Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SIAR14

Can we be certain about Allah's decision.

Rate this topic

There are verses where Quran clearly states how Allah is going to punish wrongdoers, hypocrites and those who didn't believe in Allah and his Messengers. But can we be certain about that Allah is surely going to put non-Muslim and wrongdoers in Hell? Can we say such things absolutely or do we have to leave this on Allah?  There are 2 purpose I am asking this question, kindly give answer according to that prescriptive.

1. When I tell someone, non-muslim will not go to heaven, I feel little hesitated (I don't know why), I just want to confirm isn't it part of our believe to be clear that Allah mercy is for Muslims and only pure ones are going to Heaven.

2. I openly tell my friends even cruel Muslim who did wrong will not go to heaven, but they say "You should not say such thing as you don't know they might have repent and this decision only belongs to Allah". Is that so? Did Allah prohibit us to say such things, even regarding cruel rulers? 

Edited by SIAR14

1 hour ago, SIAR14 said:

There are verses where Quran clearly states how Allah is going to punish wrongdoers, hypocrites and those who didn't believe in Allah and his Messengers. But can we be certain about that Allah is surely going to put non-Muslim and wrongdoers in Hell? Can we say such things absolutely or do we have to leave this on Allah?  There are 2 purpose I am asking this question, kindly give answer according to that prescriptive.

1. When I tell someone, non-muslim will not go to heaven, I feel little hesitated (I don't know why), I just want to confirm isn't it part of our believe to be clear that Allah mercy is for Muslims and only pure ones are going to Heaven.

2. I openly tell my friends even cruel Muslim who did wrong will not go to heaven, but they say "You should not say such thing as you don't know they might have repent and this decision only belongs to Allah". Is that so? Did Allah prohibit us to say such things, even regarding cruel rulers? 

Salam,

Depending on who you ask, you will get a different answer.   The topic of this discussion is with regards to just to what degree is our religion inclusive of others.   And what is the criterion (or criteria) for being included and subsequently saved?  

Ayatollah Mutahhari has written about this topic and he shares his own perspective in his book (Divine Justice, or or another book of His that specifically deals with this topic called "Religious Plurlaism" or something like that.  You can easily find PDF versions of this book online or on al-Islam.org

bit this is is just one of the many perspectives.  But I highly recommend that you start from there at least.  

There are other perspectives like that of Dr. Seyyed Hossein Nasr.  This is the perespective I find closer to my heart.  Again, all material is readily available online.

Take care

ethereal  

10 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Ayatollah Mutahhari has written about this topic and he shares his own perspective in his book (Divine Justice

I found this for Divine justice https://www.al-islam.org/printpdf/book/export/html/40096 I hope this is full version.

10 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

There are other perspectives like that of Dr. Seyyed Hossein Nasr.  This is the perespective I find closer to my heart.

Can you please precisely explain what  Dr.Seyyed says and what is you perspective? This might help me have another opinion regarding my topic.

Edited by SIAR14

3 hours ago, SIAR14 said:

I found this for Divine justice https://www.al-islam.org/printpdf/book/export/html/40096 I hope this is full version.

Can you please precisely explain what  Dr.Seyyed says and what is you perspective? This might help me have another opinion regarding my topic.

https://www.al-islam.org/islam-and-religious-pluralism-ayatullah-murtadha-mutahhari

Edited by eThErEaL

23 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

My belief is that ahl-kitab can be bonafide believers just as there can be bonafide believers among Muslims.  This is not a belief really because this is at the level of yaqeen (certitude).  When one studies the mystical dimension of not only Islam but of other religious traditions which exist till today it becomes increasingly difficult to be a rigid religious exclusivist. 

This perspective is not really meant for everyone because it necessitates a much deeper grounding in tawhid and its implications.  It is a more mystical approach and as such goes beyond our minds (it requires our heart's intellect).  

I recommend you read this article by Sh. Shuja Ali Mirza.  

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/143944891/Shuja-Ali-Mirza-Third-of-the-Two-Resolving-the-Inclusive-Exclusive-Dichotomy-in-Religious-Thought

This approach Is also a good start for something more mystical.  So after reading mutahhari, you should read This last article and ten get into Nasr if you have the appetite for it.  

Edited by eThErEaL

1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

This approach Is also a good start for something more mystical.  So after reading mutahhari, you should read This last article and ten get into Nasr if you have the appetite for it.

JazakAllah brother :-). Highly obliged for you recommendations !!