Rate this topic

Salaam,

When doing wudu, do you let the water run while washing different parts or turn off the faucet every time and turn it on?

I will confess that I leave the water running but I don't turn the faucet fully on either.

Any rulings on this?

On 8/8/2017 at 0:49 PM, shiaman14 said:

Salaam,

When doing wudu, do you let the water run while washing different parts or turn off the faucet every time and turn it on?

I will confess that I leave the water running but I don't turn the faucet fully on either.

Any rulings on this?

I do the same. However, I was doing some research and i found the following page

https://purifiedhousehold.com/saving-water-in-wudhu-ghusl/

On 8/8/2017 at 1:30 PM, Ron_Burgundy said:

I do the same. However, I was doing some research and i found the following page

https://purifiedhousehold.com/saving-water-in-wudhu-ghusl/

so I get the amount should be about a small bottle of water. But in the Prophet's case or back in the day, someone would be pouring the water for him so it would be easier to control the water flow. With taps, it is much harder unless we get those motion-detection water faucets.

11 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

so I get the amount should be about a small bottle of water. But in the Prophet's case or back in the day, someone would be pouring the water for him so it would be easier to control the water flow. With taps, it is much harder unless we get those motion-detection water faucets.

I am just gonna try my best.... I'll keep the water flow slow. 

On 8/8/2017 at 1:40 PM, shiaman14 said:

But in the Prophet's case or back in the day, someone would be pouring the water for him so it would be easier to control the water flow.

I don't think the Prophet (p) always had someone pouring water for him!! (think Tahajjud or all the other prayers offered in private when no one would be around/awake). 

Here are videos of Agha Khoei (rh) and Agha Sistani (rh) pouring water for themselves while performing wudhu (they make it look so easy lol):

46 minutes ago, Basim Ali said:

I don't think the Prophet (p) always had someone pouring water for him!! (think Tahajjud or all the other prayers offered in private when no one would be around/awake). 

Here are videos of Agha Khoei (rh) and Agha Sistani (rh) pouring water for themselves while performing wudhu (they make it look so easy lol):

thanks for videos brother.