Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Various amounts of rudeness

Rate this topic

sidnaq

2 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

@sidnaq 

Five Polite Ways to Combat Rudeness (inspired by Emily Post)

1. Equanimity. When someone’s rudeness upsets you, count to ten, take a few deep breaths, and ask yourself: “Is it really worth losing my cool over this?”
  2. Size Up the Grievances. Is it a waste of your emotional energy to let this get under your skin? Or does the rudeness cross the line and need to be addressed face-to-face with equanimity?
  3. Empathize With the Rude Person. Don’t take rudeness personally. Maybe the rude person is just having a bad day and taking it out on the world? Oftentimes, you can break the cycle of rudeness by empathizing with the root of someone’s cantankerous behavior as a sign that he or she is unhappy, and be kind.
  4. Lead by Example. Rudeness begets rudeness and is contagious. i.e. If you speak rudely to a waiter, don’t be surprised if you get the same treatment in return.
  5. Let It Roll Off Your Back. If you can’t come up with a witty joke or laugh it off... just shrug your shoulders, let it go, and walk away.

its not that they are extremely rude, but just weird, and the cashier doesnt say something rude to me, but asks their question in a rude way , i have tried to encounter it by being more polite but it doesnt work.

• Veteran Member

It seems like this is a bad time for nice people. Since yesterday, there have been 3 threads on SC about people who are complaining about bullies and not getting respect. @sidnaq there's another thread in Guest lounge and she has almost the same problem. 

Edited by rkazmi33

21 hours ago, sidnaq said:

if it happened one time or a couple of times it wouldnt matter but it happens every time i go out for a walk, it happens when ever i go into a store and that chesier and its every chasier a]doesnt treat the next person that way i dont do anything rude not smile or frown  i am just normal . i dont except people tobe extra nice to me like i jsut want them to act righ and i know hey arent acting right.

Actually these things that are hapenning to you are normal. I had same experience. When I was at primary school, I was wondering why people catch up with that rude person but not me. I was always respecting them. I didn't know why they did that. Same thing in my internship happened. I wasn't disrespecting people, but there was a guy at work that was kinda rude. Manager liked him the most. Every person had a project to finish except him. Finally they hired him.

Or when I was 10 years old, I remember that there was a guy who liked to upset me.

My advice to you is just be the person you are now and keep going. Most of the time it's problem with people not you.

To other users: Don't laugh at these things. They really happen.

• Advanced Member

Sometimes the environment, and other, the people around you -- you, and your body language are not always compatible with others; that's what leads to making you think that they are rude to you. Well, 'tis the case, in the entirety of my school-years... And also relates to some of the occurrences in the present day.

Anyhow, you can either move to a new surrounding, with new people, or else just suck it up!

And about the religion thing? Like I said, although rude, it's all in your head. It's only natural for a human to seek comfort in someone, something else when he/she doesn't find it in the ONE. Just like how it'd be natural for you to seek better comfortable standards, example would be, wanting a dress, then wanting it to be of beautiful color, then wanting it to have embroidery of modern fashion. Human craves for more, better things, which he/she thinks are better or gives them comfort. Whilst that is not always the rightful, and rational, thing for them to do.

Sincerely,
Zavon.

Edited by Zavon

• Veteran Member

I have the opposite problem.

Everyone is so nice and solicitous towards me that sometimes I wish they were not so nice because it's tiring to be nice back to them and smile all the time. Sometimes I want to sit in the corner with a dour expression on me face where no one notices me but it's so hard to do that. And I also don't like being treated like a nabob when I'm in some shop or store just because the owners or employees know me.

Edited by Marbles

• Forum Administrators
On 8/28/2017 at 4:37 PM, Jebreil said:

Aren't I right sisters

@Hameedeh  and @notme

(Two kind and understanding lady members of the SC staff)?

Salam, Br. Jebreil. Thank you for the kind words. Sidnaq has been in contact with all the sisters in the Mod Team. She can PM me any time.