Reza

#5 Hajj Pilgrimage?

Poll #5  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever taken the Hajj pilgrimage in your life?

• Yes
    • No

9 hours ago, Carlzone said:

If a person has enough money to do hajj but procrastinates it and then dies. What are the consequences?

Salam ,he will rise as a Jewsih or Christaian.

On 8/21/2018 at 9:14 PM, ShiaMan14 said:

From US? Probably not much less.

A cheaper alternative is to accompany groups originating in Pakistan, for example.

Because whereas western groups may consider various 'luxury' options as standard e.g. nice hotels and a/c, thus pushing up prices, those groups originating in developing countries are likely to have more basic packages.

You could consider the latter to be a more 'authentic' experience.

1 hour ago, Carlzone said:

What does that mean to him consequence-wise?

it means that they won't judge as Muslims & they will judge as people of book..

To pick up on the point I was making above, factors that push up the price of hajj (speaking as a layperson):

1. Length of stay (it can vary)

2. Airline you fly with (adds to the airfare element). We actually combined hajj with Shaam ziarat because Syrian Arab airlines was so cheap.

3. Quality of hotels (typically how modern they are) and proximity to harrams. If you are far away you may need to rely on buses/taxis and spend time in traffic.

4. Choice of accommodation in Mina and toilet facilities you can have basic vs. aircon tents and Asian vs. western toilets. I don't know if the Saudis still do this, but there was some segregation by geography, so that westerners did not have to slum it with Asians/Africans.

4. Level of supervision from Aalims, the more you have the more information/advice you can receive.

People vary in terms of their belief regarding how much comfort/facilities they need in order to fulfill their obligations adequately.

I believe that if the only thing holding someone back from hajj is money, they seriously need to consider how much they really need to spend. I don't think that waiting till you can afford the 5* package is a good decision.

When you are there, state of mind matters more than anything else and having the following mindset:

we paid $xxxx for our hajj and another group paid $xxxx-y and they got cooked food in Mina

kills the experience IMHO.

7 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

A cheaper alternative is to accompany groups originating in Pakistan, for example.

Because whereas western groups may consider various 'luxury' options as standard e.g. nice hotels and a/c, thus pushing up prices, those groups originating in developing countries are likely to have more basic packages.

You could consider the latter to be a more 'authentic' experience.

this works but you need to have a passport of that country (Pakistan for example). Plus those tour groups are usually longer than 2 weeks.

Hajj diplomacy can cement Iran, Saudi ties: Senior official

http://en.abna24.com/news/iran/hajj-diplomacy-can-cement-iran-saudi-ties-senior-official_907099.html

August 27, 2018 - 7:35 PM News Code : 907099 Source : IRNALink: 
Hajj diplomacy can cement Iran, Saudi ties: Senior official

Iran and Saudi Arabia are great nations in the region and can cope with common concerns with negotiations, said the Supreme Leader’s representative in Hajj affairs. 

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): Iran and Saudi Arabia are great nations in the region and can cope with common concerns with negotiations, said the Supreme Leader’s representative in Hajj affairs. 

Photos: Hajj organizers, officials met with Imam Khamenei

http://en.abna24.com/news/iran/photos-hajj-organizers-officials-met-with-imam-khamenei_911189.html

October 1, 2018 - 5:04 PM News Code : 911189 Source : ABNA24Link: 

A group of Hajj organizers and officials met with Ayatollah Khamenei-- the Leader of the Islamic Revolution--on Monday, October 1, 2018.

دیدار مسئولان و دست‌اندرکاران حج با رهبر معظم انقلاب

دیدار مسئولان و دست‌اندرکاران حج با رهبر معظم انقلاب

Imam Khamenei: Destruction of Islamic monuments in Mecca, Medina must be stopped immediately

http://en.abna24.com/news/iran/imam-khamenei-destruction-of-islamic-monuments-in-mecca-medina-must-be-stopped-immediately_911296.html

October 2, 2018 - 4:04 PM News Code : 911296 Source : Khamenei.irLink: 
Imam Khamenei: Destruction of Islamic monuments in Mecca, Medina must be stopped immediately

The Leader of the Islamic Revolution slammed the massive destruction of Islamic monuments attributed to the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.), Imam Ali (a.s.), the caliphs and fighters of the early years of Islam on the pretext of expanding Hajj. 

Referring to the Saudi government’s making excuses and barriers in way of organizing gatherings to perform Kumayl supplication, Ayatollah Khamenei maintained: “We should surpass these barriers with hard work and innovation.” 
The Leader of the Revolution also slammed the massive destruction of the Islamic heritage—including sites attributed to Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.), the Commander of the faithful--Imam Ali (a.s.), the Rashidun Caliphs (Rightly Guided Caliphs(, and the early followers of the Prophet—on the pretext of expanding Hajj, and said: While various countries protect their historical heritage attentively, and sometimes even create replicate historical monuments to pretend a richer history, many Islamic historical monuments have been destroyed in Mecca and Medina. 

On 8/23/2018 at 7:55 AM, Haji 2003 said:

I don't know if the Saudis still do this, but there was some segregation by geography, so that westerners did not have to slum it with Asians/Africans.

Kinda defeats part of the purpose, don't it?

Sure, I'd appreciate good food and air conditioning, but I don't want it if it isn't available to everyone. 

4 minutes ago, notme said:

Sure, I'd appreciate good food and air conditioning, but I don't want it if it isn't available to everyone. 

The hajj experience is a product of our times, there's 1*-5* differences at many different points.

There could have been a case for communal accommodation of the same standard for everyone everywhere, but Saudi has not developed that way. And TBH ziarats are like that as well.

But by the same measure, I guess in the good old days tents and horses must have varied in quality.

On 8/21/2018 at 6:05 PM, Hameedeh said:

A question for everyone. Can one person (who has already gone to Hajj) go there again and gift a Hajj to several people or can he/she only gift to one person at a time? 

Imam e Zaman can do this