Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why I became Muslim (Sunni)

Rate this topic

• Moderators
On 8/28/2017 at 9:22 AM, Munzir Ahmed said:

Point is that a Shia brother here accused Sunni narrations and said we only take narrations from infallibles unlike them.

Where as same is the case with Shia narrations as they are also transmitted via fallible people. And if we compare pure prophetic narrations then Sunnis have an edge.

Shi'a take narrations only from infallibles meaning at the end of the chain is an infallible who is narrating the hadith, where as Sunni's sometimes take hadiths from chains that doesn't include any infallibles (e.g. the Prophet). I'll give you an example, this Sunni hadith below is from Sahih Bukhari:

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 2 :

Narrated by 'Ursa

That he asked 'Aisha about the Statement of Allah: 'If you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (the captives) that your right hands possess. That will be nearer to prevent you from doing injustice.' (4.3) 'Aisha said, "O my nephew! (This Verse has been revealed in connection with) an orphan girl under the guardianship of her guardian who is attracted by her wealth and beauty and intends to marry her with a Mahr less than what other women of her standard deserve. So they (such guardians) have been forbidden to marry them unless they do justice to them and give them their full Mahr, and they are ordered to marry other women instead of them."

As you can see Aisha is narrating this hadith from her own knowledge and understanding, not by the authority of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). 

On 8/28/2017 at 9:22 AM, Munzir Ahmed said:

Yes. But here issue is that Shia take narrations from fallible people on praise of ahlebayt but don’t take any narrations in praise of some sahabah narrated by the same fallible people. Both becomes sunnah when proven authentic.

As you said, "when proven authentic". Shi'a rijal has different standards of authenticity then Sunnis. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you sure you want to do this?   The preservation of the Quran was supported by Saduq, Tusi, Sharif Murtada, and [arguably] Mufid; and it is the dominant position (near consensus) in th

Salam, I will try and be quick. These are JUST three points that made me leave this religion and became a Muslim, trust me there are many. The only reason I even bother to write this is because I

1) you are a fake. 2) deluded fake. 3)your post tell us all, you are a deluded fake. 4) why do worship your sahabas? Especially the first three? They were just humans, history is laiden

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
On 8/24/2017 at 5:00 AM, Mohammed72 said:

Please explain to me what is shirk to shia?

Tafsir of Furat bin Ibrahim al-Kufi: The Understanding of Shirk
This is one of the major Shia books of Tafsir (Iran, 2nd edition, 1416H), and there occurs therein (p. 370), "If you commit Shirk, you actions will be futile" Furat said: Ja'far bin Muhammad al-Fazaaree said, with an'ana (a type of narrating of reports which does not state direct hearing): From Abi Ja'far (alayhis salaam), regarding His, the Most High's saying, "If you commit Shirk, you actions will be futile" (39:65), he said: If you commit Shirk with the wilaayah (leadership) of Ali, your actions will be futile

If you want I can provide more narrations like this filth!!

Look at what the Shia Jafar Ibn Muhammad (RA) narrates. Like I said, similar to Christians Shias claim to follow someone that is innocent of their accusations. Wallah Ja'far (RA) never uttered this words of shirk.  

Asalaan Alaikum: I need your sources to verify this. I also practice Duas that are free of certain utterances. I. You need to confirm  that your Sunni Ahadith sources has not been altered since the Al saud family has taken control of the helm of Alhul Sunnah. My grandparents  (I am 59 years old) were subjects of the Ottoman empire and My Dayi (mothers brother) who still resides in Anatolia possesses Ottoman of books of Ahadith=and what is printed now by modern sunnis is post Caliphate and age of the Wahabis reads differently than the original Ahadith of the ottoman empire. I also suggest you look up the story of the calligraphy plates in the former church converted to a Sunni masjid called the Hagia Sophia In Instanbul Turkey,  and tell me why the names of the Alhul bayt hang in the main prayer area in a pre-Saudi Masjid, a masjid of the last SUNNI CALIPHATE.  Heres the links: https://omaneric.wordpress.com/photo-gallery/sony-dsc-1248/    https://omaneric.wordpress.com/photo-gallery/sony-dsc-1244/    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/370772981798448905/

https://photos5.com/photo/8754/Ottoman-Calligraphy-Plate-inside-Hagia-Sophia.html

Please be aware that the KSA builds mosques and Islamic Centers worldwide and in return inculcates their doctrine into the populations that they build them for. That is how you have the rise of the taleban and modern intolerant cultures in many lands and the abuse of the rights of women and such. I live in the USA and even the sunni islamic center I used to attend was built with KSA funds for the students  that attended the university there. I later went to a masjid started by a imam from the abu hanifa mosque in Iraq. He fled here because the wahabies murdered his siblings and threatened his wife and chlldren. He stood with the Shias there in resisting the extremists. Please read the text on this page to know for a fact than many Sunnis before the common era believed that the succession should have gone to Ali and his progeny. https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-meaning-of-the-large-circular-murals-with-Arabic-letters-hanging-inside-the-Hagia-Sophia-one-in-each-corner

Your wahabi faction wiped out the monuments in the graveyards in Mekkah and Madina because they contained inscriptions that confirmed this fact. However they CANNOT touch my homeland, the location of the last Sunni Caliphate. I lived my first 14 years in my homeland and can attest to this. You need to visit the Ottoman Archives in Instanbul to confirm this.

Edited by MariyahLaleh
added information
On 8/31/2017 at 11:23 AM, Hassan- said:

Shi'a take narrations only from infallibles meaning at the end of the chain is an infallible who is narrating the hadith, where as Sunni's sometimes take hadiths from chains that doesn't include any infallibles (e.g. the Prophet). I'll give you an example, this Sunni hadith below is from Sahih Bukhari:

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 2 :

Narrated by 'Ursa

That he asked 'Aisha about the Statement of Allah: 'If you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (the captives) that your right hands possess. That will be nearer to prevent you from doing injustice.' (4.3) 'Aisha said, "O my nephew! (This Verse has been revealed in connection with) an orphan girl under the guardianship of her guardian who is attracted by her wealth and beauty and intends to marry her with a Mahr less than what other women of her standard deserve. So they (such guardians) have been forbidden to marry them unless they do justice to them and give them their full Mahr, and they are ordered to marry other women instead of them."

As you can see Aisha is narrating this hadith from her own knowledge and understanding, not by the authority of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). 

You mean infallible as per hadith al-kisa (33:33). But in this hadith only 4 were covered by Prophet and out of which only 3 were Imams. Rest all were not part of hadith al-kisa. Thus only 3 of the Imams can be called infallible. And most of Shia narrations are from 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Imam which were not part of hadith al-kisa.

And as for as above hadith is concerned then its about revelation of a verse. And most of the times verses were revealed in front of many and thus people became eye witnesses. There are many examples like this in bukhair and other books, from Imam Ali and Ibn Abbas as well.

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, Munzir Ahmed said:

You mean infallible as per hadith al-kisa (33:33). But in this hadith only 4 were covered by Prophet and out of which only 3 were Imams. Rest all were not part of hadith al-kisa. Thus only 3 of the Imams can be called infallible. And most of shia narrations are from 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Imam which were not part of hadith al-kisa.

Replied already in the other thread to your posts.

On 8/26/2017 at 11:01 AM, AfricanShia said:
On 8/26/2017 at 9:37 AM, Munzir Ahmed said:

But Harun (as) was not his successor, this is also a reality.

Following this sunnah caliph Umar also left Imam Ali in charge when he went to bait ul maqdas. This shows there wasnt any enemity between them.

And when Imam Ali sent Malik Ashtar as governor to egypt he also mentioned 4:59 in favor of malik ashtar. See letter to malik ashtar in nahjul balagha.

Think what you want. :)

This is what you are exactly doing as opposite to reality.

And these are facts not my thoughts.

• Moderators
On 9/4/2017 at 2:39 AM, Munzir Ahmed said:

You mean infallible as per hadith al-kisa (33:33). But in this hadith only 4 were covered by Prophet and out of which only 3 were Imams. Rest all were not part of hadith al-kisa. Thus only 3 of the Imams can be called infallible. And most of Shia narrations are from 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Imam which were not part of hadith al-kisa.

And as for as above hadith is concerned then its about revelation of a verse. And most of the times verses were revealed in front of many and thus people became eye witnesses. There are many examples like this in bukhair and other books, from Imam Ali and Ibn Abbas as well.

