Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Meesum_Mtl

Virtual Currencies

ShiaChat Mod

This topic is informational only. No advertisements or recommendations for specific dealers or brokers.

Message added by ShiaChat Mod

Recommended Posts

Its funny how google decides to ban cryptocurrency ads because they want to protect peoples money, but have no problem with gambling ads.

The reason they dont want crypto currency to blow up and becoming adapted by the masses is because it will render to world wide USD control/sanction system, useless.

Same reason why Putin praises crypto currency, its all about control.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Its funny how google decides to ban cryptocurrency ads because they want to protect peoples money, but have no problem with gambling ads.

The reason they dont want crypto currency to blow up and becoming adapted by the masses is because it will render to world wide USD control/sanction system, useless.

Same reason why Putin praises crypto currency, its all about control.

 

absolutely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16March18  The news had a report about Plattsburgh(sp?) New York banning "mining" as the amount of electric power consumed was driving up peoples electric bills.

As l remember, in ~2000 it was said that personal computers and home office devices were already consuming 5% of the country's electric power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hasanhh said:

16March18  The news had a report about Plattsburgh(sp?) New York banning "mining" as the amount of electric power consumed was driving up peoples electric bills.

As l remember, in ~2000 it was said that personal computers and home office devices were already consuming 5% of the country's electric power.

Since when was is it a problem to send out high electricity bills to people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Facebook is a Surveillance Company --Ed Snowden

http://www.newsweek.com/edward-snowden-facebook-surveillance-company-851428 

as defined by its activities, analysis and access.

Sorry, l posted the wrong link.

Bitcoin is an Instrument of Surveillance --SigDev

https://news.bitcoin.com/snowden-releases-nsa-documents-showing-bitcoin-1-priority/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2018 at 9:02 PM, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Shouldn't a brother be allowed to advice his brother? For example if a brother's might be helped / is asking for an advice where to invest ?

Not on here. 

Rules of SC:

1. No matchmakers.

2. No financial advisors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2018 at 9:55 PM, Reza said:

Not on here. 

Rules of SC:

1. No matchmakers.

2. No financial advisors.

I could tell people how i feel about some coin. I am not telling them to buy them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-04-21 at 10:12 AM, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

why ?

One of the reasons I can think of is that not all adviser are sincere adviser. For example, there might be rumors that new partnership announcement will happen next week for coin X, I buy it two weeks before the announcement, then I advise everyone ells to buy it 1 week later and 1 day before the announcement I sell everything I have and then most likely the announcement comes out bad and even if it didnt I would have made money on the hype I created.

Then I would also later on be blamed when everyone makes a loss, etc, etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

This guy doesn't know anything about cryptocurrency. 

 

I agree that we cannot use bitcoin in everyday life, but we can't use gold as well. Bitcoin started this trend and it is like a digital gold. However, we need to consider altcoins and they are working and implementing payment system for regular daily life use. People criticized internet as well, but now its a part of our life. Same thing will happen with blackchain. Blockchain will bring revolution, and will do miracles. 

 

http://time.com/money/5178814/the-future-of-cryptocurrency/

Edited by Ron_Burgundy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

This guy doesn't know anything about cryptocurrency. 

. Same thing will happen with blackchain. Blockchain will bring revolution, and will do miracles. --l read this past week that many companies are exploring block chain as a means to secure their communications.

Ron, unless you can explain the intricacies of Blockchain, you know no more than anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Ron, unless you can explain the intricacies of Blockchain, you know no more than anyone else.

I don't need to explain as many people have done it. 

https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-is-blockchain-technology/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

So we forbid the sincere too? If the advice can be " backed-up " , then we could think and discuss it

I think there is no harm in tell your thought about a project. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

This guy doesn't know anything about cryptocurrency. 

I agree that we cannot use bitcoin in everyday life, but we can't use gold as well. Bitcoin started this trend and it is like a digital gold. However, we need to consider altcoins and they are working and implementing payment system for regular daily life use. People criticized internet as well, but now its a part of our life. Same thing will happen with blackchain. Blockchain will bring revolution, and will do miracles. 

http://time.com/money/5178814/the-future-of-cryptocurrency/

Article was from 

Bill Harris, former CEO of Intuit and founding CEO of PayPal and Personal Capital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Article was from 

Bill Harris, former CEO of Intuit and founding CEO of PayPal and Personal Capital.

Last year CEO of Goldman sachs was saying same thing, but now they are dealing in crytocurrency. 

 

  • Quote

    Goldman Sachs enlisted Justin Schmidt, a former trader, to be the first head of digital asset markets in the company's securities division. Schmidt began his role on April 16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Last year CEO of Goldman sachs was saying same thing, but now they are dealing in crytocurrency. 

 

  •  

Of course they will. 

A bunch of people give them an actual currency for fake / monopoly money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Of course they will. 

A bunch of people give them an actual currency for fake / monopoly money. 

We know that this paper money is not backed up by anything. Government could produce as much as they want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

We know that this paper money is not backed up by anything. Government could produce as much as they want. 

They are backed by the governments and economies of their respective countries.

What backing do cryptocurrencies have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2018 at 10:30 AM, Ron_Burgundy said:

I could tell people how i feel about some coin. I am not telling them to buy them. 

Yes that's fine. By "financial advice", I mean advice regarding someone's exact situation, and telling people specifics.

General statements about this or that currency is fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

They are backed by the governments and economies of their respective countries.

What backing do cryptocurrencies have?

Thats a beauty of it. Its not owned by anyone, and its backed by math and you can't cheat that. 

 

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-is-not-backed-by-anything-and-thats-ok-1413917586/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Thats a beauty of it. Its not owned by anyone, and its backed by math and you can't cheat that. 

 

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-is-not-backed-by-anything-and-thats-ok-1413917586/

Backed by math. What does that even mean?

I come up with the most convoluted algorithm and then charge people actual money to give them fake money. Beautiful!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Backed by math. What does that even mean?

I come up with the most convoluted algorithm and then charge people actual money to give them fake money. Beautiful!!! 

As l watched this morning, with cryptocurrencies you are at a loss to know what the current value of a currency is.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/the-bubble-dynamics-of-bitcoin    26April18

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

l could not find where a cyber attack actually "blew up" a steel furnace.

They make many claims but can't prove it ,its mostly a propaganda for them but it is good for information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

l do not think that "greatest" is the correct word, however,

"Bitcoin is the greatest scam in history"

https://www.recode.net/2018/4/24/17275202/bitcoin-scam-cryptocurrency-mining-pump-dump-fraud-ico-value 

The energy to power a home?

Several info points, from scam to electric power usage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.livemint.com/Money/3wU3b1IuMYZTl47zYkkcmN/Bitcoin-to-use-05-of-worlds-electricity-by-end-of-2018.html

Bitcoin to use 0.5% of world’s electricity by end of 2018

Edited by Hameedeh
[Mod Note: Moderators can reduce the size of excessively large fonts to a standard size of 14.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...