Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Simra Abbas said:

S/W,

Is the excreta(droppings) of a common house gecko(lizard) najis? 

85. Urine and faeces of the following living beings are najis:
Human beings Animals whose meat is haraam to eat, and whose blood gushes out forcefully when its large vein (jugular) is slit.
The excretion of those animals who are haraam to eat, but its blood does not gush forth forcefully when killed, like haraam fish, is Pak. Similarly, droppings of mosquito and flies are Pak. Of course, the urine of an animal whose meat is haraam, should be avoided as per obligatory precaution, even if its blood does not gush forth when killed.

4 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

85. Urine and faeces of the following living beings are najis:
Human beings Animals whose meat is haraam to eat, and whose blood gushes out forcefully when its large vein (jugular) is slit.
The excretion of those animals who are haraam to eat, but its blood does not gush forth forcefully when killed, like haraam fish, is Pak. Similarly, droppings of mosquito and flies are Pak. Of course, the urine of an animal whose meat is haraam, should be avoided as per obligatory precaution, even if its blood does not gush forth when killed.

I've already read this! But there's no mention of lizards and other reptiles here, that's why I'm asking on this forum!!

4 hours ago, Simra Abbas said:

I've already read this! But there's no mention of lizards and other reptiles here, that's why I'm asking on this forum!!

:salam:

Already tried to search for tortoises and turtles, but did not found anything. 

Looks like you will have to slice its throat in order to find out if blood gushes forth... 

Lizards are haram to eat. As for their blood, lizards (as well as all reptiles) do have a heart and two circulatory systems, and blood doesn't leave the vessels. Thus, there is blood pressure and, indeed, if you chop them off, the blood will come out with a certain degree of pressure. It would be more apparent in crocodiles, as they have a more developed heart and circulatory system. All in all, their droppings are najis, whatever the reptile.

Anyway, if still in doubt, you can always chop the lizard's head off lol.

Edited by Bakir