Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Meesum_Mtl

Virtual Currencies

ShiaChat Mod

This topic is informational only. No advertisements or recommendations for specific dealers or brokers.

Message added by ShiaChat Mod

State-by-State the horrendous "Drug War" is finally coming to an end. It's never easy to being the first to do the right thing. Most wait until the coast-is-clear. But now the momentum is strong. Today Ron Paul talks about the states who are legalizing gold & silver as money once again. Wyoming specifically has started the ball rolling. Will sound money finally pick up steam? Be sure to read Ron Paul's "The Dollar Dilemma: Where to From Here?" http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/a... " 

7 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

@hasanhh Hi Hassan :) What made you go " Haha " at the previous comment ?

Remembering the Gold-Silver dual currency problems of the 19th Century.

Do you know Wm Jennings Bryan "Cross-of-Gold" Speech?

On 7/16/2018 at 11:52 AM, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

I have no idea about such a speech.

Search: Cross of Gold Speech, 08July1896

On 7/15/2018 at 6:45 PM, hasanhh said:

Remembering the Gold-Silver dual currency problems of the 19th Century.

Also known as bimetallicism.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/07/25/569249/Iran-closer-to-own-digital-money-as-sanctions-loom

Iran closer to own digital money as sanctions loom

Wed Jul 25, 2018 03:49PM

Iran says it is preparing to develop its own digital currency as a solution which officials in Tehran say would help the country dodge the returning US sanctions.

Iran says it is preparing to develop its own digital currency as a solution which officials in Tehran say would help the country dodge the returning US sanctions.

A plan to create an indigenous cryptocurrency was already on the agenda of the Directorate for Scientific and Technological Affairs of the Presidential Office, Iran’s media reported.

The announcement was made by Alireza Daliri, the Directorate’s deputy for management and investment affairs.

Daliri was quoted by ISNA news agency as saying that a large number of domestic knowledge-based companies had the expertise to develop digital currency. However, he emphasized, they would still have to work on removing pre-launch flaws. 

The official added that the companies were working over the project in cooperation with the Central Bank of Iran (CBI).

“We are trying to prepare the grounds to use a domestic digital currency in the country,” Daliri told ISNA.

“This currency would facilitate the transfer of money (to and from) anywhere in the world. Besides, it can help us at the time of sanctions.”

In May, US President Donald Trump announced that he would pull America out of a 2015 nuclear agreement with Iran and re-impose the sanctions that the deal had envisaged to be lifted.

He has already emphasized that the sanctions which would be imposed on Iran would be “at the highest level”.

The sanctions would include a universal ban on Iran over buying or acquiring US dollars which will come into force in August as well as restrictions over purchases of crude oil from the country and investing in its oil sector projects which will become effective by the start of November.

In related news, Iran’s media announced on Wednesday that the country had been able to develop its first national encrypted key based on the blockchain technology.

Based on a report by IRNA, the key would be introduced into Iran’s banking system within the next three months after the potential shortcoming would be removed. It could be accordingly used to support Iran’s national currency and then used as a ‘token’ for settling financial transactions by commercial banks.  

The banks would be able to develop smart contracts based on the properties of the same indigenous token and expand their required payment services including digital wallets. 

Edited by Hameedeh
Moderators can reduce the size of excessively large fonts to a standard size of 14.

Salam developer mode on android phones causes security problem for financial transactions 

https://doublepulsar.com/root-bridge-how-thousands-of-internet-connected-android-devices-now-have-no-security-and-are-b46a68cb0f20

Crypto ... Crash

"Crypto is Crashing Hard as Bitcoin falls below $6,000"

https://www.thisisinsider.com/bitcoin-price-august-14-entire-crypto-market-crashes-2018-8 

Bitcoin down 4.5%

Ethereum down 7.3%

XRP down 5.2%

Stellar down 7.8%

EOS down 6.3%

Litecoin down 10.1%

Bitcoin CASH down 7.9%

This is analyzed as a continuation of Emerging Market Currency "sell offs" reacting to the plummet in the Turkish Lira.

6 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Crypto ... Crash

"Crypto is Crashing Hard as Bitcoin falls below $6,000"

https://www.thisisinsider.com/bitcoin-price-august-14-entire-crypto-market-crashes-2018-8 

Bitcoin down 4.5%

Ethereum down 7.3%

XRP down 5.2%

Stellar down 7.8%

EOS down 6.3%

Litecoin down 10.1%

Bitcoin CASH down 7.9%

This is analyzed as a continuation of Emerging Market Currency "sell offs" reacting to the plummet in the Turkish Lira.

I am down 120k. I have lost all of my savings. Insha'Allah everything will be alright. 

@Mohammed-Mehdi

Keiser Report (evidently today's 14Aug)

@ <5 minutes  A good quip about quadrillion calculations to buy coffee.