Only 3 Imams were under it because they were the only ones alive at the time to be in it, but the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) made it clear that the other 9 Imams are also part of the Ahlul Bayt (we have numerous authentic ahadith proving it, both from Sunni and shi'a sources). Verse 33:33 refers to the Ahlul Bayt that were under the kisa and the ones that would be under it too if they were alive (the rest of the 9). In surah 76 verse 24 it says "...and do not obey a sinner" which means if the other Imams were sinners than as per Allah's command we shouldn't obey them, but since the Imams AND the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) told us that obeying all 12 Imams is obligatory, than it proves the 9 Imams were infallible and not among the sinners.

• Advanced Member
On 9/4/2017 at 2:05 PM, Hassan- said:

In surah 76 verse 24 it says "...and do not obey a sinner" which means if the other Imams were sinners than as per Allah's command we shouldn't obey them, but since the Imams AND the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) told us that obeying all 12 Imams is obligatory, than it proves the 9 Imams were infallible and not among the sinners.

Salam

Can you give us please the sabab al-nuzul of 76:24.

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Maulana said:

Salam

Can you give us please the sabab al-nuzul of 76:24.

I believe it's an emphasis to the people that tried numerously in different ways to make the Prophet (saw) adapt to their way of thinking. So Allah (awj) revealed this verse warning Muslims to not obey sinners since there is a chance they may misguide you, and only obey the ones that don't sin because there would be no possibility to be misguided by them. 

On 9/5/2017 at 0:05 AM, Hassan- said:
On 9/4/2017 at 0:39 PM, Munzir Ahmed said:

You mean infallible as per hadith al-kisa (33:33). But in this hadith only 4 were covered by Prophet and out of which only 3 were Imams. Rest all were not part of hadith al-kisa. Thus only 3 of the Imams can be called infallible. And most of shia narrations are from 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Imam which were not part of hadith al-kisa.

Only 3 imams were under it because they were the only ones alive at the time to be in it, but the Prophet (saw) made it clear that the other 9 imams are also part of the ahlulbayt (we have numerous authentic ahadith proving it, both from sunni and shi'a sources). Verse 33:33 refers to the ahlulbayt that were under the kisa and the ones that would be under it too if they were alive (the rest of the 9). In surah 76 verse 24 it says "...and do not obey a sinner" which means if the other imams were sinners than as per Allah's command we shouldn't obey them, but since the imams AND the Prophet (saw) told us that obeying all 12 imams is obligatory, than it proves the 9 imams were infallible and not among the sinners.

Prophet saw also made it clear that Salman Farsi is a member of ahlebayt but was not under the cloak and he was also alive at that time. Thus we can say it was only for those 4 individuals.

Can you quote any narration from ahlebayt proving infalliblity out of 33:33 for just 4 or for all imams?

• Moderators
On 9/6/2017 at 1:52 AM, Munzir Ahmed said:

Prophet saw also made it clear that Salman Farsi is a member of ahlebayt but was not under the cloak and he was also alive at that time. Thus we can say it was only for those 4 individuals.

When the Prophet said that he meant Salman is his agent and is attached to the Ahlul Bayt. In fact, Salman was an agent and a trustee for Ahlul Bayt to the end of his life-time. His affinity to Ahlul Bayt was to the extent that he was attached to them. An analogy would be a friend who would visit a family a lot, such that one would consider him attached to the family, although the blood relation is the only thing missing. Salman (رضي الله عنه) was one of the best companions of the Prophet.

On 9/6/2017 at 1:52 AM, Munzir Ahmed said:

Can you quote any narration from ahlebayt proving infalliblity out of 33:33 for just 4 or for all Imams?

Alright I will show you narrations from both Shi'a and Sunni hadiths about the infallibility of the Ahlul Bayt, and proving that it's 12 Imams not just 4. First I'll post Shi'a hadiths.

في عيون الأخبار في باب ذكر مجلس الرضا عليه السلام مع المأمون في الفرق بين العترة والأمة حديث طويل وفيه فقال المأمون: من العترة الطاهرة؟فقال الرضا عليه السلام: الذين وصفهم الله تعالى في كتابه فقال تعالى: (انما يريد الله ليذهب عنكم الرجس أهل البيت ويطهركم تطهيرا) وهم الذين قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله: انى مخلف فيكم الثقلين كتاب الله وعترتي أهل الا وانهما لن يفترقا حتى يردا على الحوض فانظروا كيف تخلفوني فيهما، أيها الناس لا تعلموهم فإنهم أعلم منكم.
In `Uyun al-Akhbar: In the chapter on ar-Rida's discussion with al-Ma'mun on the difference between the progeny and the Umma, in a long hadith in which it says:

Al-Ma'mun said: Who are the pure progeny? So Imam ar-Rida عليه السلام said: Those whom Allah تعالى described in His Book, for He تعالى says, "Surely, Allah only wants to remove uncleanliness from you, O Ahl al-Bayt, and purify you with a thorough purification" (33:33), and they are the ones [regarding whom] the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله said: "Surely, I leave among you the two weighty things: The Book of Allah, and my progeny, my Ahl al-Bayt. Surely, they will not part from one another until they return to me at the Pond. Be careful how you treat them after me. O people, do not teach them, for they know more than you.

This hadith puts the ayah in context of hadith al-thaqalayn, which is clearly not limited to just 5 individuals, because it says that the Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt will not part from one another. If Imam al-Husayn (عليه السلام) was the last member of Ahlul Bayt, then the Qur'an would have separated from him after his death. Here is proof that the Qur'an will never seperate from the Ahlul Bayt:

حدثنا محمد بن الحسن بن أحمد بن الوليد رضي الله عنه قال حدثنا محمد بن الحسن الصفار عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى عن الحسين بن سعيد عن حماد بن عيسى عن إبراهيم بن عمر اليماني عن سليم بن قيس الهلالي عن أمير المؤمنين علي بن أبي طالب ع قال إن الله تبارك و تعالى طهرنا و عصمنا و جعلنا شهداء على خلقه و حججا في أرضه و جعلنا مع القرآن و جعل القرآن معنا لا نفارقه و لا يفارقنا

Narrated to us Muḥammad bin al-Ḥasan bin Aḥmad bin Walīd ((رضي الله عنه).): Narrated to us Muḥammad bin al-Ḥasan  al-Ṣaffār from Aḥmad bin Muḥammad bin `Īsa from al-Ḥusayn bin Sa‘īd from Ḥammād bin `Īsa from Ibrāhīm bin ‘Umar al-Yamānī from Sulaym bin Qais al-Hilālī from Amīr al-Mu’minīn, `Alī bin Abī Ṭālib (عليه السلام) that he said:

“Indeed Allāh, the Blessed and the Mighty purified us and made us infallible and appointed us as a witness on His creatures and a Proof on His Earth. And He kept us with al-Qur’ān and kept the al-Qur’ān with us. Neither shall we separate from the al-Qur’ān nor will the al-Qur’ān separate from us.”  

Source: Kamāl al-Dīn by Shaykh Al-Ṣadūq, Vol 1, Ch 22, Pg 240, H 63. 

Grading:

Shaykh Āṣif Muhsini said ḥādīth is "Mo'tabar" in his Mashra‘at Behar al-anwār Vol 1, Pg 479. 
Shaykh al-Ḥasan ‘Abdullāh said ḥādīth is “Ṣaḥīḥ” in his Waqfah maa al-Jazā’irī, Pg 63,Footnote 3.

Here is another similar hadith regarding the linage of the Ahlul Bayt:

حدثنا محمد بن زياد بن جعفر الهمداني رضي الله عنه قال حدثنا علي بن إبراهيم بن هاشم عن أبيه عن محمد بن أبي عمير عن غياث بن إبراهيم عن الصادق جعفر بن محمد عن أبيه محمد بن علي عن أبيه علي بن الحسين عن أبيه الحسين بن علي ع قال سئل أمير المؤمنين ص عن معنى قول رسول الله ص إني مخلف فيكم الثقلين كتاب الله و عترتي من العترة فقال أنا و الحسن و الحسين و الأئمة التسعة من ولد الحسين تاسعهم مهديهم و قائمهم لا يفارقون كتاب الله و لا يفارقهم حتى يردوا على رسول الله ص حوضه

Ali ibn abi Talib (عليه السلام) was asked  about the Messenger of Allah's (SAWAS) words "I am leaving among you two weighty things, the Book of Allaah (Qur'an) and my progeny" 'Who is the progeny (`itrah)?'.  So he (Imam `Alee): said I, Hasan, Husayn and the 9 Imams from children (I.e lineage) of Hussain and the 9th from them is Al-Qaa’im and the Mahdee, and they will not separate from the Book of Allaah until they reach Messenger of Allaah at the Hawd (Pond of Kawthar).

