notme

Transgenderism in children is child abuse

Rate this topic

The American college of pediatricians published a document ruling that transgenderism in children is child abuse. The paper also implies that transgenderism is a mental illness even in adults. 

I know it is obvious to Muslims, but it's a big fad nowadays among seculars.

The American College of Pediatricians urges healthcare professionals, educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts – not ideology – determine reality.

http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

It is a mental illness. You also have to look at it scientifically as well. An embryo has combined DNA from a Male and Female, thus giving the capability of a Woman morphing their mentality into a Male and vice-versa. 

Two sentences into the first paragraph and I realized that something didn't sound right about the language being used (too biased and opinionated). Then I realized I was on the website of The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) which is not the main, authoritative body of pediatric practice in the US. That's the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). ACPeds is actually an offshoot of AAP and is a protest group made and run by conservative pediatricians who were opposed to the pro-LGBTQ stance of the AAP on several issues.

Nobody really pays attention to this aberrant group anymore lol. While I haven't really analyzed their article and their references (don't think it's worth anyone's time to do so tbh) these groups tend to be selective in quoting medical literature to support their point of views. Kind of like the anti-vaccination groups among the medical fraternity that repeatedly quote flawed studies to prove their point. 

I know we'd like scientific evidence to fit our Muslim narratives but I'd personally be happier if we don't look like we share our values with a group as un-scientific as ACPeds. 

Salaam.  

2 hours ago, Basim Ali said:

Then I realized I was on the website of The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) which is not the main, authoritative body of pediatric practice in the US.

Yeah, I realized after I'd already posted. Decided to roll with it. I think transgenderism is a fad. It does happen in real life - there really are people who are genetically one gender but have the appearance of the other. But it's very rare, unlike the media would have us believe. I wonder how many boys who played with dolls or girls who liked sports generations ago would be labeled transgendered nowadays.