Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Twelver control of the Haramain?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
On 8/27/2017 at 11:20 AM, Pro-Alid said:

Salamu alaykum,

Have Twelvers ever had control over the Haramain throughout history? If so, when?

As par my knowledge. No. After Maula Ali (A.S) and Imam Hassan (A.S) there was Ummayad, Abbasid, Fatimid and Othomen rules. None of them were shias. For more information you can see this documentary. 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Sen McGlinn said:

Yes, under the Fatimid Caliphate, but not all the time. At times the Seljuks had more effective power in the Haramayn, at times the Fatimids or their (also Shia) allies the Sulayhids of Yemen. 

The Fatimids were Ismailis - why would they give Twelvers control of the Haramain?

• Advanced Member
On 8/27/2017 at 9:05 PM, SIAR14 said:

As par my knowledge. No. After Maula Ali (A.S) and Imam Hassan (A.S) there was Ummayad, Abbasid, Fatimid and Othomen rules. None of them were shias. For more information you can see this documentary. 

Zaydis controlled the Haramain for 400 years. I have seen no evidence of Twelver rule though.

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, Pro-Alid said:

Zaydi rule of the Haramain occurred under the Hassanid Sharifs from 357AH to 777AH

:salam:

Thanks for the info. Seems those sharifs became sunni then, I read they are the ancestors of Hashemi royal family of Jordan.

• Advanced Member
On 8/28/2017 at 7:20 AM, Pro-Alid said:

The Fatimids were Ismailis - why would they give Twelvers control of the Haramain?

Good point: I read the question as "Shiah" rather than "twelver." The Fatimids were as you say Ismaili Shiah and therefore not twelvers