Source:  Shaykh Sadooq, Kamaal al-Deen, pg. 240-241 Hadith # 64

This hadeeth has a great chain and would be graded Hasan Kal-SaHeeH (Hasan like a SaHeeH (hadeeth)), and that is only because of Ibraaheem bin Haashim Al-Qummee. All narrators in the isnaad are thiqaat (pl. thiqah).

Here is a hadith describing the meaning of 33:33 :

أبى رحمه الله قال: حدثنا علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير عمن ذكره عن أبي عبد الله " ع " قال: 
فقال أمير المؤمنين " ع " لأبي بكر يا أبا بكر تقر بالقرآن؟ قال بلى، قال فأخبرني عن قول الله عز وجل: (إنما يريد الله ليذهب عنكم الرجس أهل البيت ويطهركم تطهيرا) أفينا أو في غيرنا نزلت؟ قال فيكم، قال فأخبرني لو أن شاهدين من المسلمين شهدا على فاطمة عليها السلام بفاحشة ما كنت صانعا؟ قال كنت أقيم عليها الحد كما أقيم على نساء المسلمين، قال كنت اذن عند الله من الكافرين قال ولم؟ قال لأنك كنت ترد شهادة الله وتقبل شهادة غيره لان الله عز وجل قد شهد لها بالطهارة فإذا رددت شهادة الله وقبلت شهادة غيره كنت عند الله من الكافرين، قال فبكى الناس وتفرقوا ودمدموا، 

My father (رضي الله عنه) said: Told us `Alī bin Ibrāhīm, from his father, from Ibn Abī `Umair, from someone who reported it from Abi ‘Abdullāh (عليه السلام): 

Imām `Alī (عليه السلام) said (to Abū Bakr): "So what do you say about the verse 'O Ahl al-Bayt! Indeed Allāh wishes to drive away the impurity from you and thoroughly purify you', was it revealed for us or for other than us?" Abū Bakr said: "For you people." Imām `Alī (عليه السلام) said: "So tell me, if two witnesses from the Muslim public testified against Fāṭimah (عليه السلام) on charges of lewdness, what you would do?" Abū Bakr said: "I would establish hadd (Islamic punishment) on her, as I would on (any other) Muslim women." Imām `Alī (عليه السلام) said: "You would then be among the kuffar (disbelievers) according to Allāh." Abū Bakr said: "Why?" Imām `Alī (عليه السلام) said: "Because you would then have rejected the testimony of Allāh and accepted the testimony of the other, because Allāh has testified by the ṭahārah (purity) of Fāṭimah (in ayat al tatheer, 33:33), so when you reject the testimony of Allāh and accept the testimony of the other, you are among the kuffar according to Allāh." 

And a similar hadeeth is narrated in Tafsir al-Qummi from his father, from Muḥammad b. abi Umair, from Uthman b. ‘Isa and Hamad b. Uthman, from abi ‘Abdullāh (عليه السلام). And also, a similar hadeeth can be found in Al-Ihtijaaj from Hamad bin Uthman, from abi ‘Abdullāh (عليه السلام) in mursal fashion.

Source:

[1] Ilail ash-Sharai by Shaykh Al-Ṣadūq, Vol 1, Ch 151, Pg 190, H 1.

[2] Tafsir al-Qummi by Alī bin Ibrahim al-Qummi, Vol 2, Pg 155.

[3] Al-Ihtijaaj by Tabrasi, Vol 1, Pg 119.

Grading: Sayyed Hashim Hashmi said hadeeth in Tafsir al-Qummi has “Ṣaḥīḥ sanad” (Authentic Chain) in his Hawar Ma'a Fadlullah Hawl Zahra, Pg 263.

Here is an Saheeh hadith narrated by Imam Ali (عليه السلام) and his son Imam Hassan (عليه السلام) mentioning the 12 Imams by their name:

عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ الْبَرْقِيِّ عَنْ أَبِي هَاشِمٍ دَاوُدَ بْنِ الْقَاسِمِ الْجَعْفَرِيِّ عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ الثَّانِي ع قَالَ أَقْبَلَ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ع وَ مَعَهُ الْحَسَنُ بْنُ عَلِيٍّ ع وَ هُوَ مُتَّكِئٌ عَلَى يَدِ سَلْمَانَ فَدَخَلَ الْمَسْجِدَ الْحَرَامَ فَجَلَسَ إِذْ أَقْبَلَ رَجُلٌ حَسَنُ الْهَيْئَةِ وَ اللِّبَاسِ فَسَلَّمَ عَلَى أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ فَرَدَّ عَلَيْهِ السَّلَامَ فَجَلَسَ ثُمَّ قَالَ يَا أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ أَسْأَلُكَ عَنْ ثَلَاثِ مَسَائِلَ إِنْ أَخْبَرْتَنِي بِهِنَّ عَلِمْتُ أَنَّ الْقَوْمَ رَكِبُوا مِنْ أَمْرِكَ مَا قُضِيَ عَلَيْهِمْ وَ أَنْ لَيْسُوا بِمَأْمُونِينَ فِي دُنْيَاهُمْ وَ آخِرَتِهِمْ وَ إِنْ تَكُنِ الْأُخْرَى عَلِمْتُ أَنَّكَ وَ هُمْ شَرَعٌ سَوَاءٌ فَقَالَ لَهُ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ع سَلْنِي عَمَّا بَدَا لَكَ قَالَ أَخْبِرْنِي عَنِ الرَّجُلِ إِذَا نَامَ أَيْنَ تَذْهَبُ رُوحُهُ وَ عَنِ الرَّجُلِ كَيْفَ يَذْكُرُ وَ يَنْسَى وَ عَنِ الرَّجُلِ كَيْفَ يُشْبِهُ وَلَدُهُ الْأَعْمَامَ وَ الْأَخْوَالَ فَالْتَفَتَ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ع إِلَى الْحَسَنِ فَقَالَ يَا أَبَا مُحَمَّدٍ أَجِبْهُ قَالَ فَأَجَابَهُ الْحَسَنُ ع فَقَالَ الرَّجُلُ أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَ لَمْ أَزَلْ أَشْهَدُ بِهَا وَ أَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّداً رَسُولُ اللَّهِ وَ لَمْ أَزَلْ أَشْهَدُ بِذَلِكَ وَ أَشْهَدُ أَنَّكَ وَصِيُّ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ ص وَ الْقَائِمُ بِحُجَّتِهِ وَ أَشَارَ إِلَى أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَ لَمْ أَزَلْ أَشْهَدُ بِهَا وَ أَشْهَدُ أَنَّكَ وَصِيُّهُ وَ الْقَائِمُ بِحُجَّتِهِ وَ أَشَارَ إِلَى الْحَسَنِ ع وَ أَشْهَدُ أَنَّ الْحُسَيْنَ بْنَ عَلِيٍّ وَصِيُّ أَخِيهِ وَ الْقَائِمُ بِحُجَّتِهِ بَعْدَهُ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحُسَيْنِ أَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ الْحُسَيْنِ بَعْدَهُ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ أَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحُسَيْنِ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى جَعْفَرِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ بِأَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ مُحَمَّدٍ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى مُوسَى أَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ جَعْفَرِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى عَلِيِّ بْنِ مُوسَى أَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ مُوسَى بْنِ جَعْفَرٍ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ أَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ عَلِيِّ بْنِ مُوسَى وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى عَلِيِّ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ بِأَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى الْحَسَنِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ بِأَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ عَلِيِّ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى رَجُلٍ مِنْ وُلْدِ الْحَسَنِ لَا يُكَنَّى وَ لَا يُسَمَّى حَتَّى يَظْهَرَ أَمْرُهُ فَيَمْلَأَهَا عَدْلًا كَمَا مُلِئَتْ جَوْراً وَ السَّلَامُ عَلَيْكَ يَا أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَ رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَ بَرَكَاتُهُ ثُمَّ قَامَ فَمَضَى فَقَالَ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَا أَبَا مُحَمَّدٍ اتْبَعْهُ فَانْظُرْ أَيْنَ يَقْصِدُ فَخَرَجَ الْحَسَنُ بْنُ عَلِيٍّ ع فَقَالَ مَا كَانَ إِلَّا أَنْ وَضَعَ رِجْلَهُ خَارِجاً مِنَ الْمَسْجِدِ فَمَا دَرَيْتُ أَيْنَ أَخَذَ مِنْ أَرْضِ اللَّهِ فَرَجَعْتُ إِلَى أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ع فَأَعْلَمْتُهُ فَقَالَ يَا أَبَا مُحَمَّدٍ أَ تَعْرِفُهُ قُلْتُ اللَّهُ وَ رَسُولُهُ وَ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ أَعْلَمُ قَالَ هُوَ الْخَضِرُ ع 

