Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Marbles

504 Gateway Time-out

Rate this topic

31 minutes ago, Marbles said:

03:24 PM PKT

Gone for about an hour.

Mashallah, it's getting "better and better."

That happened to me too, right when I tried to post. I am proud of myself for being very patient and not refreshing the page, thus avoiding double post.

6 minutes ago, notme said:

That happened to me too, right when I tried to post. I am proud of myself for being very patient and not refreshing the page, thus avoiding double post.

Waiting nearly an hour to refresh a page? 

You have patience of Job.

I'm surprised my mouse is still not broken.

Just now, Marbles said:

Waiting nearly an hour to refresh a page? 

You have patience of Job.

Lol, not really. I opened a new browser tab which I repeatedly refreshed. 

I was actually thinking of being more active during this month, however after today I've changed my plans. 

If you want a surefire way to ruin your fast, trying to open shiachat is the way to do it. 

I'm not blaming to the admins,  I'm blaming the Internet. 

Edited by Ali_Hussain

5 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

I was actually thinking of being more active during this month, however after today I've changed my plans. 

If you want a surefire way to ruin your fast, trying to open shiachat is the way to do it. 

I'm not blaming to the admins,  I'm blaming the Internet. 

All I wanted to do is to kill some free time this afternoon before the iftar. But SC gateway error wouldn't let me. I have determined twice to "take a break" from this place but so far haven't succeeded in staying away. 

I was writing a post and then l3nat on 504 pervented my post from showing up.  It is frequently occuring throughout the day @Ali @Ya Aba 3abdillah @Abbas.

Can this be officially addressed once and for all?

@Hameedeh @Abu Hadi @notme

On 31/05/2017 at 11:11 PM, Laayla said:

I was writing a post and then l3nat on 504 pervented my post from showing up.  It is frequently occuring throughout the day @Ali @Ya Aba 3abdillah @Abbas.

Can this be officially addressed once and for all?

@Hameedeh @Abu Hadi @notme

it seems to be an issue that cant be resolved easily

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E504.html

This problem is entirely due to slow IP communication between back-end computers, possibly including the Web server. Only the people who set up the network at the site which hosts the Web server can fix this problem.

I don't know much about this, but I am assuming that it is something to do with the ISP, rather than the forum itself. if I am right, then i'm guessing there isn't much that admins could do, other than moving to another host or whatever. 

i could be talking rubbish though. All i know is what i googled lol

2 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

it seems to be an issue that cant be resolved easily

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E504.html

I don't know much about this, but I am assuming that it is something to do with the ISP, rather than the forum itself. if I am right, then i'm guessing there isn't much that admins could do, other than moving to another host or whatever. 

i could be talking rubbish though. All i know is what i googled lol

504 error code in nginx usually means that upstream server (such as PHP handler)  that the web server nginx sent a request, didn't give a response within a period of time. In this shiachat case I suppose there are some errors configuration on the PHP handler, the webserver, or the database.

14 hours ago, 000 said:

504 error code in nginx usually means that upstream server (such as PHP handler)  that the web server nginx sent a request, didn't give a response within a period of time. In this shiachat case I suppose there are some errors configuration on the PHP handler, the webserver, or the database.

The US has blown over a $Trillion in cyber-espionage since 2001 and this is the "best" sneeking and peeking they can do?  :hahaha:

Note that Trill also includes infrastructure built and then abandoned, misplaced, lost off the organizational charts, and-so-it-goes-forth