sidnaq

Do men have it easier than women?

Rate this topic

In the law of nature or simplifying it, in Islam, responsibilities equate with the rights. The more responsibility a person has is given more rights. Now this is relative of course, because at one front men have more responsibilities so enjoy more rights, and at other front women have more so they enjoy more rights. 

As a Muslim man, I can tell you its not easy for a man, especially the protection of his faith, all the while trying to bring halal food to his table for dependents. All the while I'm highly appreciative of faithful women who have their own tests physical and spiritual such as donning hijab, in the summer hot days, and so on or fulfilling the desires of their husbands even though their biological clocks are more slower than men in certain areas, or taking care of a chaotic household without much help from others.

57 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

as asked above?....

Women have it easier. Men have more obligations to fulfill. Women are more valuable in the eyes of Allah than Men so you must realize how tough it can be sometimes for us. :)

I think it cancels out to be honest. Allah never burdens any soul, so it doesn't make sense to pick one gender.

Women have a lot of struggles I admit. Wearing hijab in some bigoted societies like America can be painful. Having kids is obviously joyful for any women, but it requires a lot of sacrifices (pregnancy etc).

Men have a tough time maintaining their sexual urges if they happen to marry late. (Not saying women don't have sexual urges)

However now many men and women are sharing responsibilities now, so it is not right to point fingers. Women also work now and can contribute financially. Men can also cook nice food.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

24 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

Women have it easier. Men have more obligations to fulfill. Women are more valuable in the eyes of Allah than Men so you must realize how tough it can be sometimes for us. :)

What does this mean?

ls this some kind of scrambled lsIamo-Feminist message?

52 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

There is a number of hadiths from Ahlulbayt that say so.

I know that there any many hadiths which praise women, but I haven't come across any that directly say that we are less valuable to Allah.

18 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I know that there any many verses which praise women, but I haven't come across any that directly say that we are less valuable to Allah.

Not less valuable. A righteous Woman is better than a righteous Man. One righteous Woman is better than 70 virtuous Men.. One righteous Woman is better than one thousand unrighteous Men. 

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : المَرأَةُ الصّالِحَةُ خَيرٌ مِن ألفِ رَجُلٍ غَيرِ صالِحٍ‏۱ 

The Prophet (SAWA) said,

'One righteous woman is better than one thousand unrighteous men.' 

Irshad al-Qulub, v. 1, p. 175

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : الدُّنيا مَتاعٌ، ولَيسَ مِن مَتاعِ الدُّنيا شَي‏ءٌ أفضلَ مِنَ المَرأَةِ الصّالِحَةِ۳ 

The Prophet (SAWA) said,

'The world is like a commodity, and there is nothing in this world better than a righteous woman.' 

al-Firdaws, v. 2, p. 230, no. 3108

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : بِرُّ المَرأَةِ المُؤمِنَةِ كَعَمَلِ سَبعينَ صِدّيقاً، وفُجورُ المَرأَةِ المُؤمِنَةِ كفُجورِ ألفِ فاجِرٍ 

The Prophet (SAWA) said,

'The righteousness of one believing woman is better than seventy virtuous (sidiq) men and the corruption of one woman is like the corruption of one thousand corrupt people.'

Kanz al-Ummal, v. 16, p. 398, no. 45,090

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : لا تَكرَهوا البَناتَ ؛ فإنَّهُنَّ المُؤنِساتُ الغالِياتُ 

The Prophet (SAWA) said,

'Do not hate girls, for they are the sources of delight and the valuable [ones].' 

Kanz al-Ummal, no. 45,374

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : البَناتُ هُنَّ المُشفِقاتُ المُجَهَّزاتُ المُبارَكاتُ 

The Prophet (SAWA) said,

'Girls are the compassionate, the ones who have been provided for, the ones who are blessed.' 

Ibid. no. 45,399

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : إنّ اللَّهَ تباركَ وتعالى‏ علَى الإناثِ أرأفُ مِنهُ علَى الذُّكورِ ، وما مِن رجُلٍ يُدخِلُ فَرحَةً علَى امرأةٍ بَينَهُ وبَينَها حُرمَةٌ ، إلّا فَرَّحَهُ اللَّهُ تعالى‏ يَومَ القِيامَةِ 

The Prophet (SAWA) said,

'Allah, Blessed and most High, is more affectionate to females than to males, and any man who brings happiness into the heart of a woman he is related to, Allah will make him happy on the Day of Resurrection.'

al-Kafi, v. 6, p. 6, no. 7

@ali_fatheroforphans @hasanhh

remember the value of righteous women. @sidnaq your a lot more important than you think. If your pious then these hadiths apply to you Alhamdulillah. :)

Do not see yourself as useless. :)

46 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : المَرأَةُ الصّالِحَةُ خَيرٌ مِن ألفِ رَجُلٍ غَيرِ صالِحٍ‏۱ 

The Prophet (SAWA) said,

'One righteous woman is better than one thousand unrighteous men.' 