Aboo Ja`far Al-Thaanee (Imaam Al-Taqee Al-Jawaad) said: "Once Amir al-Mu’minin `Alee عليه السلام came with al-Hassan and al-Husayn and he was holding the hand of Salman for support. He entered the sacred Mosque in Makka and sat down. Then a good looking and well dressed man came. He offered the greeting of peace to Amir al-Mu’minin `Alee عليه السلام who answered his greetings likewise and he sat down. He then said, "I will ask you three questions. If you would answer them I will acknowledge that the people who have acted against you in the matters of leadership after the Holy Prophet (s.a) they have acted against their own selves. Their actions have taken away peace from them in this world as well in the next life. If it would be otherwise, (you can answer) then you and those people will be the same." Amir al-Mu’minin`Alee عليه السلام said, "Ask whatever you would like." He said, "Tell about the man who sleeps. Where does his spirit go?" Tell about the man, how he remembers and forgets? Tell me about the man how do his children become similar to the aunts and uncles?" Amir al-Mu’minin `Alee عليه السلام turned to al-Hassan and said, "O Aboo Muhammad, answer him." The narrator has said that al-Hassan answered his questions. The man then said,

"I testify that there is no lord besides Allah and I continue to testify to this fact. I testify that Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وآله is the Messenger of Allah and I continue to testify to this fact I testify that you are the executor of the will of the Messenger of Allah and that you are the in charge of this task ((Leadership with Divine Authority) with His authorization." He pointed out to Amir al-Mu’minin عليه السلام with his hand. He then said, "I continue to testify to this fact." "I testify that you are the executor of his (Amir al-Mu’minin’s عليه السلام) will and the in charge of this task ((Leadership with Divine Authority) by His authorization after him (Amir alMu’minin عليه السلام " He pointed out with his hand to al-Hassan عليه السلام. Then He then said, "I continue to testify to this fact."

"I testify that al-Husayn ibn `Alee عليه السلام will be the executor of the will of his brother and the in charge of this task ((Leadership with Divine Authority) with His authorization after him. 

"I testify in support of `Alee ibn al-Husayn عليه السلام that he will be the in charge of the task of al-Husayn after him.

"I testify that Muhammad ibn `Alee will be the in charge of the task of `Alee ibn al-Husayn عليه السلام after him.

"I testify that Ja‘far ibn Muhammad عليه السلام will be the in charge of the task of Muhammad ibn `Alee عليه السلام.

"I testify that Moosa will be the in charge of the task of Ja‘far ibn Muhammad after him.

"I testify that `Alee ibn Moosa will be the in charge of the task of Moosa ibn Ja‘far عليه السلام.

"I testify that Muhammad ibn `Alee عليه السلام will be the in charge of the task of `Alee ibn Moosa عليه السلام after him.

"I testify that `Alee ibn Muhammad will be the in charge of the task of Muhammad ibn `Alee عليه السلام after him.

"I testify that al-Hassan ibn `Alee عليه السلام will be the in charge of the task of `Alee ibn Muhammad عليه السلام after him.

"I testify in support of a man from the children of al-Hassan who will not be mentioned by his Kunya (father or son of so and so) or his name until he will rise with Divine authority to fill the Earth with justice after being filled with injustice."

I offer you my greeting of peace O Amir al-Mu’minin عليه السلام and praay to Allah to grant you blessings and holiness." He then stood up and left. Amir al-Mu’minin عليه السلام said, "O Aboo Muhammad follow him and see where went." Al-Hassan ibn `Alee عليه السلام went out to find out (and came back) and said, "As soon as he stepped out of the Mosque I could not figure out in which direction of the Earth of Allah did he disappear. I returned to Amir al-Mu’minin عليه السلام and informed him." He said, "O Aboo Muhammad, do you know him?" I said, Allah, the Messenger of Allah and Amir al-Mu’minin عليه السلام know best." He said, "He was al-Khidr عليه السلام "
Source:

1.       Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 1, pg. 525 – 526, hadeeth #1

Grading:

1.       Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is SaHeeH (Authentic)

è Mir’aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 6, pg. 203

Let's see what Sunni hadiths say now:

Sheikh Sulayman Balkhi Hanafi in his Yanabiu'l-Mawadda, ch.76, reports from Fara'idu's-Simtain of Hamwaini, who reports from Mujahid, who reports from Ibn Abbas: 

A Jew named Na'thal came to the Holy Prophet and asked him questions about Tawhid (Unity of Allah). The Holy Prophet answered his questions and the Jew embraced Islam. Then he said: "O Holy Prophet, every Prophet had a wasi (vicegerent). Our Prophet, Moses Ibn Imran, made a will for Yusha Ibn Nun. Please tell me who is your wasi?" The Holy Prophet said: "My vicegerent is ‘Ali Ibn Abi Talib; after him are Hasan, and Hussain and after them are nine Imams, who are the successive descendants of Hussain." Na'thal asked the Holy Prophet the names of those Imams. The Holy Prophet said: "After Hussain, his son, ‘Ali, will be the Imam; after him his son, Muhammad; after him his son, Ja'far; after him his son Musa; after him his son, ‘Ali; after him his son, Muhammad; after him his son, Hasan; after him his son, Muhammad Mahdi will be the last Imam. There will be twelve Imams."

In addition to the names of the nine Imams, this hadith further states that each would succeed as Imam after his father. Na'thal made further inquiries, and the Holy Prophet described the manner of death of each Imam.

Then Na'thal said, "I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that you are His Holy Prophet. I bear witness that these twelve Holy Imams are your vicegerents after you. What you have said is exactly what is recorded in our books and in the will of Moses."
Then the Holy Prophet said: "Paradise is for him who loves them and obeys them, and Hell is for him who is hostile to them and opposes them." Na'thal then recited some couplets to the effect that "May Allah, the Exalted, shower His blessings upon you, chosen Prophet and pride of the Bani Hashim. Allah has guided us by means of you and the twelve Holy men whom you have named. Certainly Allah has purified them and preserved them from impurity. He who loves them is successful. He who hates them is the loser. The last of the Imams will quench the thirst of the thirsty. He is the one the people will wait for. Prophet of Allah, your progeny is a blessing for me and for all the believers. Those who turn away from them will soon be thrown into Hell."

The Messenger of Allah (S), from the time the revelation of "Verily Allah intends to... (the last part of Verse 33:33)” and for six months thereafter, stood by the door of the House of Fatimah and said: "Time for Prayer Ahlul-Bayt; No doubt! Allah wished to remove all abomination from you and make you pure and spotless."

Sunni references:

• Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v12, p85

• Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v3, p258

• Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p158 who wrote this tradition is authentic as per the criteria of Muslim and Bukhari

• Tafsir al-Durr al-Manthoor, by al-Suyuti, v5, pp 197,199

• Tafsir Ibn Jarir al-Tabari, v22, pp 5,6 (saying seven month)

• Tafsir Ibn Kathir, v3, p483

• Musnad, by al-Tiyalasi, v8, p274

• Usdul Ghabah, by Ibn al-Athir, v5, p146

Ibn Abbas Narrated that:
The Messenger of Allah recited "Verily Allah intends to keep off from you every kind of uncleanness O’ People of the House (Ahlul-Bayt), and purify you a perfect purification". 
(Qur’an, the last sentence of Verse 33:33) and then the Messenger of Allah said: "Thus Me and my Ahlul-Bayt are clear from sins."

