Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Kernel of the Kernel - a Shii Approach to Sufism

Rate this topic

zyzz

• Forum Administrators
11 minutes ago, zyzz said:

I recently came across a full pdf of "Kernel of the Kernel: Concerning the Wayfaring and Spiritual Journey of the People of Intellect - a Shii Approach to Sufism"

http://islamicblessings.com/upload/Kernel of the Kernel.pdf

Salam. Thank you. The book itself starts on page 48. There is a long introduction. :)  

• Advanced Member
20 minutes ago, islam25 said:

I do not shia islam is devoid. But the way it well developed and practised by sofi ,shias have not. 

Firstly - A Shia is a complete follower of Wilayah. And Wilayah comes from Imam Ali(a.s). After Prophet(s) who is the greatest Personality before God? Its Imam Ali(a.s).

So if a person manifests the characteristics of Prophet(s) and Imam Ali(a.s) then only he is the "True" Shia. 

Also, Hazrat Miqdad, Hazrat Abudhar, Hazrat Salman, Hazrat Meesum were all greatest Mystics of their time. They all were True Shias.

• Advanced Member
38 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

Firstly - A Shia is a complete follower of Wilayah. And Wilayah comes from Imam Ali(a.s). After Prophet(s) who is the greatest Personality before God? Its Imam Ali(a.s).

So if a person manifests the characteristics of Prophet(s) and Imam Ali(a.s) then only he is the "True" Shia. 

Also, Hazrat Miqdad, Hazrat Abudhar, Hazrat Salman, Hazrat Meesum were all greatest Mystics of their time. They all were True Shias.

What do you want. What do Hazrat Ali as or Hazrat Salman being great mystic has to do with it.

The question is mysticism is well developed in sofism and not in shia islam. Yes shias too have spirituality but not as taught by sofism it is less amongst shia. 

And what does shia beliving in imam Ali has do with mysticism. 

Edited by islam25

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, islam25 said:

What do you want. What do Hazrat Ali as or Hazrat Salman being great mystic has to do with it.

The question is mysticism is well developed in sofism and not in shia islam. Yes shias too have spirituality but not as taught by sofism it is less amongst shia. 

And what does shia beliving in imam Ali has do with mysticism. 

Am in a nutshell telling you that Imam Ali(a.s) whom we follow and all the 12 Imams(a.s) are the very Leader of Mysticism. If Leaders are so great then how will the followers not be good enough?

Yes I admit to the fact that Sufism has given much emphasis on the development of Mysticism but that doesn't makes them correct on all ground. Isn't it? Thats what I wanna say brother. I didn't wanted to hurt your feelings. I am saying that only mysticism is not the only criteria to judge Truth.

Spirituality has many forms. 

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

Am in a nutshell telling you that Imam Ali(a.s) whom we follow and all the 12 Imams(a.s) are the very Leader of Mysticism. If Leaders are so great then how will the followers not be good enough?

Yes I admit to the fact that Sufism has given much emphasis on the development of Mysticism but that doesn't makes them correct on all ground. Isn't it? Thats what I wanna say brother. I didn't wanted to hurt your feelings. I am saying that only mysticism is not the only criteria to judge Truth.

Spirituality has many forms. 

Mr. I didn't know what you mean by spirituality has many forms.

It is not question who is leader of mysticism. Did I deny That Prophet MOHHAMAD saw or Imams are spiritual leader. Yes they are leader. Now who will follow their teachings. Those who follow them in real sense are called Mystics and Awlias or Saliks and sofis. . Just claiming of being shia or sunni has no value. What matters is who follows and whom are those who followed Qur’an and Prophet puh and imams. 

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, islam25 said:

Mr. I didn't know what you mean by spirituality has many forms.

It is not question who is leader of mysticism. Did I deny That Prophet MOHHAMAD saw or Imams are spiritual leader. Yes they are leader. Now who will follow their teachings. Those who follow them in real sense are called Mystics and Awlias or Saliks and sofis. . Just claiming of being shia or sunni has no value. What matters is who follows and whom are those who followed Qur’an and Prophet puh and imams. 

That is what I said Brother! Shia stands for Followers. Many great Mystics have passed who followed Shia school of thought too, So were they wrong? Or were they following incomplete faith?

• Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

That is what I said Brother! Shia stands for Followers. Many great Mystics have passed who followed Shia school of thought too, So were they wrong? Or were they following incomplete faith?

Yes .That is true. There were great Mystics who where shia. I didn't deny it .No neither they were following wrong nor incomplete.