Irshad al-Qulub, v. 1, p. 175

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : الدُّنيا مَتاعٌ، ولَيسَ مِن مَتاعِ الدُّنيا شَي‏ءٌ أفضلَ مِنَ المَرأَةِ الصّالِحَةِ۳ 

The Prophet (SAWA) said,

'The world is like a commodity, and there is nothing in this world better than a righteous woman.' 

al-Firdaws, v. 2, p. 230, no. 3108

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : بِرُّ المَرأَةِ المُؤمِنَةِ كَعَمَلِ سَبعينَ صِدّيقاً، وفُجورُ المَرأَةِ المُؤمِنَةِ كفُجورِ ألفِ فاجِرٍ 

The Prophet (SAWA) said,

'The righteousness of one believing woman is better than seventy virtuous (sidiq) men and the corruption of one woman is like the corruption of one thousand corrupt people.'

Kanz al-Ummal, v. 16, p. 398, no. 45,090

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : لا تَكرَهوا البَناتَ ؛ فإنَّهُنَّ المُؤنِساتُ الغالِياتُ 

The Prophet (SAWA) said,

'Do not hate girls, for they are the sources of delight and the valuable [ones].' 

Kanz al-Ummal, no. 45,374

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : البَناتُ هُنَّ المُشفِقاتُ المُجَهَّزاتُ المُبارَكاتُ 

The Prophet (SAWA) said,

'Girls are the compassionate, the ones who have been provided for, the ones who are blessed.' 

Ibid. no. 45,399

رسولُ اللَّهِ صلى اللَّه عليه وآله : إنّ اللَّهَ تباركَ وتعالى‏ علَى الإناثِ أرأفُ مِنهُ علَى الذُّكورِ ، وما مِن رجُلٍ يُدخِلُ فَرحَةً علَى امرأةٍ بَينَهُ وبَينَها حُرمَةٌ ، إلّا فَرَّحَهُ اللَّهُ تعالى‏ يَومَ القِيامَةِ 

The Prophet (SAWA) said,

'Allah, Blessed and most High, is more affectionate to females than to males, and any man who brings happiness into the heart of a woman he is related to, Allah will make him happy on the Day of Resurrection.'

al-Kafi, v. 6, p. 6, no. 7

@ali_fatheroforphans @hasanhh

remember the value of righteous women. @sidnaq your a lot more important than you think. If your pious then these hadiths apply to you Alhamdulillah. :)

Do not see yourself as useless. :)

JazakAllah african shia, may Allah bless you for such beautiful and reinforcing words, you are a remarkable human being

1 hour ago, AfricanShia said:

I actually feel sorry for you that your so disrespectful towards Women. :)

The word isn't "disrespectful", it is "mydogynme".   

Nevertheless, l am always respectful towards Muslimas.

4 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

You mean to tell me that you think that the Woman who had to carry you in her belly for 9 months and breastfeed you is less valuable than your Dad?

Man I think you made a claim that women are more valuable than men to Allah. This is a pretty strong statement.

If you look at it from a male doninated society's point of view, women have it much harder. If we cover up we are judged, if we don't cover up we are still judged. We are judged by our looks and have to battle sexism at some point in life. We need to work in a workplace 109 times harder just to prove we can do the same thing as men.

However Islamically it is completely the opposite. The duties of men and women can be weighed out to be completely balanced. Imagine how easy all of our lives would be, men and women alike, if society stuck to the Islamic teachings of equality and the status of women.

I don't know, both genders have it easy to me if they stick to their traditonal roles + the male having money. Their roles in society are straightforward and anyone who tells you about "grey areas" or "it's complicated" is just trying to make life hard when it should be simple. 

Yes! Men have definitely easier lives. I am saying this based on my observation and I have lived in 2 countries, have observed hundreds of people. From 1990 to 2010, for 20 years, women's lives were good in US. I am glad that I was able to live in that environment for 10 years at least. It will be a nice memory for the rest of my life and I feel sorry for girls who will never experience that. I read somewhere that millenial women are moving away from feminist thinking of earlier generation. I think it's either they are taking their rights for granted because they got everything served on a plate, or they see how world is changing and they know that they can survive only by distancing themselves from feminism. It's sad. 

At some times, in some ways, in some cultures... there are differences, but there's nothing intrinsically more difficult about being a man or being a woman. In our current "western" society it's a lot easier for men than women to abandon their obligations, but the other side of that is that it's more difficult for men than for women to meet their obligations.