Sunni reference:

• Sahih al-Tirmidhi, as quoted in:

• al-Durr al-Manthoor, by Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, v5, pp 605-606,198 under the commentary of Verse 33:33 of Qur’an

• Dala’il al-Nabawiyyah, by al-Bayhaqi

• Others such as al-Tabarani, Ibn Mardawayh, Abu Nu’aym, etc.

I can keep going forever with this, but I hope this clears all your doubt.

• Basic Members
On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:03 PM, Mohammed72 said:

We don't have a Lord apart from Ali (RA).

I'm sorry but do you actually think this video is genuine? Why is the "Shia priest" dressed like one of your Salafi clerics (ironically)? And why is there no footage? Anyone can stick a generic (badly photoshopped) picture of a random mufti over an audio recording of themselves saying something that sounds like shirk. This proves nothing about Shia aqeedah, it only proves there are some gullible people out there who fall for this stuff.

On 9/6/2017 at 12:11 PM, Hassan- said:

When the Prophet said that he meant Salman is his agent and is attached to the Ahlul Bayt. In fact, Salman was an agent and a trustee for Ahlul Bayt to the end of his life-time. His affinity to Ahlul Bayt was to the extent that he was attached to them. An analogy would be a friend who would visit a family a lot, such that one would consider him attached to the family, although the blood relation is the only thing missing. Salman (رضي الله عنه) was one of the best companions of the Prophet.

It was said due to his contribution in battle of trench not because of his attachment to ahlebayt. At that time some said he is from ansaar and others said from muhajirun. This was the context. As for the attachment is concerned then many other sahabah too were very close to ahlebayt. Like Ammar bin Yasir, Abu Dhar Ghafari, Miqdad. Or can we say they were not attached to ahelabyt since Prophet saw did not call them as ahlebayt. Makes no sense.

في عيون الأخبار في باب ذكر مجلس الرضا عليه السلام مع المأمون في الفرق بين العترة والأمة حديث طويل وفيه فقال المأمون: من العترة الطاهرة؟فقال الرضا عليه السلام: الذين وصفهم الله تعالى في كتابه فقال تعالى: (انما يريد الله ليذهب عنكم الرجس أهل البيت ويطهركم تطهيرا) وهم الذين قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله: انى مخلف فيكم الثقلين كتاب الله وعترتي أهل الا وانهما لن يفترقا حتى يردا على الحوض فانظروا كيف تخلفوني فيهما، أيها الناس لا تعلموهم فإنهم أعلم منكم.
In `Uyun al-Akhbar: In the chapter on ar-Rida's discussion with al-Ma'mun on the difference between the progeny and the Umma, in a long hadith in which it says:

Al-Ma'mun said: Who are the pure progeny? So Imam ar-Rida عليه السلام said: Those whom Allah تعالى described in His Book, for He تعالى says, "Surely, Allah only wants to remove uncleanliness from you, O Ahl al-Bayt, and purify you with a thorough purification" (33:33), and they are the ones [regarding whom] the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله said: "Surely, I leave among you the two weighty things: The Book of Allah, and my progeny, my Ahl al-Bayt. Surely, they will not part from one another until they return to me at the Pond. Be careful how you treat them after me. O people, do not teach them, for they know more than you.

This hadith puts the ayah in context of hadith al-thaqalayn, which is clearly not limited to just 5 individuals, because it says that the Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt will not part from one another. If Imam al-Husayn (عليه السلام) was the last member of Ahlul Bayt, then the Qur'an would have separated from him after his death. Here is proof that the Qur'an will never seperate from the Ahlul Bayt:

For both cases only 4 were present there. And this is still applicable since they havnt returned to the pond yet. And the debates like who was on truth or with the Qur'an in battles are still going on with enemies of ahlebayt and will remain till the end of time. Just like the debate of Mamun. Neither Imam said its for 12 people nor he said I am also part of it. Rather he refered back to 4 members of ahlebayt and mentioned their merits.

This report just mentions the ayah but do not prove that 33:33 means infallibility.

And what you mean by thorough purification? Does it mean now ahlebayt can stop performing wudhu and ghusul?

حدثنا محمد بن الحسن بن أحمد بن الوليد رضي الله عنه قال حدثنا محمد بن الحسن الصفار عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى عن الحسين بن سعيد عن حماد بن عيسى عن إبراهيم بن عمر اليماني عن سليم بن قيس الهلالي عن أمير المؤمنين علي بن أبي طالب ع قال إن الله تبارك و تعالى طهرنا و عصمنا و جعلنا شهداء على خلقه و حججا في أرضه و جعلنا مع القرآن و جعل القرآن معنا لا نفارقه و لا يفارقنا

Narrated to us Muḥammad bin al-Ḥasan bin Aḥmad bin Walīd ((رضي الله عنه).): Narrated to us Muḥammad bin al-Ḥasan  al-Ṣaffār from Aḥmad bin Muḥammad bin `Īsa from al-Ḥusayn bin Sa‘īd from Ḥammād bin `Īsa from Ibrāhīm bin ‘Umar al-Yamānī from Sulaym bin Qais al-Hilālī from Amīr al-Mu’minīn, `Alī bin Abī Ṭālib (عليه السلام) that he said:

“Indeed Allāh, the Blessed and the Mighty purified us and made us infallible and appointed us as a witness on His creatures and a Proof on His Earth. And He kept us with al-Qur’ān and kept the al-Qur’ān with us. Neither shall we separate from the al-Qur’ān nor will the al-Qur’ān separate from us.”  

Source: Kamāl al-Dīn by Shaykh Al-Ṣadūq, Vol 1, Ch 22, Pg 240, H 63. 

Grading:

Shaykh Āṣif Muhsini said ḥādīth is "Mo'tabar" in his Mashra‘at Behar al-anwār Vol 1, Pg 479. 
Shaykh al-Ḥasan ‘Abdullāh said ḥādīth is “Ṣaḥīḥ” in his Waqfah maa al-Jazā’irī, Pg 63,Footnote 3.

Here is another similar hadith regarding the linage of the Ahlul Bayt:

حدثنا محمد بن زياد بن جعفر الهمداني رضي الله عنه قال حدثنا علي بن إبراهيم بن هاشم عن أبيه عن محمد بن أبي عمير عن غياث بن إبراهيم عن الصادق جعفر بن محمد عن أبيه محمد بن علي عن أبيه علي بن الحسين عن أبيه الحسين بن علي ع قال سئل أمير المؤمنين ص عن معنى قول رسول الله ص إني مخلف فيكم الثقلين كتاب الله و عترتي من العترة فقال أنا و الحسن و الحسين و الأئمة التسعة من ولد الحسين تاسعهم مهديهم و قائمهم لا يفارقون كتاب الله و لا يفارقهم حتى يردوا على رسول الله ص حوضه

Ali ibn abi Talib (عليه السلام) was asked  about the Messenger of Allah's (SAWAS) words "I am leaving among you two weighty things, the Book of Allaah (Qur'an) and my progeny" 'Who is the progeny (`itrah)?'.  So he (Imam `Alee): said I, Hasan, Husayn and the 9 Imams from children (I.e lineage) of Hussain and the 9th from them is Al-Qaa’im and the Mahdee, and they will not separate from the Book of Allaah until they reach Messenger of Allaah at the Hawd (Pond of Kawthar).

Source:  Shaykh Sadooq, Kamaal al-Deen, pg. 240-241 Hadith # 64

This hadeeth has a great chain and would be graded Hasan Kal-SaHeeH (Hasan like a SaHeeH (hadeeth)), and that is only because of Ibraaheem bin Haashim Al-Qummee. All narrators in the isnaad are thiqaat (pl. thiqah).

First hadith seems like a definition of Prophet.

This contradicts with Imam Ali Redha's answer to Mamun. Imam Ali Redha had no knwoledge about the names or number. Strange. When it comes to practical scenarios then such fabricated reports were never used by any. Thus many sects emerged just because people were unaware about the predetermined list of Imams. Even in above hadith names are missing, only those are mentioned who were physically present there plus Imam Mahdi as there were already hundreds of ahadith on his coming from Prophet saw.