@ 15 minutes  The Gov't and Guns theme: l do not agree as smuggling and blackmarket activities have always been around.

Also to add, money independent of gov't: what made gold a standard was the touchstone.

On 8/14/2018 at 4:44 PM, Ron_Burgundy said:

I am down 120k. I have lost all of my savings. Insha'Allah everything will be alright. 

When did you first buy and what are your major holdings?

How does a young person manage to have 120k savings? Unless that was the amount you had at the peak?

Edited by Muhammed Ali

On 8/19/2018 at 6:34 PM, Muhammed Ali said:

When did you first buy and what are your major holdings?

How does a young person manage to have 120k savings? Unless that was the amount you had at the peak?

Well, intially I invested like 10k and I made money out of crapy coins and by december I had around 120K profit. I sold all of my holding except couple and after that i started putting that money into top 100s (except bitcoin), and now its like crap. Fro instance I bought salt when it was $11 now it is around 0.45. 

15 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Well, intially I invested like 10k and I made money out of crapy coins and by december I had around 120K profit. I sold all of my holding except couple and after that i started putting that money into top 100s (except bitcoin), and now its like crap. Fro instance I bought salt when it was $11 now it is around 0.45. 

Does that mean you are back to where you started or maybe 50% down? That isn't too bad in the world of crypto. If you have invested in good projects that will survive the next few years then you will more than make your money back. I think a few projects right now are very undervalued (in comparison to their potential future values) and many are still highly overvalued. But if there is a bull run within the next year then even the bad projects might get back to their peak USD values. The biggest problem we face right now is the amount of BTC/ETH that the ICOs collected. They are probably the ones who would prolong the bear market.

I just saw this article on CNBC: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/20/after-the-bitcoin-boom-hard-lessons-for-cryptocurrency-investors.html

People were throwing 100s of thousands into crypto in the winter when prices were reaching insane levels. This is unfortunately how market psychology works. This crash is nothing compared to the upcoming multi-year housing crash that we are about to see in many major cities. Because a much bigger proportion of the economy is involved. Most people think it wont happen, but they haven't studied how bubbles work.

If you make back all your money and even make a profit, take it as a lesson on financial bubbles. We shouldn't buy during the mania phase.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

9 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Does that mean you are back to where you started or maybe 50% down? That isn't too bad in the world of crypto. If you have invested in good projects that will survive the next few years then you will more than make your money back. I think a few projects right now are very undervalued (in comparison to their potential future values) and many are still highly overvalued. But if there is a bull run within the next year then even the bad projects might get back to their peak USD values. The biggest problem we face right now is the amount of BTC/ETH that the ICOs collected. They are probably the ones who would prolong the bear market.

I just saw this article on CNBC: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/20/after-the-bitcoin-boom-hard-lessons-for-cryptocurrency-investors.html

People were throwing 100s of thousands into crypto in the winter when prices were reaching insane levels. This is unfortunately how market psychology works. This crash is nothing compared to the upcoming multi-year housing crash that we are about to see in many major cities. Because a much bigger proportion of the economy is involved. Most people think it wont happen, but they haven't studied how bubbles work.

If you make back all your money and even make a profit, take it as a lesson on financial bubbles. We shouldn't buy during the mania phase.

Well I am where i started. Some of my coins are long time investments I am not worried about them. I am going to wait like at least 5 years for longtime investment. However, shorterm investment is in loss. I need to get a house and i got no savings left. 

I am posting some of the recent " Keiser reports " because it might be beneficial while it is relevant to the(se) topic(s). I do not know much about these fields, the man Keiser himself and what he has said in the past, and also I do not trust RT as I would trust PRESSTV for example, or Ahlulbayt News Agency 

And Another  Loss:  Zaif

https://www.zdnet.com/article/zaif-cryptocurrency-exchange-loses-60-million-in-july-hack/ 

Here -and in the article- is a link to an article describing aspects of Blockchain:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/the-5-biggest-blockchain-myths-debunked/ 

Has anyone been buying recently? I think it is a good time to buy. It's better than being like those people who were oblivious to crypto over the last several years and then bought at the peak prices. The same will happen again.

But do much research first and use hardware wallets. And only buy what you can afford to lose.

I am only posting here because I want the good Shia to consider taking this subject more seriously because I believe there are big opportunities available in this field.

21 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Has anyone been buying recently? I think it is a good time to buy. It's better than being like those people who were oblivious to crypto over the last several years and then bought at the peak prices. The same will happen again.

But do much research first and use hardware wallets. And only buy what you can afford to lose.

I am only posting here because I want the good Shia to consider taking this subject more seriously because I believe there are big opportunities available in this field.

which of the currencies are you referring to