Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is washing once enough to clean urine on the body

Rate this topic

Guest Syed

Salam, Im a 18 years old male, I was very ignorant in the matter of tahirat and used to wash hands containing urine once in a tap. And when there was some splashes of urine on my legs, I used to just take the shower, used soaps and ensured my legs were cleaned. But today I got to know that if the body is najis due to urine so one has to wash it atleast two times. So my question is, is my body was najis even after taking shower if I didnt wash my legs two times. Another question is my hands najis if i dont wash it two times, in tap, thou i used to wash it with soap for two times. 

• Moderators

This depends on who your marja' is. The majority of the maraji' say washing the urine once under kurr water (shower, tap water, hose, and etc.) is sufficient, but Sayed Sistani differs and says any urine on ones body or clothes must be washed twice with kurr water.

5 hours ago, MuslimahAK said:

What is Kurr water?

2 hours ago, notme said:

Large enough amount to fully submerge yourself, or a continuously flowing source. 

From what I've read, that's not how you judge whether a body of water is kurr or not, and running water is a distinct term, the amount of which may or may or not be kurr.

Kurr water - https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2117/

Running water - https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2119/

• Moderators
8 hours ago, IbnMariam said:

Thanks for the correction. I think I knew they were different but forgot. Water inside modern municipal plumbing would be considered kurr water per references provided above.

If water from the pipes fitted in bathrooms and buildings, pouring through taps and showers, is connected to a tank holding water equal to a Kurr, it will be treated as Kurr water.

• 4 years later...
  • Advanced Member
On 9/18/2017 at 5:25 AM, Hassan- said:

but Sayed Sistani differs and says any urine on ones body or clothes must be washed twice with kurr water.

*Upon obligatory precaution, which means that it is necessary to either follow the precaution or the fatwa of the next most qualified marja'.