Here is a hadith describing the meaning of 33:33 :

أبى رحمه الله قال: حدثنا علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير عمن ذكره عن أبي عبد الله " ع " قال: 
فقال أمير المؤمنين " ع " لأبي بكر يا أبا بكر تقر بالقرآن؟ قال بلى، قال فأخبرني عن قول الله عز وجل: (إنما يريد الله ليذهب عنكم الرجس أهل البيت ويطهركم تطهيرا) أفينا أو في غيرنا نزلت؟ قال فيكم، قال فأخبرني لو أن شاهدين من المسلمين شهدا على فاطمة عليها السلام بفاحشة ما كنت صانعا؟ قال كنت أقيم عليها الحد كما أقيم على نساء المسلمين، قال كنت اذن عند الله من الكافرين قال ولم؟ قال لأنك كنت ترد شهادة الله وتقبل شهادة غيره لان الله عز وجل قد شهد لها بالطهارة فإذا رددت شهادة الله وقبلت شهادة غيره كنت عند الله من الكافرين، قال فبكى الناس وتفرقوا ودمدموا، 

My father (رضي الله عنه) said: Told us `Alī bin Ibrāhīm, from his father, from Ibn Abī `Umair, from someone who reported it from Abi ‘Abdullāh (عليه السلام): 

Imām `Alī (عليه السلام) said (to Abū Bakr): "So what do you say about the verse 'O Ahl al-Bayt! Indeed Allāh wishes to drive away the impurity from you and thoroughly purify you', was it revealed for us or for other than us?" Abū Bakr said: "For you people." Imām `Alī (عليه السلام) said: "So tell me, if two witnesses from the Muslim public testified against Fāṭimah (عليه السلام) on charges of lewdness, what you would do?" Abū Bakr said: "I would establish hadd (Islamic punishment) on her, as I would on (any other) Muslim women." Imām `Alī (عليه السلام) said: "You would then be among the kuffar (disbelievers) according to Allāh." Abū Bakr said: "Why?" Imām `Alī (عليه السلام) said: "Because you would then have rejected the testimony of Allāh and accepted the testimony of the other, because Allāh has testified by the ṭahārah (purity) of Fāṭimah (in ayat al tatheer, 33:33), so when you reject the testimony of Allāh and accept the testimony of the other, you are among the kuffar according to Allāh." 

And a similar hadeeth is narrated in Tafsir al-Qummi from his father, from Muḥammad b. abi Umair, from Uthman b. ‘Isa and Hamad b. Uthman, from abi ‘Abdullāh (عليه السلام). And also, a similar hadeeth can be found in Al-Ihtijaaj from Hamad bin Uthman, from abi ‘Abdullāh (عليه السلام) in mursal fashion.

Source:

[1] Ilail ash-Sharai by Shaykh Al-Ṣadūq, Vol 1, Ch 151, Pg 190, H 1.

[2] Tafsir al-Qummi by Alī bin Ibrahim al-Qummi, Vol 2, Pg 155.

[3] Al-Ihtijaaj by Tabrasi, Vol 1, Pg 119.

Grading: Sayyed Hashim Hashmi said hadeeth in Tafsir al-Qummi has “Ṣaḥīḥ sanad” (Authentic Chain) in his Hawar Ma'a Fadlullah Hawl Zahra, Pg 263.

This is how you can fabricate a report. And from Tafsir Qummi, another book of fabrication. Rejected by many top Shia scholars.

Content is also problematic.

Here is an Saheeh hadith narrated by Imam Ali (عليه السلام) and his son Imam Hassan (عليه السلام) mentioning the 12 Imams by their name:

عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ الْبَرْقِيِّ عَنْ أَبِي هَاشِمٍ دَاوُدَ بْنِ الْقَاسِمِ الْجَعْفَرِيِّ عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ الثَّانِي ع قَالَ أَقْبَلَ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ع وَ مَعَهُ الْحَسَنُ بْنُ عَلِيٍّ ع وَ هُوَ مُتَّكِئٌ عَلَى يَدِ سَلْمَانَ فَدَخَلَ الْمَسْجِدَ الْحَرَامَ فَجَلَسَ إِذْ أَقْبَلَ رَجُلٌ حَسَنُ الْهَيْئَةِ وَ اللِّبَاسِ فَسَلَّمَ عَلَى أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ فَرَدَّ عَلَيْهِ السَّلَامَ فَجَلَسَ ثُمَّ قَالَ يَا أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ أَسْأَلُكَ عَنْ ثَلَاثِ مَسَائِلَ إِنْ أَخْبَرْتَنِي بِهِنَّ عَلِمْتُ أَنَّ الْقَوْمَ رَكِبُوا مِنْ أَمْرِكَ مَا قُضِيَ عَلَيْهِمْ وَ أَنْ لَيْسُوا بِمَأْمُونِينَ فِي دُنْيَاهُمْ وَ آخِرَتِهِمْ وَ إِنْ تَكُنِ الْأُخْرَى عَلِمْتُ أَنَّكَ وَ هُمْ شَرَعٌ سَوَاءٌ فَقَالَ لَهُ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ع سَلْنِي عَمَّا بَدَا لَكَ قَالَ أَخْبِرْنِي عَنِ الرَّجُلِ إِذَا نَامَ أَيْنَ تَذْهَبُ رُوحُهُ وَ عَنِ الرَّجُلِ كَيْفَ يَذْكُرُ وَ يَنْسَى وَ عَنِ الرَّجُلِ كَيْفَ يُشْبِهُ وَلَدُهُ الْأَعْمَامَ وَ الْأَخْوَالَ فَالْتَفَتَ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ع إِلَى الْحَسَنِ فَقَالَ يَا أَبَا مُحَمَّدٍ أَجِبْهُ قَالَ فَأَجَابَهُ الْحَسَنُ ع فَقَالَ الرَّجُلُ أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَ لَمْ أَزَلْ أَشْهَدُ بِهَا وَ أَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّداً رَسُولُ اللَّهِ وَ لَمْ أَزَلْ أَشْهَدُ بِذَلِكَ وَ أَشْهَدُ أَنَّكَ وَصِيُّ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ ص وَ الْقَائِمُ بِحُجَّتِهِ وَ أَشَارَ إِلَى أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَ لَمْ أَزَلْ أَشْهَدُ بِهَا وَ أَشْهَدُ أَنَّكَ وَصِيُّهُ وَ الْقَائِمُ بِحُجَّتِهِ وَ أَشَارَ إِلَى الْحَسَنِ ع وَ أَشْهَدُ أَنَّ الْحُسَيْنَ بْنَ عَلِيٍّ وَصِيُّ أَخِيهِ وَ الْقَائِمُ بِحُجَّتِهِ بَعْدَهُ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحُسَيْنِ أَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ الْحُسَيْنِ بَعْدَهُ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ أَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحُسَيْنِ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى جَعْفَرِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ بِأَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ مُحَمَّدٍ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى مُوسَى أَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ جَعْفَرِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى عَلِيِّ بْنِ مُوسَى أَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ مُوسَى بْنِ جَعْفَرٍ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ أَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ عَلِيِّ بْنِ مُوسَى وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى عَلِيِّ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ بِأَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى الْحَسَنِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ بِأَنَّهُ الْقَائِمُ بِأَمْرِ عَلِيِّ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ وَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى رَجُلٍ مِنْ وُلْدِ الْحَسَنِ لَا يُكَنَّى وَ لَا يُسَمَّى حَتَّى يَظْهَرَ أَمْرُهُ فَيَمْلَأَهَا عَدْلًا كَمَا مُلِئَتْ جَوْراً وَ السَّلَامُ عَلَيْكَ يَا أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَ رَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَ بَرَكَاتُهُ ثُمَّ قَامَ فَمَضَى فَقَالَ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَا أَبَا مُحَمَّدٍ اتْبَعْهُ فَانْظُرْ أَيْنَ يَقْصِدُ فَخَرَجَ الْحَسَنُ بْنُ عَلِيٍّ ع فَقَالَ مَا كَانَ إِلَّا أَنْ وَضَعَ رِجْلَهُ خَارِجاً مِنَ الْمَسْجِدِ فَمَا دَرَيْتُ أَيْنَ أَخَذَ مِنْ أَرْضِ اللَّهِ فَرَجَعْتُ إِلَى أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ع فَأَعْلَمْتُهُ فَقَالَ يَا أَبَا مُحَمَّدٍ أَ تَعْرِفُهُ قُلْتُ اللَّهُ وَ رَسُولُهُ وَ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ أَعْلَمُ قَالَ هُوَ الْخَضِرُ ع 

