Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Simra Abbas

Muharram

Rate this topic

S/w,

I was looking if someone could help me! I am preparing for Pre-med exam(NEET) in India and I have an exam in my coaching institute on the 10th of Muharram. My mother wants me to give that exam but I'm VERY confused what to do! Can anyone help me? 

8 minutes ago, Simra Abbas said:

S/w,

I was looking if someone could help me! I am preparing for Pre-med exam(NEET) in India and I have an exam in my coaching institute on the 10th of Muharram. My mother wants me to give that exam but I'm VERY confused what to do! Can anyone help me? 

:salam:

You take your Exam and after that do which you want in 10th of muharram.

Most important is to think about aim of Imam Hussain a.s and Day of Ashura is the best time.

You can Pray and involve in Rowzah of Imam a.s. but just coordinate your time as well.

Allah bless you.

1 hour ago, Truth_path said:

:salam:

You take your Exam and after that do which you want in 10th of muharram.

Most important is to think about aim of Imam Hussain a.s and Day of Ashura is the best time.

You can Pray and involve in Rowzah of Imam a.s. but just coordinate your time as well.

Allah bless you.

Actually I live in a hostel, as there are no shi'a, no Majlis, Aamaal, Imambargahs in the city I live in! So if decided to go to my home for Ashura. 

Btw I've been told NOT TO STUDY on the day of Ashura by many people, so is there a harm(sin) if I do so?

2 hours ago, Simra Abbas said:

S/w,

You can take exams, it is not prohibited. But after you are free, attend the Muharram programs. 

1 hour ago, Sindbad05 said:

You can take exams, it is not prohibited. But after you are free, attend the Muharram programs. 

That's the problem! NOTHING happens in the city where I'm staying for preparations, so I had planned to go to my homeplace(which takes a day to reach). :confused:

4 hours ago, Simra Abbas said:

S/w,

I am sure test won't last entire day. Just take you exam and after that you could attend Majalis or any other program. 

And best of luck for your exam. 

6 hours ago, Simra Abbas said:

S/w,

Give the exam sister. nothing wrong with it.

2 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

I am sure test won't last entire day. Just take you exam and after that you could attend Majalis or any other program. 

And best of luck for your exam. 

But there are no Majlis organised in the city I'm residing! So I can either do Majlis, aamal, faaqa etc or give the exams. Because I'll have to go to my hometown for that (which takes a day to reach) ....

1 hour ago, Simra Abbas said:

But there are no Majlis organised in the city I'm residing! So I can either do Majlis, aamal, faaqa etc or give the exams. Because I'll have to go to my hometown for that (which takes a day to reach) ....

still, give the exam. nothing wrong with it.

1 hour ago, Simra Abbas said:

But there are no Majlis organised in the city I'm residing! So I can either do Majlis, aamal, faaqa etc or give the exams. Because I'll have to go to my hometown for that (which takes a day to reach)

You can listen majlis on youtube and there are some scholars who recite majlis on facebook live.

4 hours ago, Simra Abbas said:

That's the problem! NOTHING happens in the city where I'm staying for preparations, so I had planned to go to my homeplace(which takes a day to reach). :confused:

That's big opportunity for you to start campaign for Imam Hussain a.s and tell people why was he a.s martyred and carry some papers with info about Hussain a.s. I'm longing to be in your place.

15 hours ago, Simra Abbas said:

Salam. Is the exam offered on another day and you could ask to be switched to take the exam on that day? If not, then you need to go for your exam. Shia Islam does not say that you have to stop everything you do on a shahadat day. Just don't be celebrating a birthday or having a party. You are allowed to do educational things on shahadat days, especially something as important as an exam. 

13 hours ago, Simra Abbas said:

Btw I've been told NOT TO STUDY on the day of Ashura by many people, so is there a harm(sin) if I do so?

The people I know say it's not good to WORK on Ashura but some people cannot get the day off, unless they live in a Muslim country. 

19 hours ago, Simra Abbas said:

Actually I live in a hostel, as there are no shi'a, no Majlis, Aamaal, Imambargahs in the city I live in! So if decided to go to my home for Ashura. 

No it's not sin...

you can do ur work and you by your self doing A'maal.

Edited by ShiaChat Mod

8 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

The people I know say it's not good to WORK on Ashura but some people cannot get the day off, unless they live in a Muslim country. 

It is said by Imams sister that leave your routine works in days of Ashura such as meeting people, going to festivals, busy in job or work which you can postpone for 10 days minimum. A person should even not laugh in Muharram.

6 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

It is said by Imams sister that leave your routine works in days of Ashura

Do you have the hadiths that we can look at them? This would be great to see. I have only heard this.

6 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

busy in job or work which you can postpone for 10 days minimum. 

Most people cannot stop working for the first 10 days of the Holy Month of Muharram. If they can, Allah will bless them accordingly. 

2 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Do you have the hadiths that we can look at them? This would be great to see. I have only heard this.

Well, sister I would try to find one for you but there are many narrations which speak that Imams were seen weeping and crying in these days and since this was their activity, it could be taken as Hadith e Faili. 

The question was asked about taking the exam on Muharram 10, not working. The date of the NEET exam cannot be changed. Missing the exam would mean that the courses that she wants to take would not be offered to her and she would have to wait a long time to take the exam again. If she asks a local sheikh I am sure that he would tell her it is not haram to take the exam. She would not be laughing or having fun during the exam.