Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabia

Cosmetics

Rate this topic

Guest Rabia

Allah loves beauty..when we go out of house who would not want to look good.. so what is the harm if we apply powder foundation.kajal .lipgloss etc. Who would like to go out looking dull

33 minutes ago, Guest Rabia said:

when we go out of house who would not want to look good.

Why do you want to look good for outsiders?  

Do you see no beauty in modesty and simple, clean clothes?  

8 hours ago, Guest Rabia said:

Allah loves beauty..when we go out of house who would not want to look good.. so what is the harm if we apply powder foundation.kajal .lipgloss etc. Who would like to go out looking dull

All cosmetics are haram. Why do you want men to look at you sexually? To chase after your body?

6 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

All cosmetics are haram.

Your post is overgeneralizing, so it's incorrect. Cosmetics is a category that includes skin cleansers, lotion, shampoo, hair products, perfume and cologne. All these items are not haram, unless they contain a haram ingredient, then another brand without haram ingredients can be purchased. If by cosmetics you mean make-up (makeup), then different marja have rulings on that.

2 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Your post is overgeneralizing, so it's incorrect. Cosmetics is a category that includes skin cleansers, lotion, shampoo, hair products, perfume and cologne. All these items are not haram, unless they contain a haram ingredient, then another brand without haram ingredients can be purchased. If by cosmetics you mean make-up (makeup), then different marja have rulings on that.

Makeup is haram. Except for eyeliner. 

1 hour ago, AfricanShia said:

Makeup is haram. Except for eyeliner. 

According to your marja, Ayatullah Sistani, Kohl is allowed for medical reason, not for beautification. If Kohl is eyeliner, then all other makeup is not permitted. Mascara is not the same thing as kohl:

1. Black kohl or other types of kohl, which are primarily used for beautification. Applying these as make-up is not permitted. However, their use is permitted for medical reasons.

2. Other types of kohl, which do not serve the purpose of beautification. These are permitted if their use is not intended as make-up, but it is better to refrain from them.

For all types of kohl, no penalty is incurred through their use. However, it is ahwaṯ-ul-awlā to make an expiation of a sheep if one has used a forbidden kind of kohl without a medical necessity.

http://www.najaf.org/books/202/?id=29#

Kohl is forbidden during the Hajj:

Edited by Hameedeh
To add the links.

I really don’t think makeup is harram because who doesn’t like to be beautiful. I like wearing makeup for my self because it is fun and in my opinion I look more prettier with it but the point is I like wearing it for myself. I think it depends on intention. If ur doing it to attract people’s attention in a bad way then obviously that’s harram but if other than that u do it for your confidence, entertainment or just being presentable then I don’t think that’s harram. Allah insists on taking care of yourself.

On 17/09/2017 at 2:45 PM, Guest Rabia said:

I would rather look dull then go to hell

thanks 

On 17/09/2017 at 2:01 PM, AfricanShia said:

All cosmetics are haram. Why do you want men to look at you sexually? To chase after your body?

@AfricanShia

Putting aside the fact that make-up is haraam, can a woman not want to look to good/better/presentable simply for her own self esteem/confidence/comfort? Why do men always think everything is about them? Why must everything be sexualised by men? Pot call kettle black!