Aboo Ja`far Al-Thaanee (Imaam Al-Taqee Al-Jawaad) said: "Once Amir al-Mu’minin `Alee عليه السلام came with al-Hassan and al-Husayn and he was holding the hand of Salman for support. He entered the sacred Mosque in Makka and sat down. Then a good looking and well dressed man came. He offered the greeting of peace to Amir al-Mu’minin `Alee عليه السلام who answered his greetings likewise and he sat down. He then said, "I will ask you three questions. If you would answer them I will acknowledge that the people who have acted against you in the matters of leadership after the Holy Prophet (s.a) they have acted against their own selves. Their actions have taken away peace from them in this world as well in the next life. If it would be otherwise, (you can answer) then you and those people will be the same." Amir al-Mu’minin`Alee عليه السلام said, "Ask whatever you would like." He said, "Tell about the man who sleeps. Where does his spirit go?" Tell about the man, how he remembers and forgets? Tell me about the man how do his children become similar to the aunts and uncles?" Amir al-Mu’minin `Alee عليه السلام turned to al-Hassan and said, "O Aboo Muhammad, answer him." The narrator has said that al-Hassan answered his questions. The man then said,

"I testify that there is no lord besides Allah and I continue to testify to this fact. I testify that Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وآله is the Messenger of Allah and I continue to testify to this fact I testify that you are the executor of the will of the Messenger of Allah and that you are the in charge of this task ((Leadership with Divine Authority) with His authorization." He pointed out to Amir al-Mu’minin عليه السلام with his hand. He then said, "I continue to testify to this fact." "I testify that you are the executor of his (Amir al-Mu’minin’s عليه السلام) will and the in charge of this task ((Leadership with Divine Authority) by His authorization after him (Amir alMu’minin عليه السلام " He pointed out with his hand to al-Hassan عليه السلام. Then He then said, "I continue to testify to this fact."

"I testify that al-Husayn ibn `Alee عليه السلام will be the executor of the will of his brother and the in charge of this task ((Leadership with Divine Authority) with His authorization after him. 

"I testify in support of `Alee ibn al-Husayn عليه السلام that he will be the in charge of the task of al-Husayn after him.

"I testify that Muhammad ibn `Alee will be the in charge of the task of `Alee ibn al-Husayn عليه السلام after him.

"I testify that Ja‘far ibn Muhammad عليه السلام will be the in charge of the task of Muhammad ibn `Alee عليه السلام.

"I testify that Moosa will be the in charge of the task of Ja‘far ibn Muhammad after him.

"I testify that `Alee ibn Moosa will be the in charge of the task of Moosa ibn Ja‘far عليه السلام.

"I testify that Muhammad ibn `Alee عليه السلام will be the in charge of the task of `Alee ibn Moosa عليه السلام after him.

"I testify that `Alee ibn Muhammad will be the in charge of the task of Muhammad ibn `Alee عليه السلام after him.

"I testify that al-Hassan ibn `Alee عليه السلام will be the in charge of the task of `Alee ibn Muhammad عليه السلام after him.

"I testify in support of a man from the children of al-Hassan who will not be mentioned by his Kunya (father or son of so and so) or his name until he will rise with Divine authority to fill the Earth with justice after being filled with injustice."

I offer you my greeting of peace O Amir al-Mu’minin عليه السلام and praay to Allah to grant you blessings and holiness." He then stood up and left. Amir al-Mu’minin عليه السلام said, "O Aboo Muhammad follow him and see where went." Al-Hassan ibn `Alee عليه السلام went out to find out (and came back) and said, "As soon as he stepped out of the Mosque I could not figure out in which direction of the Earth of Allah did he disappear. I returned to Amir al-Mu’minin عليه السلام and informed him." He said, "O Aboo Muhammad, do you know him?" I said, Allah, the Messenger of Allah and Amir al-Mu’minin عليه السلام know best." He said, "He was al-Khidr عليه السلام "
Source:

1.       Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 1, pg. 525 – 526, hadeeth #1

Grading:

1.       Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is SaHeeH (Authentic)

è Mir’aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 6, pg. 203

"He was al-Khidr عليه السلام "

Again a disputed personality. This reminds me of 2nd hadith from 40 ahadith Nawawi. Exact copy.

Let's see what Sunni hadiths say now:

Sheikh Sulayman Balkhi Hanafi in his Yanabiu'l-Mawadda, ch.76, reports from Fara'idu's-Simtain of Hamwaini, who reports from Mujahid, who reports from Ibn Abbas: 

A Jew named Na'thal came to the Holy Prophet and asked him questions about Tawhid (Unity of Allah). The Holy Prophet answered his questions and the Jew embraced Islam. Then he said: "O Holy Prophet, every Prophet had a wasi (vicegerent). Our Prophet, Moses Ibn Imran, made a will for Yusha Ibn Nun. Please tell me who is your wasi?" The Holy Prophet said: "My vicegerent is ‘Ali Ibn Abi Talib; after him are Hasan, and Hussain and after them are nine Imams, who are the successive descendants of Hussain." Na'thal asked the Holy Prophet the names of those Imams. The Holy Prophet said: "After Hussain, his son, ‘Ali, will be the Imam; after him his son, Muhammad; after him his son, Ja'far; after him his son Musa; after him his son, ‘Ali; after him his son, Muhammad; after him his son, Hasan; after him his son, Muhammad Mahdi will be the last Imam. There will be twelve Imams."

In addition to the names of the nine Imams, this hadith further states that each would succeed as Imam after his father. Na'thal made further inquiries, and the Holy Prophet described the manner of death of each Imam.

Then Na'thal said, "I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that you are His Holy Prophet. I bear witness that these twelve Holy Imams are your vicegerents after you. What you have said is exactly what is recorded in our books and in the will of Moses."
Then the Holy Prophet said: "Paradise is for him who loves them and obeys them, and Hell is for him who is hostile to them and opposes them." Na'thal then recited some couplets to the effect that "May Allah, the Exalted, shower His blessings upon you, chosen Prophet and pride of the Bani Hashim. Allah has guided us by means of you and the twelve Holy men whom you have named. Certainly Allah has purified them and preserved them from impurity. He who loves them is successful. He who hates them is the loser. The last of the Imams will quench the thirst of the thirsty. He is the one the people will wait for. Prophet of Allah, your progeny is a blessing for me and for all the believers. Those who turn away from them will soon be thrown into Hell."

Brother show me somthing reliable from reliable books. Where are author's comments for this report? He must have commented something.

The Messenger of Allah (S), from the time the revelation of "Verily Allah intends to... (the last part of Verse 33:33)” and for six months thereafter, stood by the door of the House of Fatimah and said: "Time for Prayer Ahlul-Bayt; No doubt! Allah wished to remove all abomination from you and make you pure and spotless."

Sunni references:

• Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v12, p85

• Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v3, p258

• Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p158 who wrote this tradition is authentic as per the criteria of Muslim and Bukhari

• Tafsir al-Durr al-Manthoor, by al-Suyuti, v5, pp 197,199

• Tafsir Ibn Jarir al-Tabari, v22, pp 5,6 (saying seven month)

• Tafsir Ibn Kathir, v3, p483

• Musnad, by al-Tiyalasi, v8, p274

• Usdul Ghabah, by Ibn al-Athir, v5, p146

Ibn Abbas Narrated that:
The Messenger of Allah recited "Verily Allah intends to keep off from you every kind of uncleanness O’ People of the House (Ahlul-Bayt), and purify you a perfect purification". 
(Qur’an, the last sentence of Verse 33:33) and then the Messenger of Allah said: "Thus Me and my Ahlul-Bayt are clear from sins."

Sunni reference:

• Sahih al-Tirmidhi, as quoted in:

• al-Durr al-Manthoor, by Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, v5, pp 605-606,198 under the commentary of Verse 33:33 of Qur’an

• Dala’il al-Nabawiyyah, by al-Bayhaqi

• Others such as al-Tabarani, Ibn Mardawayh, Abu Nu’aym, etc.

Thus Me and my Ahlul-Bayt are clear from sins.

This line is from Tirmidhi? Show full hadith with reference.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Munzir Ahmed said:

It was said due to his contribution in battle of trench not because of his attachment to ahlebayt. At that time some said he is from ansaar and others said from muhajirun. This was the context. As for the attachment is concerned then many other sahabah too were very close to ahlebayt. Like Ammar bin Yasir, Abu Dhar Ghafari, Miqdad. Or can we say they were not attached to ahelabyt since Prophet saw did not call them as ahlebayt. Makes no sense.

