by Nature Publishing.

"We propose that in early geological history clay hydrogel provided a confinement function for biomolecules and biochemical reactions," said Dan Luo, professor of biological and environmental engineering and a member of the Kavli Institute at Cornell for Nanoscale Science.

In simulated ancient seawater, clay forms a hydrogel -- a mass of microscopic spaces capable of soaking up liquids like a sponge. Over billions of years, chemicals confined in those spaces could have carried out the complex reactions that formed proteins, DNA and eventually all the machinery that makes a living cell work. Clay hydrogels could have confined and protected those chemical processes until the membrane that surrounds living cells developed.

8 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Description of the Creation of Adam

منها: في صفة خلق آدم (عليه السلام)

Allah collected from hard, soft, sweet and sour earth, clay which He dripped in water till it got pure, and kneaded it with moisture till it became gluey. From it He carved an image with curves, joints, limbs and segments. He solidified it till it dried up for a fixed time and a known duration. Then He blew into it out of His Spirit whereupon it took the pattern of a human being with mind that governs him, intelligence which he makes use of, limbs that serve him, organs that change his position, sagacity that differentiates between truth and untruth, tastes and smells, colours and species. He is a mixture of clays of different colours, cohesive materials, divergent contradictories and differing properties like heat, cold, softness and hardness, grief and joy.

Not that different from the Bible. In my part of the world, before we converted to Christianity, Earth was said to have been created by the Gods Wothan and Thor from the corps of the giant Ymer. 

6 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

:) Are you unaware of the latest scientific research? Lets me quote some paragraphs & links for you:

https://www.space.com/6456-life-crystal-code.html

"Allah collected from hard, soft, sweet and sour earth, clay which He dripped in water till it got pure, and kneaded it with moisture till it became gluey. From it He carved an image with curves, joints, limbs and segments. He solidified it till it dried up for a fixed time and a known duration."

This has got nothing to do with the theory of Evolution.

6 minutes ago, andres said:

"Allah collected from hard, soft, sweet and sour earth, clay which He dripped in water till it got pure, and kneaded it with moisture till it became gluey. From it He carved an image with curves, joints, limbs and segments. He solidified it till it dried up for a fixed time and a known duration."

This has got nothing to do with the theory of Evolution.

This is the description of creation of Adam (a.s) so how can it be linked to evolution theory? 

11 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

This is the description of creation of Adam (a.s) so how can it be linked to evolution theory? 

Did I say so?  No. The Biblical story has got nothing to do with evolution. 

4 hours ago, andres said:

Did I say so?  No. The Biblical story has got nothing to do with evolution. 

What is mentioned above in the sermon of Imam Ali (asws), did involve evolution as Allah (s.w.t) never said "Be" (Kun) for all those steps mentioned above i.e., :

5 hours ago, andres said:

Allah collected from hard, soft, sweet and sour earth, clay which He dripped in water till it got pure, and kneaded it with moisture till it became gluey. From it He carved an image with curves, joints, limbs and segments. He solidified it till it dried up for a fixed time and a known duration."

2 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

What is mentioned above in the sermon of Imam Ali (asws), did involve evolution as Allah (s.w.t) never said "Be" (Kun) for all those steps mentioned above i.e., :

What difference does is make if Allah did or did not say "Be"?  I dont understand. 

On 5/4/2018 at 4:19 PM, Salsabeel said:

While I think it means earth. Why? Because of what has been said by Prophet Noah in his dua "alal-ardh" which means upon Earth.

Allah (s.w.t) has introduced Himself as Creator of "Assamawate wal ardh". Does it means land or ground here?

Now lets see the verses I want to present before you in support of my point of view:

وَيَعْلَمُ مَا فِي الْبَرِّ وَالْبَحْرِ وَمَا تَسْقُطُ مِن وَرَقَةٍ إِلاَّ يَعْلَمُهَا وَلاَ حَبَّةٍ فِي ظُلُمَاتِ الأَرْضِ وَلاَ رَطْبٍ وَلاَ يَابِسٍ إِلاَّ فِي كِتَابٍ مُّبِينٍ

6:59

Here "Al-barra" means ground or land while " fee Zulumaat ul Ardh" means in darkness of the earth.

Surah Al-Anaam, Verse 59:
وَعِندَهُ مَفَاتِحُ الْغَيْبِ لَا يَعْلَمُهَا إِلَّا هُوَ وَيَعْلَمُ مَا فِي الْبَرِّ وَالْبَحْرِ وَمَا تَسْقُطُ مِن وَرَقَةٍ إِلَّا يَعْلَمُهَا وَلَا حَبَّةٍ فِي ظُلُمَاتِ الْأَرْضِ وَلَا رَطْبٍ وَلَا يَابِسٍ إِلَّا فِي كِتَابٍ مُّبِينٍ

And with Him are the keys of the unseen treasures-- none knows them but He; and He knows what is in the land and the sea, and there falls not a leaf but He knows it, nor a grain in the darkness of the earth, nor anything green nor dry but (it is all) in a clear book.
(English - Shakir)

Surah Ar-Rad, Verse 4:
وَفِي الْأَرْضِ قِطَعٌ مُّتَجَاوِرَاتٌ وَجَنَّاتٌ مِّنْ أَعْنَابٍ وَزَرْعٌ وَنَخِيلٌ صِنْوَانٌ وَغَيْرُ صِنْوَانٍ يُسْقَىٰ بِمَاءٍ وَاحِدٍ وَنُفَضِّلُ بَعْضَهَا عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ فِي الْأُكُلِ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِّقَوْمٍ يَعْقِلُونَ

And in the earth there are tracts side by side and gardens of grapes and corn and palm trees having one root and (others) having distinct roots-- they are watered with one water, and We make some of them excel others in fruit; most surely there are signs in this for a people who understand.
(English - Shakir)

Surah At-Talaq, Verse 12:
اللَّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَ سَبْعَ سَمَاوَاتٍ وَمِنَ الْأَرْضِ مِثْلَهُنَّ يَتَنَزَّلُ الْأَمْرُ بَيْنَهُنَّ لِتَعْلَمُوا أَنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ وَأَنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ أَحَاطَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عِلْمًا

Allah is He Who created seven heavens, and of the earth the like of them; the decree continues to descend among them, that you may know that Allah has power over all things and that Allah indeed encompasses all things in (His) knowledge.
(English - Shakir)

When Nuh (a) performed the Dua it's very normal to say that. I don't think a prophet would pray to God to "Allah please destroy pagans of Sumeria but keep the Greek pagans".

Other than that we have tons of proofs of floods occurring in Mesopotamia since the Euphrates and the Tigris were known for not being able to be expected.

Edited by M.IB