The Prophet (saw) said "Salman is from us Ahlul-Bayt". This does not necessarily mean that "Salman is one of us Ahlul-Bayt". The Arabic word "min” has different meanings. "min” does not mean "one of" in the narration of the Prophet (saw). For instance, when the Prophet (saw) said to Imam Ali (as) "You are from me, and I am from you" (أنت مني و أنا منك), There is no mention of Ahlulbayt here. So if we suppose that the only meaning of "min" is "one of", then the saying of the Prophet will become "Ali is one of me and I am one of Ali". Nice translation there, how many persons is the Prophet now?

Also, I'm not sure why you're taking the narration too literally then justifying that anyone can be from the Ahlulbayt. It's clear that the Ahlulbayt consist of only the household of the Prophet and no one else. There names (the 12 imams) have been mentioned countless times in hadiths.

For both cases only 4 were present there. And this is still applicable since they havnt returned to the pond yet. And the debates like who was on truth or with the Quran in battles are still going on with enemies of ahlebayt and will remain till the end of time. Just like the debate of Mamun. Neither Imam said its for 12 people nor he said I am also part of it. Rather he refered back to 4 members of ahlebayt and mentioned their merits.

I already told you the verse is not just referring to these 3 individuals but to all 12 of them. Being alive at the time of the verse and the hadith of the Prophet does not mean it only refers to them only. The Quran and the hadith said 'ahlulbayt', and I gave you ahadith proving who the members of the ahlulbayt are and how many they are. Whether you want to take Shi'a narrations as hujjah or not is up to you.

What makes you say they haven't returned to the pond yet?

This report just mentions the ayah but do not prove that 33:33 means infallibility.

That hadith was not for proving the infallibility but to prove that ahlulbayt is not limited to only 3 imams. I gave you other narrations already proving 33:33 means infallibility. 

And what you mean by thorough purification? Does it mean now ahlebayt can stop performing wudhu and ghusul?

Wudhu and Ghusl are 'ibadah (worship), it has nothing to do with cleanliness. Thorough purification means being purified a perfect purification, in other words being sinless as proven from numerous narrations.

First hadith seems like a definition of prophet.

What? please elaborate...

This contradicts with Imam Ali Redha's answer to Mamun. Imam Ali Redha had no knwoledge about the names or number. Strange. When it comes to practical scenarios then such fabricated reports were never used by any. Thus many sects emerged just because people were unaware about the predetermined list of Imams. Even in above hadith names are missing, only those are mentioned who were physically present there plus Imam Mahdi as there were already hundreds of ahadith on his coming from prophet saw.

How do you know Imam Reda (as) had no knowledge? Just because he never mentioned the names or number in this particular hadith you just assume he had no knowledge? That's a logical fallacy right there. Mamun asked him a simple question and Imam Reda (as) answered him without going into too much details. Other imams have already mentioned the 12 imams name by name, so your argument is illogical. 

My father (ra) said: Told us `Alī bin Ibrāhīm, from his father, from Ibn Abī `Umair, from someone who reported it from Abi ‘Abdullāh (عليه السلام):

This is how you can fabricate a report. And from Tafsir Qummi, another book of fabrication. Rejected by many top shia scholars.

Content is also problematic.

You know that there are multiple Isnads for this hadith, and not from Tafsir Qummi. I'll show you the same hadith with a different sanad:

In `Ilal ash-Shara'i`: By its isnad to Ibn Abi `Umayr from whom he narrated from from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام.

He said: When Abi Bakr prevented Fatima عليها السلام from Fadak, Amir al-Mu'mineen عليه السلام came to the mosque, and Abu Bakr was sitting with the Muhajireen and the Ansar around him. So he said: O Abi Bakr! Why did you prevent Fatima from what the Messenger of Allah الله عليه وآله entrusted with her years ago? O Abi Bakr! Do you recite the Quran? He said: Of course. He said: So tell me about the saying of Allah عز وجل, "Surely, Allah only wants to remove uncleanliness from you, O Ahl al-Bayt, and purify you with a thorough purification" (33:33) - was it revealed regarding us, or other than us? He said: Regarding you. He said: So inform me, if Muslim witnesses were to accuse Fatima عليها السلام of lewdness, what would you do? He said: I would punish her just as I would push other Muslim women. He said: Then to Allah, you would be of the disbelievers. He said: Why? He said: Because you would have rejected the testimony of Allah and accepted the testimony of other than Him, because Allah عز وجل testified of her purity. Thus, if you reject the testimony of Allah and accept the testimony of other than Him, then to Allah, you would be of the disbelievers. So the people wept, dispersed, and grumbled.

Not a fabrication at all, it's the truth. You just don't want to believe it.

"He was al-Khidr عليه السلام "

Again a disputed personality. This reminds me of 2nd hadith from 40 ahadith Nawawi. Exact copy.

Disputed personality, maybe, but that doesn't make the hadith any less authentic. The chain is what matters, and there are many hadiths with different chains that mention all 12 imams.

Brother show me somthing reliable from reliable books. Where are author's comments for this report? He must have commented something.

Sheikh Sulayman Balkhi Hanafi is a reliable person. Read this here for full detail about him and his works: http://www.shiapen.com/biographies/suleman-al-hanafi.html

Thus Me and my Ahlul-Bayt are clear from sins.

This line is from Tirmidhi? Show full hadith with reference.

Imam Suyuti narrates:

وأخرج الترمذي وصححه وابن جرير وابن المنذر والحاكم وصححه وابن مردويه والبيهقي في سننه من طرق عن أم سلمة رضي الله عنها قالت:
في بيتي نزلت { إنما يريد الله ليذهب عنكم الرجس أهل البيت } وفي البيت فاطمة، وعلي، والحسن، والحسين. فجللهم رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم بكساء كان عليه، ثم قال " هؤلاء أهل بيتي فاذهب عنهم الرجس، وطهرهم تطهيراً "

Translation: It is narrated by Imam Tirimdhi and he declared it “SAHIH”.. Imam Ibn Jarir, Ibn Mundhir and Imam Hakim who also declared it “SAHIH” plus Imam Ibn Murduya and Baihaqi in his Sunnan narrate from the route of Umm Salama (ra) who said:

This ayah was revealed in my house when in the house were present Fatima, Ali, Hassan and Hussain (Ridhwan Allaho Ajmain). The Prophet (Peace be upon him) covered them in his own cloak and then said: (O Allah) these are my Ahlul Bayt, remove all abomination from them and make them pure and spotless [Tafsir Dur ul Munthur, Volume No. 5, Page No. 563]

عن عمر بن أبي سلمة ربيب النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال: لما نزلت هذه الآية على النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم
(إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيرًا) في بيت أم سلمة، فدعا فاطمة و حسنا و حسينا
رضي الله عنهم فجللهم بكساء وعلي خلف ظهره فجلله بكساء، ثم قال: اللهم! هؤلاء أهل بيتي فأذهب عنهم الرجس
وطهرهم تطهيرا

Umar bin Abi Salamah (RA) who was brought up by the Prophet (SAW) narrates that when the verse, “Allah only desires to keep away (all kinds of) impurity from you, O ‘people of the house!’ (the Prophet’s family) and to totally purify you,” (al-Ahzab 33:33), was revealed to the Holy Prophet (SAW) at the home of Umm Salamah (رضي الله عنها), he (SAW) called Fatimah (سلام اللہ علیھا), Hasan (RA) and Husain (RA) and covered them with a cloak. Ali(كرم الله وجهه) was behind him (SAW), the Holy Prophet (SAW) also covered him under the same cloak and then said, “Oh Allah! These are my ahl-ul-bait (‘people of the house’) so keep impurity away from them and totally purify them.”

References

►Tirmidhi, al-Jami-us-sahih (5:351,663#3205,3787)

►Ahmad bin Hambal, al-Musnad (6:292)

►Ahmad bin Hambal, Fadail-us-sahabah (2:587#994)

►Bayhaqi related it with slightly different words in as-sunan-ul-kubra (2:150).

►Hakim, al-Mustadrak (2:451#3558)

►Hakim, al-Mustadrak (3:158#4705)

►Tabarani, al-Mujam-ul-kabir (3:54#2662)

►Tabarani, al-Mujam-ul-kabir (9:25#8295)

►Tabarani, al-Mujam-ul-awsat (4:134#3799)

►Baihaqi, al-Itiqad (p.327)

http://www.ahlus-sunna.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=121